• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#1141 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

ive been thinking j&j ceramic elite, it comes with a lot of stuff for only 109, good mix of smallers sizes included.

i got some invites out on the facebook event deal, i sent out probly 40+ invites so we'll see what happens.
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#1142 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

To anyone looking to buy a new tank I found this... Crossfire is clearing out some older tanks...Looks to be some good deals... http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3224817
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#1143 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

Gentlemen,

I had mentioned a game this Saturday in Newark; that game is canceled due to the field we usually use being unavailable... Sorry guys! As soon as I get my first million I am going to buy a huge chunk of land with a big creek flowing through it. Lots of old growth woods on both sides of the stream. On this creek will be one or two nice bridges for scenario games... Until this day, we must depend on others for land... Oh, well... sigh.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#1144 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Sad news indeed Shadowjackal. :(

Thanks again for that great pic from Battlefront. It turned out rather well considering those who were in it. :P
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#1145 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

I'm a BF regular & agree on the stacked team "complaint" about the Enemy game - even though I was red :P. There was an abundance of organized teams on the Russian side, most times the field can't do anything about it because they do pre-registration. They have in the past closed registration for one side if the pre-reg numbers are off balance, in this case they weren't. Most games though that have more people in attendance seem to have the teams spread out a bit like Frodo (I think) mentioned - this was a bit of an anomaly. As far as ignoring boundaries during the river crossing... atleast on the left side where I was, we behaved ourselves best I could tell. I yelled at a few guys trying to cross far left & a ref (Ivan, w/ dreads) came over & stopped them. But I stood right at our left tape line on a mound w/ trees & our first guys across went right underneath me then pushed up left, all within the boundary. FWIW.

I was walking off the field to get paint/air during the game at Enemy and noticed two guys wearing vests, both had the "Shadowjackel" name tag on them. I didn't stop either of them at the time because it didn't register until I turned around & saw one of them w/ a "Christian Paintball.com" headwrap, they were past me by 20' & I didn't want to hold them up from getting to their respawn. I looked around after to see if I could find the vests again but didn't. Sorry I missed meeting some of you guys.

Next event you guys plan on attending let me know so I can look for you ahead of time.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#1146 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

ger,

I should have thought to look for you as well since I remember you went to Battlefront's World at War scenario when Scoobshagg and I went. We did have two Shadowjackal's for Stalingrad since he had a friend who used his second vest. I had "Bandit" on my vest along with camo applied to my i4. I remember the beginning of the Volga battle (our group was in the field facing your left flank) and seeing a group of red go far to our right (your left) looking for a way around the river and than they turned back. So thank you for that but on my far left, on my 2nd insert, is where the rules were being bent. But water under the bridge as it was still a fun time. Next time we will let you know ahead of time when a part of our group attends.

Happy hunting this winter,

Frodo
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#1147 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

View PostAsphyxiateHeart, on Nov 1 2009, 09:31 PM, said:

Another note here from us electro's...

Luke has requested this game be semi-auto only...Now...I don't think there's an electro among us...Except Tyler and Young Matt from what they've told me...who uses anything other than semi-auto...Our triggers are really just that light and they are...(empower Justin a bit) mouse-click like...So...I havn't talked to Luke, but how about we electro's cap our fire at about twelve balls a second? (or ten or fifteen or whatever is a good consensus)...to make it "fair"...I say leave the Tippmann's to fire at full-auto...I think Luke's trying to implement something to help the group that has only been hurting...In our favor...When he wanted to handicap us a bit...So...Does this sound good to everyone? And then if Tippmann guns want to play full auto or semi that is fine as well...Let's get a group idea and talk to Luke about it. Thanks guys!

I think a ROF cap based on new NPPL guidelines would be good - 10 BPS sounds like a good number. The intent is to limit ROF to make the game more fun for everyone - especially the inexperienced who may be intimidated by full auto or burst fire at 15-20 BPS. I think the 10 BPS rule should be the overriding factor and we should let full auto, burst or semi as long as it is capped at that. I don't know if you electro guys are using ramping features on your 'guns but I think that this should stop too. Although bursts of semi-auto fire at over 12 BPS is possible, no one can sustain that ROF legitimately through an entire hopper without some extra help - at least that has been from my observations and knowledge gained from second hand reports of electro play.
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#1148 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

View PostFrodo, on Nov 2 2009, 07:29 AM, said:

JKR's thinking: "We should just have pump only games and not mess with this bps crap..."

Well, I would like to have the occasional pump only game - definitely. However, my Automag would get lonely if that is all we did!

Now a mechanical only rule...that might be kinda fun! :P
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

#1149 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

I think a ROF cap based on new NPPL guidelines would be good - 10 BPS sounds like a good number. The intent is to limit ROF to make the game more fun for everyone - especially the inexperienced who may be intimidated by full auto or burst fire at 15-20 BPS. I think the 10 BPS rule should be the overriding factor and we should let full auto, burst or semi as long as it is capped at that. I don't know if you electro guys are using ramping features on your 'guns but I think that this should stop too. Although bursts of semi-auto fire at over 12 BPS is possible, no one can sustain that ROF legitimately through an entire hopper without some extra help - at least that has been from my observations and knowledge gained from second hand reports of electro play.

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#1150 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

Damn brigade...I posted out a whole long topic and it only posted from what I quoted of your post...

I'll summarize...

Electros...-WE DO NOT USE RAMPING, FULL-AUTO, THREE-ROUND BURST...We DO use SEMI-AUTO.

Young Matt cheats, only exception.

Shooting PURE semi-auto I can hit 25bps steady...I can hit up to 28...While moving I can sustain a speed above 18 consistently.

I don't understand your view now that the outdated guns can go full auto and the electros cap. I can shoot faster than 10bps on a Tippmann 98...With us at 10 bps and Tippmann's at semi they can shoot faster, they will have the speed advantage. What more do they need?

Damn Tippmann's complicate everything.

#1151 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

View PostAsphyxiateHeart, on Nov 7 2009, 01:18 AM, said:

Damn brigade...I posted out a whole long topic and it only posted from what I quoted of your post...

I'll summarize...

Electros...-WE DO NOT USE RAMPING, FULL-AUTO, THREE-ROUND BURST...We DO use SEMI-AUTO.

Young Matt cheats, only exception.

Shooting PURE semi-auto I can hit 25bps steady...I can hit up to 28...While moving I can sustain a speed above 18 consistently.

I don't understand your view now that the outdated guns can go full auto and the electros cap. I can shoot faster than 10bps on a Tippmann 98...With us at 10 bps and Tippmann's at semi they can shoot faster, they will have the speed advantage. What more do they need?

Damn Tippmann's complicate everything.

No offense Andrew, but you will have to prove both of your above claims.

I don't think anyone can sustain over 10 BPS on a Tippmann on semi only - triggers are just too long for that.

As for your claim to 18-25 sustained BPS, I refer you to this AO post a few years back. Someone put up money to see what ROF the human finger was capable of. The fastest sustained video submitted, which was Goldwave sound tested, was 15.8 BPS.

Allegedly there was also a contest at PB Nation some years back to find anyone who could legitimately sustain 15 BPS with a payout that I am told was $1000. I haven't searched for that thread but I did find the AO thread...

AO ROF contest

Although now almost two years old, there was an excellent thread at mcarterbrown.com discussing ROF issues. If you can read through all 21 pages of it, you can find some pearls of so-called "wisdom" from yours truly...

PSP BPS cap

This post has been edited by JKR: 07 November 2009 - 05:32 AM

AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#1152 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:15 AM

By the way Andrew, I am not calling you a liar with that post. Just pointing out that actual, sustained BPS is different than spikes recorded by 'gun software which can't be considered as something sustainable. Perception often changes when actual measurement has begun. Not trying to start a war or anything and I don't expect a sound test to confirm either!

I might have to retract my allegation that over 12 BPS in semi isn't sustainable, however. Given that the winner of the AO contest was at 15.8 BPS sustained I might have to eat crow on that comment!

I quickly looked but haven't found it yet - there was an online ROF thing that I tried once. You had like ten seconds and your ROF on the mouse button was tallied. It was pretty fun and put ROF into perspective for me...wish I could find that thing (if it still exists out there in cyberspace). If I recall, I believe I topped out at about 14 or 15 BPS on that. Granted it was your mouse button and not a trigger and having real paint to shoot changes things...but still it was fun!

This post has been edited by JKR: 07 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#1153 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:16 AM

This isn't the ROF thing that I had from before as it was timed, but this one is kinda neat nonetheless...

paintball ROF
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#1154 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:33 AM

Half of what I typed...All of what I typed last night was under rage...Mostly rage due to sleep deprivation as I posted that after 3am...I will review what I spoke at a later time and adjust accordingly...currently...forget I said anything.

#1155 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

trigger bounce is also something you have to factor in, any electronic switch has an amount of bounce, a feed back of electricity which can cause it to activate again, most guns have adjustments to change the amount of bounce your trigger has. most electros have micro switches that run off a very low voltage where it wouldnt take much to make them bounce. some guns have an optical switch like my karni but they will still bounce.

This post has been edited by shalehillslayer: 07 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users