Special Ops Paintball: Getting back into the game - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting back into the game or have things got a little less pricey? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

So a long time ago I used these forums a lot. Paintball was what i loved and was a sole obsession of mine. I played whenever I got money, tried my hand at reffing, owned almost every gun under the sun, and got into fights with the moderators about threads that in retrospect where kind of pointless. You guys remember that thread. So eventually I stopped, you can see when my posts died off that is when I just left. But as of recent I met some people who heard I liked paintball a while back and we all decided to have some fun at a nice field. The problem is all of my stuff is gone/sold. I remember paintball used to cost a good amount of money, but after the 2008 economic problems, is it any better? If i go out and buy a tippman a5/98c(they still make those right?) and buy some anti fog goggles, it shouldnt be too bad? I ask because going on actionvillage now looks so different. Even this webpage looks really different.

For those of you who remember me, i used to love high end paintball guns. Now however I would prefer something a little (well in my case a lot) less expensive and just as reliable.

Thanks for reading.

Also on an unrelated paintball note. Remember the ep vs mechanical gun wars on these forums? Those were fun.

Gwac

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

Welcome back Bro.

Buy used. Market is perfect for it. Everyone is selling under or near what they are worth cause we are all poor and need to sell in this economy. Buyers market. Only thing I'd buy new is a mask. Tippys are plentiful so no need to pay top dollar for new when one with mods is the same price.

Dont use action village. They went under and i think were bought out. I do remember them going bye bye mid last year. I mean new management might be OK. But it isn't the same place.

Glad to see you back. Always happy to see a friendly face/name.

Sent from my Microwave using Tapatalk and super heated water molecules
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

Yes...buy used.

Perhaps with your prior paintball knowledge you can keep from maqking the rookie mistakes that lead to the need for repairs however.

A Tippmann would be quite inexpensive to purchase and play with periodically. But if you are getting back in the sport and have used all the great choices out there you should decide on what you really want and look for it. I have sen some amazing steals for very good high quality guns over the last couple years.
A little bit of patients and searching could yeild you a far better performer than that of the A5/98.

I geuss I am biased...I have always had a solid high end gun of one kind or another in my collection since 2000.
Hard to go back to a Tippmann after shooting something hand built....

Glad to see you are back. Now go show some rookie how it's done....and by show I really do mean it! Share your experience with new players, that kinda involvement really helps build the sport.

#4 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Wow...another blast from the past. Nice to hear you're back in the game. :tup:

#5 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

The resurection continues, soon all paintballers will be zombies.

WB and I guess the rumors are to buy used.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#6 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostGwac, on 31 January 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

So a long time ago I used these forums a lot. Paintball was what i loved and was a sole obsession of mine. I played whenever I got money, tried my hand at reffing, owned almost every gun under the sun, and got into fights with the moderators about threads that in retrospect where kind of pointless. You guys remember that thread. So eventually I stopped, you can see when my posts died off that is when I just left. But as of recent I met some people who heard I liked paintball a while back and we all decided to have some fun at a nice field. The problem is all of my stuff is gone/sold. I remember paintball used to cost a good amount of money, but after the 2008 economic problems, is it any better? If i go out and buy a tippman a5/98c(they still make those right?) and buy some anti fog goggles, it shouldnt be too bad? I ask because going on actionvillage now looks so different. Even this webpage looks really different.

For those of you who remember me, i used to love high end paintball guns. Now however I would prefer something a little (well in my case a lot) less expensive and just as reliable.

Thanks for reading.

Also on an unrelated paintball note. Remember the ep vs mechanical gun wars on these forums? Those were fun.

Gwac

Hey hey good to hear youre coming back into the game. Buying used is a good choice, something that I like to do rather than buying new.

As are as guns go, tippmanns are easy to come buy, and are dirt cheap. But if you have a little more money, I would suggest looking into getting azodin or gog, preferably gog. The gog extcy and envy are perfect entry level electro markers.

Make sure to look around a lot, you never know what steals you are able to find. A buddy of mine got a Dm9 w/ ups for 250 cause he waited around. Hope you find something you like!
04 RX8 is my baby

#7 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Welcome back.

First, I'll echo everyone else and say go used if you can. you'll get a lot more for your money. I started periodically crawling BSTs and eBay just to see if something I was really interested turned up. I have my main gear and I can't really justify more, but you never know what stuff you can find these days.

Masks: buy quality, buy new. I would generally recommend vforce or the empire/invert masks, but jt makes good options too. I just like the ease of lens removal on vforce or empire masks compared to jt masks.

I really wouldn't buy a tippmann unless you were dead set on one. If you want the blowback design, look at BT-4s which are, IMO, far superior to the 98s as far as blowbacks go.

Other than that, if you can get hpa in your area, I'd advise towards something with better performance than a blowback. Automags are a solid choice (x-valved mags need hpa, others can run co2 as well). There are plenty of previous years models of electros in whatever flavor you prefer.
Member of Team Akkadian

#8 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hey gw. Good to see ya. How will you manage a return with Angel gone. :o

#9 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 01 February 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

Hey gw. Good to see ya. How will you manage a return with Angel gone. :o

This makes me sad, I love angel. :(
04 RX8 is my baby

#10 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I found some friends who want to head out and I will check the used gun market. Where do you guys check? Ebay? Amazon? Local stores?

#11 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostGwac, on 09 February 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice guys. I found some friends who want to head out and I will check the used gun market. Where do you guys check? Ebay? Amazon? Local stores?

I check on forums and ebay mostly. I dont have any shops where i am at to find a decent marker.
04 RX8 is my baby

#12 User is offline   Professer Evil 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Professer Evil

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

OP, I'm you, but with "low" end guns. I'm getting back into it and I'm making my own outlaw field. I kept my favorite 98c, with the reversed asa and short barrel, perfect for Dagger. I need to get back into pump.

#13 User is offline   NeverNamed068 

• Eddie!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:*Shotgun*

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Looks like I was in some account I didn't use as much, hmm. Professer Evil, that's not even correct spelling... Anyway, in MI the wx has been fantastic. I got a chance to get 3 other friends to play paintball on the field I've been working on. Knew I had to get back into the sport. I'm glad I decided this in the beginning of the season.

#14 User is offline   Chubbs77 

• Im Bear. Bear Rip your Face.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Turrettmann

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

I myself am excited to get back into the sport. Local field is opening up less than a mile away. Last regulated paintball presence in this area closed 10+ years ago. Pulled out my old Pilot ACS and cleaned the hell out it. Im ready to get some killshots in :).

#15 User is offline   NeverNamed068 

• Eddie!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:*Shotgun*

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Wow, FS rounds have gotten a lot cheaper. That's actually almost practical now.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users