My pet peeves. for newbies and not so newbies Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#241 User is offline   3000pburway 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:300pb heavy gunner

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

pet peaves

wipers - if you dont have the guts to recognize that you got hit, then dont play.

bunker babies - if your going to be on my team, dont hide in the bunker all game, your are just waisting a spot on the team, and waisting money.

pray n spray- i own the feild, i dont want to see you every 10 mins because you ran out of Co2 or air, conserve it.

know it alls- i do not care about your training in the military or if you are a good shot with a rifle, they are not rifles, this is not the military.

walkers- i dont care about if you are not fast, at least run, or ill be the one shooting at you.

keep your head down - you may be 7 ft tall, but i can gaurentee you that you can duck under the bunker. easy as that.

crying- dont come crying to me if you hurt yourself by jumping over the barrier. it was your smart idea, its your problem

marker jackers- its not yours dont touch it. i did not buy it for you to take it, if you do you are banned from my feild.

respect the rentals- i baught them for players too unfortunate to buy their own, i only have 60 and i have hundreds come weekly, i renember what they looked like when i rented them, and they are tested before catalauged.

feel free to stopp by my feild just abide by the rules.

#242 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

When people put a remote line on a speedball marker
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

#243 User is offline   904_flo 

• Teacher ask me what I want to be. I told her a ATM
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

I HATE PEOPLE SHOOTING WITH HOT MARKERS (ABOVE REGULATION FPS). WHATS THE POINT THE WHOLE MORAL OF THE GAME IS TO SHOOT EACH OTHER. WHY WOULD YOU GO OUT TO A FIELD WITH THE INTENTION TO DO ADDITIONAL DAMAGE TO ANOTHER PLAYER..
TIPPMANN TIPPMANN TIPPMANN.......NUFF SAID

#244 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

Typing in all capital letters gets me all riled up.

Honestly 99% of the hot shooting players do not mean to. Temps on the field change, paint swells, co2 pressures climb and lubricants thin out.
All of that leads to hot shooting guns. It should be upto the field owner and workers to periodically chrono during the day. It should also be encouraged for players to do so as well.
But they will only remember to check their chrono if the field mandates it. Talk to the field owner to help curb the hot guns during the day.

#245 User is offline   904_flo 

• Pip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

ALL GOOD POINTS BUT EVEN YOU JUST SAID THAT 99% OF HOT SHOOTERS DONT KNOW THEY ARE SHOOTING HOT. BUT ONE PERCENT STILL DO IT ON PURPOSE. EITHER WAY STILL NOT A GOOD LOOK.

GUYS WHO HAVE THERE PAINTBALL GUN SO FAR UP THEIR A## THEY NOTICE WHEN ANOTHER PERSON TYPES IN ALL CAPS ANT THEN GETS "RILED UP" :laugh:

#246 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hard not to notice the all caps. If you were in your family room talking w/ a couple of friends then I walked in & STARTED SCREAMING REALLY LOUD... you'd notice.

Welcome to the Forms 904. Glad you found us & hope you enjoy your time here. Read up on those rules, ignorance is not bliss. (Quick tip: don't dodge the swear filter, or else your time here will be abbreviated ;))
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#247 User is offline   904_flo 

• Pip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

WOW.DID NOT KNOW I TYPED WOULD BE A PROBLEM :laugh:

G.A.L.

#248 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

View Post904_flo, on 14 December 2010 - 11:46 AM, said:

WHO HAVE THERE PAINTBALL GUN SO FAR UP THEIR A## THEY NOTICE WHEN ANOTHER PERSON TYPES IN ALL CAPS ANT THEN GETS "RILED UP" :laugh:

Ger is right, specifically dodging the swear filter will realy be a bad thing for your membership here in the future. If you must resort to typing a swear word, then let our automated system change it for you.

I would hate to have to give you a warning or worse so soon after your coming here.

#249 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

Three things primarily piss me off:
1. wiper's... I've played many games where somebody wipes, not once, or even twice, but multiples. As an ambush sniper, I can't afford to take another shot, because that WILL give away my position. If I hit you fair and freak'n square, TAKE THE LOSS!
2. lack of care for one's own equipment, or people complaining about thier equipment not working when they don't care for it. I personally take the entire week previous, and post, to a game to open my guns, clean my equipment, polish the insides, take the equipment outback and fire a couple hundred shots through it. It's the best way to make sure when I go to the game I have a chance at kicking some butt. But when I go to play, people who have taken no initiative to make sure thier stuff is working seem to complain the loudest... even over people who complain about people who wipe. (like me)
3. People who brag about being awesome, and yet can never be found on a field. I'm not saying campers, campers are fair game. Once again, I'm an ambush/sniper, so that's fine. But when you get to the end of a game, and there's four people on the other team who didn't get out, three of them have dirt all over the place, empty pods, scuffed up boots, water all the way up thier knees from walking through the creek, or come out holding the flag. But ONE of them has 187 balls in his 200 round hopper, his knee's don't have a spec of dust on them, and his pod velcro is still freshly snapped together... PLAY THE GAME, don't rely on getting on a good team for your wins. or if you do this, do NOT brag in the other team's faces about being the winner.

#250 User is offline   Cobrakai 

• Very sneaky snake!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:NTEGRITY

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

Dude I know how you feel! My friends are master mooches! I've been suppyling kids with guns, air, paint, and tons of other K-rap for years!!! It sucks!
"God will judge my enemies, and I'll arrange the meetings."

#251 User is offline   Pale Rider 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:07 AM

I concur Sp.Ed. Everything you said should be made into a PAINTBALL BIBLE. Don't touch my crap unless I say you can. I'm always willing to help people out but at the same time it can be a bit too much if the same people are asking for the same stuff over and over. How about some field respect. I can't stand those cocky players, I don't care what you have to say just shut up and play the game. Don't tell me how to play the game either. And if I hear one more team or group of people talking about wiping I will lose my crap Hulk style. Did you know that in the Greg Hastings Paintball 2 that just came out he teaches how to wipe. Now I have played with and aganst Greg at Picasso Lake Paintball and it almost makes me second geuss him. Why would wiping be mentioned? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT DO NOT WIPE BE A GOOD SPORT ABOUT GETTING HIT EVEN IF IT IS BY A NEWBIE. That's my rant Pale Rider out...
HEAD SHOT!!

#252 User is offline   SparkySparks 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

I know this is an older post but as I am getting back into the game I thought I would chime in with some things I've noticed since coming back. I've learned to more or less deal with things and not let it get to me to much. I play with a group of close friends so I guess it is a little different in some ways.

I still have pet peeves and it comes down more to the old saying "treat others how you wish to be treated". I don't mind lending out my extra marker or giving someone paint if they run out in the middle of a fight. I also don't mind helping someone with questions or if they have an issue with their marker. I bring a set of tools, extra tanks, hoppers, pods and water encase anyone needs it. But I expect to be asked before someone just helps them self unless I already told them to help them self's. I also believe if you borrow something you should return it in as good if not better shape then it was when you borrowed it. I let a friend use my main marker as I was going to sit out that game and his marked messed up the game before. He came back and my marker was covered in paint, I was a little bad but just shrugged it off and started to wipe the paint. My friend made me stop and took the marker from me. He said he borrowed it, he would clean it off. He also filled the hopper back up after he whipped it off.

I hate cheaters, we played at a field a couple of weeks ago where a scenario was canceled so a lot of refs decided to jump in our game. We made friends with a few of them so we thought it would be cool to play with them. We soon found out that a handful of them felt that since they were refs and were friends with the people currently reffing the game that they could bend the rules. There were multiple times where I saw them get hit and the paint broke and they just whipped it off. One guy even asked me if it busted and I pointed out the two places he had hits, he just looked at me and then went back into the fight. At the end of the day we were talking to some of the other teams and they shared similar experiences.

Over cocky players and players who just brag or look down on others. One of the fields we often go to has a father and son team that show up an full speed-ball gear. They are good but they act like they are better then everyone else, the son more so then the dad. The son is maybe 12 or 13 and often bad mouths others. At the same field we saw one guy be asked to surrender (the field has a 20 foot surrender rule) by a kid with a rental and as the kid asked him to surrender he just lit the kid up (not sure if this should be under the cheaters or the cocky area), after the game the guy bragged about getting the kid out.

I have others but most have been covered multiple times and I just wanted to share some recent examples. Please everyone, new players or vets, just remember to treat others with respect.
First Lieutenant Greg "Rhino" Sparks - Texas Light Infantry

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users