Special Ops Paintball: The Ignorence Of Some... - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Ignorence Of Some... A speedball/woodsball thread. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PaintGuido 

  • Holding open doors since '99
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 28-August 07
  • Location:Proudly Canadian
  • Brigade Name:N/A

Post icon  Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

My friend recently got into paintball, and having played w/ me, he was interested in getting a gun like mine (SP-8, but closer to an SP-1). However, another [speedballer] guy came along later that month and gave my friend his opinion, totally dissing my gun and telling him to go with a DM7. Why does everyone have to be so biased towards firepower and not recognise the benifits of certain markers? It really sucks when this happens, and I die alittle on the inside when firepower / "longer barrels make you a sniper" theories take over the newbies decisions. But hey, what can you do? ;)
0

#2 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

  • 18 Zulu - Operations Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 203
  • Joined: 26-October 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Brigade Name:ODA-271

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

View PostPaintGuido, on Nov 19 2007, 05:44 PM, said:

My friend recently got into paintball, and having played w/ me, he was interested in getting a gun like mine (SP-8, but closer to an SP-1). However, another [speedballer] guy came along later that month and gave my friend his opinion, totally dissing my gun and telling him to go with a DM7. Why does everyone have to be so biased towards firepower and not recognise the benifits of certain markers? It really sucks when this happens, and I die alittle on the inside when firepower / "longer barrels make you a sniper" theories take over the newbies decisions. But hey, what can you do? :(


Well you can only inform people based on your experience. Sounds like you were a fan of one gun and recommended it... while the other guy was a fan of his gun and recommended it. Can't blame him for that. I'm personally not a fan of either having no experience with them... but whatever your friend goes with will be the product of what other people tell him or what he gets to try out.

As for the firepower/longer barrel sniper thing... those people are idiots. Sniping is an art... and takes a certain type of player. Having JUST a longer barrel doesn't make you one. Firepower DEFINITELY doesn't make you a sniper.
Operational Detachment Alpha - 271
Colorado Scenario Paintball Team
0

#3 Guest_Stat Boy_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

I'm sure your friend doesn't have 1400 bucks lieing around, so you won't have to worry about him getting a DM7.
0

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

View PostPaintGuido, on Nov 19 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

My friend recently got into paintball, and having played w/ me, he was interested in getting a gun like mine (SP-8, but closer to an SP-1). However, another [speedballer] guy came along later that month and gave my friend his opinion, totally dissing my gun and telling him to go with a DM7. Why does everyone have to be so biased towards firepower and not recognise the benifits of certain markers?


Firepower wise, the SP8 and the DM7 are not significantly different. That's just being a Dye fanboy.

I don't care much for the SP8 myself, but I also don't care much for the DM series. If he's interested in the SP1, great for him.

Quote

It really sucks when this happens, and I die alittle on the inside when firepower / "longer barrels make you a sniper" theories take over the newbies decisions. But hey, what can you do? :(


You educate when people ask. Intelligent people who want to join the sport will ask questions. Don't brush them off as "newbies," don't blast them for not searching the forum, just answer the question.

The people that fall prey to the myths of paintball are just plain uneducated, and most who listen to it without hearing from a more experienced player will probably not listen to your education attempt anyway. They'll learn pretty soon by their own experience.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#5 User is offline   PaintGuido 

  • Holding open doors since '99
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 28-August 07
  • Location:Proudly Canadian
  • Brigade Name:N/A

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

Ya, I see what you mean about that stuff, but at my age, your stuff is your status, ect (I, know the gun doesn't make the player, but I'm talking about outlook). So, naturally, I kind of have to be a little upset.

BTW my friend just spent his 1400 on argyles and deity bars for his flow DJ.

This post has been edited by PaintGuido: 19 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

0

#6 User is offline   French 

  • Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,333
  • Joined: 05-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississauga.ont CANADA
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

View PostPaintGuido, on Nov 19 2007, 05:10 PM, said:

Ya, I see what you mean about that stuff, but at my age, your stuff is your status, ect (I, know the gun doesn't make the player, but I'm talking about outlook). So, naturally, I kind of have to be a little upset.

BTW my friend just spent his 1400 on argyles and deity bars for his flow DJ.

???


pretty much fan boy
i like dp , AKA , cocker , AGD, Ego , timmy , and a alot more but when someone ask me what marker is a good marker to start a ask him how much money do you have ,do you run or hpa , do you like to shot fast all sort of question like that to make sure he get he right marker
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback
0

#7 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

  • always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,381
  • Joined: 06-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

Personally, I'd never suggest a new player go Smart parts. I'd have to side with Dye, but they're way too expensive for the average new player. I can understand him dissing your opinion though, which is lame. Personally though, I can't see one thing the SP-8 does better than anything Dye, unless you like milsim markers that much. It's big and bulky. But if you like it, more power to you I guess.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback
0

#8 User is offline   DVLCHLD 

  • Grenade/Tripmine/Landmine specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,686
  • Joined: 08-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Farmersville, TX
  • Brigade Name:DVLCHLD

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

View PostStealingYerMail, on Nov 19 2007, 10:01 PM, said:

I can understand him dissing your opinion though, which is lame.
Wow. Was that really neccessary? He said his friend had seen him using his marker and wanted one like it. He didn't even say he suggested that his friend get one like his. But you feel the need to tell him how lame he is because you don't like the marker he uses? This is the very problem he's talking about. You can suggest a marker without trashing other options.

This post has been edited by DVLCHLD: 19 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

0

#9 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

  • always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,381
  • Joined: 06-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

View PostDVLCHLD, on Nov 19 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostStealingYerMail, on Nov 19 2007, 10:01 PM, said:

I can understand him dissing your opinion though, which is lame.
Wow. Was that really neccessary? He said his friend had seen him using his marker and wanted one like it. He didn't even say he suggested that his friend get one like his. But you feel the need to tell him how lame he is because you don't like the marker he uses? This is the very problem he's talking about. You can suggest a marker without trashing other options.

I meant that the guy with the Dye marker was an butt for dissing his opinion and the SP-8. I read my post after I posted it and figured it wasn't clear enough, but didn't bother to actually edit that. My apologies.

Like I said, I didn't mean it against the OP, it's just worded poorly. I was talking bad about the guy with the Dye marker.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 19 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback
0

#10 User is offline   DVLCHLD 

  • Grenade/Tripmine/Landmine specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,686
  • Joined: 08-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Farmersville, TX
  • Brigade Name:DVLCHLD

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

View PostStealingYerMail, on Nov 19 2007, 10:35 PM, said:

View PostDVLCHLD, on Nov 19 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostStealingYerMail, on Nov 19 2007, 10:01 PM, said:

I can understand him dissing your opinion though, which is lame.
Wow. Was that really neccessary? He said his friend had seen him using his marker and wanted one like it. He didn't even say he suggested that his friend get one like his. But you feel the need to tell him how lame he is because you don't like the marker he uses? This is the very problem he's talking about. You can suggest a marker without trashing other options.

I meant that the guy with the Dye marker was an butt for dissing his opinion and the SP-8. I read my post after I posted it and figured it wasn't clear enough, but didn't bother to actually edit that. My apologies.

Like I said, I didn't mean it against the OP, it's just worded poorly. I was talking bad about the guy with the Dye marker.

Cool, :huh: :D I thought you were being a big meanie.
0

#11 User is offline   Piller 

  • Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 23-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Within range
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it makes them look ignorant.

The best you can do is enlighten others with what you believe is right despite what other's try to push on people.

This post has been edited by Piller: 19 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."
0

#12 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,686
  • Joined: 08-October 06
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

True, but it's neither nice nor proper to insult someone for their opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion no matter how stupid it sounds to you, you know?

People will always make their own decisions based upon the opinions they form. The best thing, both for you and them, is to provide accurate information and allow them to make their own decision. Attempt to convince them of your own opinion if you must, but don't expect to make a whole lot of headway.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)
0

#13 User is offline   AaronC 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,900
  • Joined: 30-July 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:07 AM

He isn't the first guy to diss an SP-8 I wouldn't take it too hard.
0

#14 User is offline   W.C.D 

  • EndGame
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 29-June 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Keswick , Ontario, Canada
  • Brigade Name:EndGame

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

Some people lure themselves into a false sense of security, thinking that longer barrels make them a sniper. A sniper in paintball, really doesnt have too much to do with "sniping".. its an art. as already said, using your camo effectively. speedballers are jerks usually anyways about their own guns. take it with a grain of salt..
Captain - Shockwave [Canada]
Sponsored by: Save Phace, Northern Reptile, Yeswedoo.com, Pulsars
Shockwave Official Website
0

#15 User is offline   Ravenlord 

  • I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 885
  • Joined: 16-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

Well I can't say that I like the SP8 but I can't say that I would dis it because i don't like them. I would sugest that one buy a SP1, a Tippmann, an AUTOMAG! I really do not see a point in telling someone that that gun sucks so do not buy it. I tell people this gun has these features and is this that and the other thing. Not that one sucks and this one is awesome 7331 so buy the 7331 one.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users