Special Ops Paintball: I NEED HELP!!! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I NEED HELP!!! Anyone smart with computers...? Having Virus problems... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lexy1636 

• Once a newb, Always a newb... At least for me!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yea... My nana went on Myspace, and now all of a sudden i have multiple viruses on my computer, I tried restoring it, and I dont have an antivirus software because Comcast didn't put it on my computer... so yea... anyone have an idea? Maybe before my computer goes explody?
As we set forth in the world, we see all the wonders that it has in store. We never doubt the truth it lays out in front of us; we never doubt the opportunities it offers. We all seem to go foward on our own journey waiting what the world is willing to give. Never do we look back and regret things that could have been prevented. We move on and continue life knowing that we tried our hardest to get through the years with our best intentions in heart. This is now, that was then, the future will soon come, and we will be prepared.

#2 User is offline   jolly giant 

• d(-_-)b
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jolly giant

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

you could go out and get an antivirus. or could format your computer either way i would suggest buying an antivirus starting your computer in safe mode and install it run a scan and that should solve it. i would suggest nod or mcafee for antivirus ones i wouldnt norton avg.

#3 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Go to this page.

Click "Continue to Symantec Security Check."

A new window will pop up, giving you the option of a Security Scan and Virus Detection. Run both.

I would recommend you purchase Webroot Spysweeper, and North Systemworks and Norton Firewall. That is what we use. To deal with the viruses, you're probably looking at a wipe and reload, or using Microsoft Windows System Restore, to return your HDD (hard disk drive) to the state that it was in before the infection.

One more thing:

Keep nana off the computer. :laugh:
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#4 User is offline   lexy1636 

• Once a newb, Always a newb... At least for me!
  • PipPip

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

View PostAshrak, on Nov 20 2008, 07:11 PM, said:

Go to this page.

Click "Continue to Symantec Security Check."

A new window will pop up, giving you the option of a Security Scan and Virus Detection. Run both.

I would recommend you purchase Webroot Spysweeper, and North Systemworks and Norton Firewall. That is what we use. To deal with the viruses, you're probably looking at a wipe and reload, or using Microsoft Windows System Restore, to return your HDD (hard disk drive) to the state that it was in before the infection.

One more thing:

Keep nana off the computer. :(

I did try to restore the computer but it didn't give me a date to restore it on before the infection started. And i cleaned my computer but it didn't get rid of it. I figured i need to get an anti virus software but Its not me that needs to buy it, its nana and she thinks that its not going to do anything.... :laugh: So yea... i am trying to find a alternative. I did scan my computer and i have many viruses, but nothing i have put on as a detector... well it justs detects it... doesn't get rid of it...
As we set forth in the world, we see all the wonders that it has in store. We never doubt the truth it lays out in front of us; we never doubt the opportunities it offers. We all seem to go foward on our own journey waiting what the world is willing to give. Never do we look back and regret things that could have been prevented. We move on and continue life knowing that we tried our hardest to get through the years with our best intentions in heart. This is now, that was then, the future will soon come, and we will be prepared.

#5 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Well, you're looking at writing the drive to zeros, and then reloading all relevant software in all probability. I would have that done by a computer tech at a computer supply store rather than going through phone tech support.

And yes, an investment in anti-virus software is very worthwhile, as is an investment in anti-spyware software. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Anti-virus software is like a cup in hockey. A waste of money until you need it. Then it's a fine investment.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

Here Lexy. Download the trial version. It's good for 15 days. Norton 360

#8 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

I use Avast! and it works great, it's free too. I've never had any issues whatsoever.

http://avast.com/

#9 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

i use SpyBot and AVG.....both free and have never given me a problem

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users