• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Have 100$ To Spend Need a good mask! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

Instead of using the money I have right now for gun upgrades, I'd much rather upgrade from my old paintball mask, and get something much better.

The only thing I've been looking at was the V-force grills, but the Dye PRO looks pretty nice as well, any reccomendations?
Uncool People Deserve Power Too!
My Feedback

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

Grills man. You will thank me later. Grills are the best mask I have ever owned. Very comfortable, light, great bounces, never fogs, great breathing, looks awesome, and look cool no matter what.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

the Vents and e-vents are comfortable and easy to see out of.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#4 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Dec 25 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Grills man. You will thank me later. Grills are the best mask I have ever owned. Very comfortable, light, great bounces, never fogs, great breathing, looks awesome, and look cool no matter what.

Thanks, I know everyone is probably gonna say the same, but Im just wondering if there are any other decent masks out there.

The E-vents look pretty nice as well.
My Feedback

#5 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

i would go with the proflex
they have plenty of cover, super bouncy, really comfy, look great

the only think i don't like about them is that the lense is fairly hard to change
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#6 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

I feel grills are the best out there. There are great masks, but none can compete with grills. Sure, they are alot, but they are worth the price all the way. It is to easy to remove the lense. Just take the strap off and it comes right off. They have many different color schemes, many different lenses, and they are very common.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

#7 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

Do the grills have a thermal lens?
My Feedback

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Dec 25 2008, 09:11 PM, said:

I feel grills are the best out there. There are great masks, but none can compete with grills. Sure, they are alot, but they are worth the price all the way. It is to easy to remove the lense. Just take the strap off and it comes right off. They have many different color schemes, many different lenses, and they are very common.

I like the Profilers, they're the poor man's Grills. :P Also, the photochromatic lens is by far the best lens out there. Period.

They don't have a true thermal lens, but they have an excellent coating, they didn't fog on me when it was raining in MO. They got wet, but stayed clear.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#9 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

View PostAnarchaotical, on Dec 25 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

Do the grills have a thermal lens?

Yes. Single lense, but they are thermal. I've had them since June. I have played many times and it has never fogged on me. If I get splatter on the lense, all I do is take a paper towel or a normal towel and just rub it off. It comes off very nicely and is a breeze to clean.
Feedback

#10 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Kay, thanks.

What is the difference between the Grills and the e-Vents? They look almost identical to me.
My Feedback

#11 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

View PostAnarchaotical, on Dec 25 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

Kay, thanks.

What is the difference between the Grills and the e-Vents? They look almost identical to me.

Grills are made by V-force, and E-Vents are made by Vents for Empire.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker

#12 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

I was never a big fan of Grills. The jawline coverage is pretty minimal and I always felt they looked like they were trying to hard to put out an image. I like V-Force's Morph or Shield goggles better

I second Proflexes, or Flex7s if you want hard ear protection. They have a wide view dual pane lens, and are long known for being comfortable. They also have a strong reputation for being very easy to breath in. The face protection drops down a bit further rather than curving inward around the jawline. It gives a bit more protection while keeping the area around your mouth well ventilated.

The lens can be a bit difficult to take out since it works off the old style "mushroom cap" lock in system. It does get easier with use but is never a quick and easy as twist-lock systems. On the bright side it seals extremely well so you only really need to take the lens out when you get home and do a thorough cleaning.

This post has been edited by Piller: 25 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#13 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

I personally like my Profilers and the Grills I tried on because they felt a little more solid in the front than the Flex7's I tried. I felt that if I got hit in the face with those on it'd just whap me in the mouth. And I felt much too exposed with the e-Vents I tried on, I could get my lower lip below the bottom of the mask if I opened my mouth too far.

#14 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

So how is breathing in the Grills then?
Piller, I'll check out the Flex7s as well, see what those are like.
Taking the lens out won't be THAT big of a deal for me.
My Feedback

#15 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

View PostAnarchaotical, on Dec 25 2008, 10:35 PM, said:

So how is breathing in the Grills then?

Excellent. I love the breathing on them. Like I said before, I have never fogged up in my mask. I have played with 3000 people before, running around all over the place and I did not get once with them on. I love my grills, and you will love them as well.
Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users