• You cannot reply to this topic

practice makes perfect for every player Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

Ok so I was thinking the other day about how nice it would be to be able to shoot as many first strikes as I want for practicing, because they cost too much to just shoot at trees and bottles. So, I remembered something from my home field that proved to be my solution. The nets that divide the field from the camp grounds catch paintballs instead of breaking them. After thinking about it for a moment I decided to make my own version. I took an extension cable, ran it between two trees, and used some laundry clips to hold up an old sheet. I spray painted an outline of my brother on it and filled it in. I then clipped a foam pad to the bottom to catch the paintballs when they fall. You could use this for both first strikes and normal paint, as long as you have something soft on the ground to keep the paint from breaking or getting dirty. I've shot over 100 shots at this trap and I've only lost 3 first strikes. One because I missed completely, lol, and the two others were from the paint falling on to the rock that I used to keep the foam pad on the ground as it was a little windy that evening. It stops shots at 25 yards and at 80 yards. Personally I am glad to have made this and I will post pics and videos of the trap tomorrow when I get off work. I will also edit this post as Im pretty sure I didn't make perfect sense, but I'm tired and I'm going to bed... good night.

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:42 AM

Wow. That sounds like a great idea. I never even thought about that.

Do the regular paintballs still hold its shape and everything after being shot a little?

Anyways, great idea :dodgy:

#3 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

I guess I kind of did this once...By accident. I missed my target I made and the ball hit a sheet my mother had on the clothesline. The ball made contact with the sheet, the sheet absorbed the impact and the ball fell harmlessly to the ground. It was intresting, and seems like your using the same concept here. Great idea man!

#4 User is offline   Chupathingy009 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chupathingy009

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

Good idea! i've heard of guys doing this mid-game when they run out of paint, holding out t-shirts to catch paint to shoot back haha. i've never tried it, but on our field, the grass is super tall and thick, so any shots that don't break on the bunker usually get caught in the grass completely unharmed and ready to shoot back.

#5 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

View PostChupathingy009, on Aug 17 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

Good idea! i've heard of guys doing this mid-game when they run out of paint, holding out t-shirts to catch paint to shoot back haha. i've never tried it, but on our field, the grass is super tall and thick, so any shots that don't break on the bunker usually get caught in the grass completely unharmed and ready to shoot back.

Eh, I don't know I would do this in grass. The gelatin shells are compromised the second they hit water or dirt. It's risky. Of course if you own a Tippmann, who cares! :D You could put rocks in the damn things and they would still work.

#6 User is offline   Chupathingy009 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chupathingy009

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

Mhm, but the good thing is they never hit water or dirt :dodgy: they just sit on top of a foot-high field of grass.

#7 User is offline   mr. thunderclese 

• killah
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr. thunderclese

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

Or you could just get reballs instead of risking your paint.

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

They make reballs that are shaped like First Strike Rounds? :ninja:

#9 User is offline   mr. thunderclese 

• killah
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr. thunderclese

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Aug 17 2009, 03:04 PM, said:

They make reballs that are shaped like First Strike Rounds? :ninja:

oh snap i though that was a brand of paint. nevermind.

#10 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

View PostMalu, on Aug 17 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

View PostChupathingy009, on Aug 17 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

Eh, I don't know I would do this in grass. The gelatin shells are compromised the second they hit water or dirt. It's risky. Of course if you own a Tippmann, who cares! :) You could put rocks in the damn things and they would still work.

You'd be surprised after reffing for a little while what you'd find in peoples guns when they "break." My favorite is finding a paintball that surived a rain storm in the feedneck lol. Like dropping a 50 cent piece in there. You'd think people would have the common sense to not put things in the hopper that won't even come close to fitting in the barrel....

#11 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Well dang-it! I can't find my camera, but I did fire more first strikes at the trap. Ohh lord, these things are amazing! Also I have some first strikes that have cracked and/or broken fins now, but they shoot just the same as they did when I took them out of the tube the first time. I tried this on regular paint as well but I lost most of it due to the inaccuracy of normal paint. But the ones that I did save shot just as well as the last time around.

#12 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

I used this in my basement for reballs, just so that they dont go bouncing all over the place after they get shot, I used a big garbage can with foam in the bottom to catch them, but Ive never tried it with real paint, sounds like a good idea though
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#13 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

Ok I have a video, it's more of a propoganda video for my team but it shows off the trap, take a look.
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Sp...ichesandSof.flv

#14 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

Nice. However 50 yards isn't that impressive for FirstStrike rounds. At 50 yards, with a consistent marker and high quality paint, the same could be done. The center of mass anyway. Consistent headshots would be impressive.

#15 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

well, I wasn't trying to show off distance if you want distance I have an 80 yard shot and a 101 yard shot I can show off, lol! I was showing off the trap. As for the 50 yard shot, I have personally never just been able to aim at a guy and shoot him first shot at fifty yards. I think I should show off the longer shots though, just to be a show off! :(

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Sp...T9withFirst.flv
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll14/Sp...rike9_29_09.flv
Right now I think most people would be skeptical of the legitimacy of these videos, because I don't have two camera's and a chrono and you can't really see me in the 80 yard vid. I am about 10 yards past the deer feeder.

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 02 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users