• You cannot reply to this topic

Brass Eagle Raider Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dublin 

• Orange boxes?
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dublin

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

I use a Tippmann 98 that has a sniper barrel when I play woodsball. But I'm going to do a review on my very first marker, which is still used by my friends when we play.

BRASS EAGLE RAIDER

PRICE-10/10- With a price tag at only 40$ you have to give it a good rating.

APPERANCE-6/10- It is a dark blue color (comes in dark red also). Not the best for woodsball, but at least it's not bright red!

AVALIBLE MODS/UPGRADES-1/10- You cannot change the barrel on this marker, and you cant really change anything internally, so the only thing you can really upgrade is the hopper.

BUILD-8/10- Although it may be plastic, the Raider is built to take damage. It is also VERY easy to field strip.

SOUND-3/10- This may be the LOUDEST marker that I have ever seen!

CHOPPING/BALL BREAKAGE-7/10- The Raider doesnt chop balls that much, unless using a very low grade of paint.

VALUE-10/10- The kit the marker comes in also comes with A mask, 2 one-hundred round loaders, a hopper, a flag, and a barrel squegee for only 40$!!!! And this gun isn't sucky either. Before I got my 98. I LOVED THIS MARKER!!!

OVERALL RATING-8/10-(This is not an average)

This marker may be hard to find in stores, but you can find it in an online store.

#2 User is offline   GBones 

• strapped with gats when you were cuddle'n a cabbage patch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gbones

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:50 AM

lol I too own a Raider. I purchased it for $10 brand new in package from wally world. they had like 12 of them on clearance. i would have bought more but all my co-workers wanted one too. I do however disagree on a few points with you(sorry). here is how I would break it down according to your scale:

PRICE:10/10 (doesnt get much better than my measly $10)

APPEARANCE:4/10 its very bland IMO but the carbon fiber barrel is rad lookin'

AVAILABLE MODS: 1/10 as mentioned only the hopper is upgradeable

BUILD: 3/10 I give it a low because its mostly plastic and you cant even pull the barrel off for cleaning. BIG boo.. also the barrel on my particular gun was put on slightly crooked. but it is easy to pull out the internals. cleaning is a breeze.

SOUND: 4/10 its loud yeah

CHOPPING BALL: 2/10 I used WGP Domination, WGP Custom and Scorch in it and it broke a ton. didnt matter. but I found that it worked fine if I wasnt pulling the hell out of the trigger. All though it did continue to shoot about the same with paint in the barrel or not.

VALUE: 5/10 if your looking to get into PB and dont want to spend a grip then this is a good start.

OVERALL RATING: 4/10 Even though IMO its a poor performing gun, its price cant be beat and if taken care of and your careful about how fast you pull the trigger it will serve you just fine. I would have bought more if my co-workers hadnt seen them first.... (also not an average)
Tippmann M98C *sold*
Tippmann A5w/RT *sold*
Smart Parts Ion w/Q-lock,Hybrid rail,Hybrid ASA (work in progress...)
Planet Eclipse '05 EGO w/Virtue board *Traded*
Tippmann A5 (too much to list)
Tiberious Tac8 SOCOM (sidearm)

#3 User is offline   Brownies 

• ^hehe^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHILLIE SNIPER

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:33 PM

i would have to give this gun a 4/10, i have used it before (my uncle has two) and it chopped like every ten shots
IPB Image
yay! finally a sig that obeys the guidelines

#4 User is offline   ACSonwil 

• AC Sonwil
  • Pip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:28 PM

Its junk BUT it's well priced junk yes it brakes balls but only if your pulling the triger to fast LOL !!!
and the one I had is now shiny black looks good to

O hay try a electro hopper works better so my son says

#5 User is offline   Roguesniper1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Location:Under a Tree,Next to a bush,and has Crosshairs on ur head
  • Brigade Name:Ghille Snipers Association

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

View PostDublin, on Sep 20 2006, 04:36 PM, said:

I use a Tippmann 98 that has a sniper barrel when I play woodsball. But I'm going to do a review on my very first marker, which is still used by my friends when we play.

BRASS EAGLE RAIDER

PRICE-10/10- With a price tag at only 40$ you have to give it a good rating.

APPERANCE-6/10- It is a dark blue color (comes in dark red also). Not the best for woodsball, but at least it's not bright red!

AVALIBLE MODS/UPGRADES-1/10- You cannot change the barrel on this marker, and you cant really change anything internally, so the only thing you can really upgrade is the hopper.

BUILD-8/10- Although it may be plastic, the Raider is built to take damage. It is also VERY easy to field strip.

SOUND-3/10- This may be the LOUDEST marker that I have ever seen!

CHOPPING/BALL BREAKAGE-7/10- The Raider doesnt chop balls that much, unless using a very low grade of paint.

VALUE-10/10- The kit the marker comes in also comes with A mask, 2 one-hundred round loaders, a hopper, a flag, and a barrel squegee for only 40$!!!! And this gun isn't sucky either. Before I got my 98. I LOVED THIS MARKER!!!

OVERALL RATING-8/10-(This is not an average)

This marker may be hard to find in stores, but you can find it in an online store.

Hah, I got mine from Walmart for $20! ;)
(+)RS1_GSA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users