• You cannot reply to this topic

splatmaster just got one Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

so...i got a splatmaster of ebay the other day...and after a day of play, it shoots great! I would post pics, but my computer says all the pics are 26 mb :rolleyes: . So once i figure out how to fix this problem, I'll get some pics posted up.
My main problem is how do i clean it? It's got no orings inside, so do i need to do that at all? Basically, I know nothing about it and want to know. How do I take it apart? Do springs go flying? What goes where? If someone has pics or a link to a guide, can you please post it? meanwhile, it's just gonna sit in the box waiting for me to clean it.
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

unscrew all the screws on the side, then slide off the plastic 8-ring on the muzzle. It may be glued on, take a knife and wedge it in between the body and the ring, then pop the shells apart. watch out for the spring under the trigger. It's really tiny, it won't go flying if you're careful, but watch out for it.

Other than that, oil the crossbar that connects the plunger to the barrel, the outside of the barrel, put a ring around the frontmost part of the plunger, and put a little oil on the "bolt".

Other than that, the only advice I can give to you is to get close. Really close.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:00 AM

View Postlethalpanther, on Nov 9 2008, 01:45 AM, said:

so...i got a splatmaster of ebay the other day...and after a day of play, it shoots great! I would post pics, but my computer says all the pics are 26 mb :panzer: . So once i figure out how to fix this problem, I'll get some pics posted up.
My main problem is how do i clean it? It's got no orings inside, so do i need to do that at all? Basically, I know nothing about it and want to know. How do I take it apart? Do springs go flying? What goes where? If someone has pics or a link to a guide, can you please post it? meanwhile, it's just gonna sit in the box waiting for me to clean it.

http://www.splatmaster.net/

The manual

#4 User is offline   Chefdave 

• Karate Monkey Deathcar
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:37 AM

No need to disassemble it unless you have to. Just put a few drops of oil on the pierce pin before you put a 12 gram in.

You can clean the gun with just hot water. Pretty simple really.

#5 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

also check out this page. Some good info here.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker

#6 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

alright cool. thanks guys. BTW the main spring is almost completely rusted what do you recommend? I'm thinking wd-40
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#7 User is offline   Chefdave 

• Karate Monkey Deathcar
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

View Postlethalpanther, on Nov 9 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

alright cool. thanks guys. BTW the main spring is almost completely rusted what do you recommend? I'm thinking wd-40

NO! WD-40 is NOT a lubricant.

Use air tool oil or paintball specific oil.

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

go to ACE hardware, find a shiny new spring that's the same length/diameter, or one that's even longer if you need some extra velocity.

#9 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

alright...ill get out to the store some time.....

#10 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

View PostChefdave, on Nov 9 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

View Postlethalpanther, on Nov 9 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

NO! WD-40 is NOT a lubricant.

Use air tool oil or paintball specific oil.

I think he was meaning as a way to clean it, not lube it.
And as sparta said, go pick up some new springs, I'm sure they're worn out, and will need replacing anyways.

#11 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

Soak the spring in penitrating oil for a couple day then wire brush it off. Good to go!

#12 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:39 AM

Vinegar works great, too, as does CLR. Just need to give it a baking-soda bath when you're done so it doesn't rust more from the acidity as soon as you pull it out.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#13 User is offline   Chefdave 

• Karate Monkey Deathcar
  • PipPip

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

Coca-Cola actually does a great job of taking off rust.

I'd just go down to the local hardware store though and find a new spring as was previously suggested.

#14 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostChefdave, on Nov 9 2008, 07:37 AM, said:

No need to disassemble it unless you have to. Just put a few drops of oil on the pierce pin before you put a 12 gram in.

You can clean the gun with just hot water. Pretty simple really.

you mean just pour it all over the gun and down the barrel?

#15 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

pretty much, yeah, the majority of the gun is plastic.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users