• You cannot reply to this topic

PB Rants Rants on what I see Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostSFC. Connell, on 27 April 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

If you want paintball to grow, you need to get rid of the blatant cheating, and promotion of wiping. Shoot on pbnation last week, a kid posted a video of himself wiping, and countless comments were to the effect of "we all cheat".

Where I have a problem with in your statement is "promotion of wiping" I have NEVER in 10 years seen or hear anyone promote wiping or cheating in general to another player. Idk if it's where I come from or what, but if you cheat around here in New England you get lit up. Simple as that. I'm not puffing my chest out, I'm telling you what I have seen and done to cheaters who are caught. They get shot 2X's more than necessary and they learn that their actions are what caused that. I don't like cheating, and I don't cheat. But I do understand and accept that it is in the sport and with there is a consistant amount of new players and kids who want to be able to compete with the experienced players, I do expect it and don't see it going anywhere. It doesn't necessarily hurt the growth as I see so many 11-14 year olds show up every weekend for their first time out, and then I see them again the next weekend mixed in with another group of newbies. So cheating doesn't stop the growth. What stops the growth of our sport is how we treat the new kids. Take them under your wing, encourage them, be funny and lighthearted. When you first start out, getting shot is scary and to have someone make jokes or do something dumb and get shot 10 times and come back laughing about it, makes a new player feel A LOT more comfortable to get shot himself and learn the game. That's what makes new players keep coming back. Their first time should be nothing but fun and good memories. Not pain and anger. Simple as that.

Wait, you keep players from cheating by cheating? (bonus balling someone is clearly cheating...) (I'm not picking on you, just pointing out the obvious conundrum in that action)

And as far as people promoting cheating "as part of our sport"...

http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3789001

#62 User is offline   ^!) 

• ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

...that kid sucked.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#63 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

or better yet ... "that kid wipes"

#64 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Free enterprise, what I mean is if I see someone wipe a hit off, I will throw more paint at him until he calls himself out. I don't overshoot after he calls himself out.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#65 User is offline   ^!) 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postklaatu, on 27 April 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Naah... he just really sucks. If he wiped one of my hits on him, it wouldn't really phase me... I'd just go bunker him and look cool.

....and cassidy's new video shows a quality wipe. it's about 3:45-ish into it. My first thought was "oh snap....!" My next thought was "that was a really good one." About seven thoughts down the line came the "he shouldn't have done that" thought. But I don't care. It's a risk.... had he gotten caught, it would have been a 3-for-1, and they would have lost. He took that gamble, and succeeded. More power to him.

the whole video is pretty good... you all should watch it.

http://www.youtube.c...KcodBuqE4?rel=0

This post has been edited by ^!): 27 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

#66 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Post^!), on 28 April 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

View Postklaatu, on 27 April 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Naah... he just really sucks. If he wiped one of my hits on him, it wouldn't really phase me... I'd just go bunker him and look cool.

....and cassidy's new video shows a quality wipe. it's about 3:45-ish into it. My first thought was "oh snap....!" My next thought was "that was a really good one." About seven thoughts down the line came the "he shouldn't have done that" thought. But I don't care. It's a risk.... had he gotten caught, it would have been a 3-for-1, and they would have lost. He took that gamble, and succeeded. More power to him.

the whole video is pretty good... you all should watch it.

http://www.youtube.c...KcodBuqE4?rel=0

Lol, the wipe was a really good one. I'm not on the same track as you as far as thinking goes, but that was ridiculously quick reflexes. And the penalty as you stated is there to help deter cheating. I personally think Ref's are at a disadvantage when doing their job so they should have a few more ref's out there. IMHO
Feedback

#67 User is offline   ^!) 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostSFC. Connell, on 27 April 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Lol, the wipe was a really good one. I'm not on the same track as you as far as thinking goes, but that was ridiculously quick reflexes. And the penalty as you stated is there to help deter cheating. I personally think Ref's are at a disadvantage when doing their job so they should have a few more ref's out there. IMHO

There are quite a few refs out there... but the NPPL has always been behind the PSP in ref quality.

When the NXL was still around, they used to hand-pick each ref, and they'd stack refs all over. I remember hearing interviews where the players would say "the hardest thing to get used to is the reffing. You can't get away with anything." There was probably less cheating in those tournaments than in rec games.

#68 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

And thats why NPPL went under...I mean I like PSP's format better. It is a lot more competitive so that also has something to do with the NPPL going under as well. I don't now too much about the NXL so I'll jsut take your word lol.
Feedback

#69 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostSFC. Connell, on 27 April 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Free enterprise, what I mean is if I see someone wipe a hit off, I will throw more paint at him until he calls himself out. I don't overshoot after he calls himself out.

Ok, gotcha... I though you meant, well, you know.

I put together a video of blatant wiping from my last scenario... But, I'm not sure if I should post it or not, as it is extremely obvious, and the kid looks like he may be under 18... Hard to tell, as even college kids look like teenagers to me at my age.

If it were an adult, I'd throw it up there, but kids make bad choices, and I'm sure the kid didn't realize that I was filming with my ZoomCam that REALLY shows the hits... He was about 60-70 feet away from me when I shot him, but I can zoom all the way in until you can see the paint on his hoodie.

#70 User is offline   ^!) 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostSFC. Connell, on 28 April 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

And thats why NPPL went under...I mean I like PSP's format better. It is a lot more competitive so that also has something to do with the NPPL going under as well. I don't now too much about the NXL so I'll jsut take your word lol.

Nah, the NPPL went under because Shawn Walker is a retard.

#71 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

That too lol
Feedback

#72 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well I'm back... 3 weeks and 11 new 13M10 in to the Army later. So while I was there I brought my paintball gear and we played some woodsball with the other 13M and 13P instructors after class. So all in all we had 3 E-7 and 1 E-5 playing. Which brings me to my rant...

If you get shot, Don't scream like a girl! It's not that bad, and if you scream like a girl we are going to make fun of you.
So out of the four of us, Swanny and myself have played before. Green and Hatch were playing for the first time. So I give a quick a quick safety brief, show them how to operate the Shocker and the FX. How to make sure the hoppers are on. Go over the rules; bounce don't count but any break, including on the gun or hopper, are outs. Once out DO NOT Take off your mask till you are sure BOTH of you have your barrel condoms back on. And off in to teh woods we sent them.

After a few minutes of waiting we heard that glorious sound of thump, thump, thump, and thack, thack and then we heard it. "Aaawww!! Oooww!! (Few swear words)!!! You shot me in my ovary! {that actually is direct quote by teh way} (more swear words)!!" Now as you can imagine Swanny and I are rolling as Green and Hatch come out of teh woods. Hatch is well pleased with himself as not only did just take out Green but he smoked a 13P who out ranks him by 2 pay grades. Green on teh other hand isn't so happy. This goes on for the rest of the day.

The next morning its off to PT, then staff call in the "Shark tank" before the students show up. As soon as Green walks in it starts. Hey guess who I am? Swanny calls out. "Aaaah! Oooow! Sand in my Vag! My Ovary!" and it is on. Finally after a few minutes Green has had enough. "You didn't tell me it was going to hurt!" to which I replied "Of course it was going to hurt. You didn't think get hit by a hard paint filled ball moving at 280 fps was going to feel good did you? But everyone out there playing got hit and who was the only one crying like a biatch? That would be teh man with the ovaries."

So the moral of my little tale is 1. Paintballs hurt. 2. Paintballs hurt, but not that bad. 3. Paintballs hurt, but not that bad so if you cotinually cry like a little girl when you get hit people will make fun of you. 4. Paintballs hurt, but not that bad so if you cotinually cry like a little girl when you get hit people will make fun of you so you need to take it like a man or else. 5. Paintballs hurt, but not that bad so if you cotinually cry like a little girl when you get hit people will make fun of you so you need to take it like a man especially if your teh only FDC guy playing with a bunch of Mikes because we already think you a whooze and that just doesn't help your image.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#73 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ramp, ramp, go away, come again another day
Summer time is here at last, the days are getting longer, and that means the return of Wednesday Night Paintball at our local field.

Now a few quick things about our field; Itís an outlaw, barrel, speedball field. The guys that built it (I helped a little but Trent, Grant, Dave, and Billy did most of the work) play tourney speedball. They play in UT and CO and the main reason why we built a field was so we can play locally and they can get practice in for their tourneys. With that in mind we play with PSP 12 bps ramping because you train as you fight. Sorry end of discussion on that. I donít want to hear play pump. Play pure Semi when playing with new players, or any of that. Donít like it either build your own field or donít play. There will be players ramping on the field.

I hate and love ramping. On the break if Iím laning, ramping is the greatest thing ever. It makes my job SOOO much easier. The low pulls per minute needed to maintain ramp mode means that I have a nice steady platform that sends an almost constant string of paint across a single line of flight. Itís like instant elimination for anyone trying to get to back stand ups.

Itís after the break that my hatred of PSP ramping begins. The problem isnít getting hit, I can take it. It isnít shooting the regulars, they can take it as well (plus to be honest weíve all been playing long enough that unless we really screw up we only get hit in the hopper, mask, hand, or forearm). The problem is the low pull rate that was so great on the break now kicks on the ramp in a heartbeat. You expose yourself, Iíll shoot 2-3 at you on purpose and then ramp will send 3-6 more right behind it. The result is that the newer guys who are playing with us get lit, sometimes badly. They expose most of their body, because they are still learning, and they take 4-6 across their chest.

The question becomes what to do about? Normally I start out in PSP and then after the break drop to semi but that means that I have to leave my tourney lock off in order to change modes. This also means that while I am preventing REALLY lighting up a new player I am also making things easier on my tourney friends, which takes away from their practice. I can program special mode that does PSP ramp that jacks the pull rate and # of pulls required to go into ramp but that always seems sketchy as went I see people using odd modes it always makes me wonder if they are cheating using break outs and etc. Which is someplace I donít even want to go, I donít like any questions about my integrity as a player (even if Iím only playing with friends who would never question anyway). Ramping and electronic modes are here to stay. Iíve accepted that, and to a certain extent embraced it but I feel that being a responsible PBer means that we must always weigh the pros and cons of the science of paintball against those we play against. So I will continue to Ramp then Semi without the lock on as I feel that while I may not be giving my friends 100%, the 90% they get by me being on Semi is well worth the ROF control I have against over shooting young bloods.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#74 User is offline   Raven911 

• Team Birds of Prey
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raven911

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

Im getting in this a little late but hey, im bored. I remember when if a plqyer was caught cheating they were told to leave the field and never return. At one time all of the local fields were like this and a cheater would quickly find himself without a field to play on. We should go back to that.
http://www.flurryindustries.com
http://www.specopsbrigade.com/main.php
Drive it like it's issued!
"Life's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

#75 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

I hope I never become that guy

So I'm assuming that most people reading this (if any) have been in paintball a while. Over the years I'm sure you have seen all kinds of things and heard all kinds of claims (hell I'm even guilty of a few myself, I admit it). I figure its par for the course and I let it roll off my back like water off a duck's back. But I have noticed some people can't. So what am I talking about? I just watched an old vid on about the ultimate sniper challenge or something like that. Now these guys who tried to put it on had some claims that just were not realistic. I mean I could do some of them with a real gun but a 400' paintball shot hitting a single playing card? Yeah sure... Anyway this guy who's video a was watching turned it in to a 6 minute rant/ trash attack. And by rant/trash attack I'm talking the whole arm waving, face making, stomping around rant/trash.

I understand that may-be that's how some people communicate, I understand that some people are more passionate about paintball than I and so when they hear or see stuff like that they take it personnally and react to it as such. I get it. I just hope I never become that guy.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users