Is the auto cock II worth it? Should I buy it?
Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:39 PM
the auto cock 2 is a good buy and a cheap upgrade. and if you ever end up playing in sand its good to be prepaired. it also makes your gun extremely quiet
Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:45 PM
If so, I'd say... possibly maybe,
Sand is really no problem for a tippmann. It won't stop it from running. Worst I've seen is a BT front bolt getting really scratched up (how sand got in there, I don't know). I play at a fairly sandy field, and they use rental 98s, there extremely dirty/sandy.
It won't make your marker extrememely quiet, as no tippmann will ever really be quiet, but it will make it a bit quieter.
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:58 PM
The sound muffling is minimal, and simply put a 98 custom will rarely be considered a quiet marker. It will not make a significant difference.
In my opinion it is only worth what you pay if you currently have a problem with dirt getting inside your marker and causing it to malfunction.
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."
Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:15 PM
Plus leaving the Slot open, makes it easier to Lube the Rear Bolt and the Internal Walls.
But if you want to get the Rocket Cock, thats entirely up to you, if you feel that it will help.
Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:28 PM
Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:39 PM
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.
Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:38 AM
Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:37 PM
2. It does NOT add any time or effort to cleaning.
3. It DOES keep dirt, sand, paint, ect out of there, reducing cleaning time.
1. It doesn't make it any quieter, 99% of the sound in a 98C comes out of the barrel and breach. Also, if you keep it properly lubed, the bolt doesn't make that much noise anyway (comparitively).
2. It is held on by 2 bolts that are there anyway. They are just replaced by two slightly longer ones.
3. It does what it is designed to do, and does it well. Only get the composite one though, as its job is not worth the price of the alluminum.
Also, if you have ever been hit by the bolt cycling back, you know it hurts, for lack of forum legal word, a lot. That is impossible with it on the marker. I personally think the marker as a whole looks alot better.
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious