dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#17 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:11 PM

View PostAussie_bloke, on Dec 10 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

im guessing it would depend on your environment, ive played in thick jungle here in australia in my fusions and everyone thought i was in a ghillie suit.

for my local field which is a dry dusty with scattered green environment yes omnipat works much much better

we played at another field with denser greenery but still with dry patches and dry pine through it on sunday and omnipats worked a treat out there

So it could work, say in the green of a US forest? And still work in the fall with the scrubs?

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#18 User is offline   oldguny 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

Looked at the pics..........looks like it can! Yay!!!!! :laugh:

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#19 User is offline   MOCA 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:STEALTH LINE

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:12 AM

I would love to play at your field Aussie. It looks a lot bigger than the small wood forests up here in Virginia. And for the OMNIPAT all I do is hide behind stuff that is green and it is very hard to spot me. :panzer:
-MOCA :panzer:

MOCA motto- Silentium Trucidat "Silence Kills". Originator of MOCA Masters Of Camouflage and Ambush
SL-68 II Robin Hood Pumper

#20 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:33 AM

Hey Aussie I picked up a pair of the omnipat fusions for Christmas and I like what you did with the drawstring&toggle mod. was wondering if you had worked it for the Fusions too, and if so your process, I'd like to try it on mine, but would like to have some idea as to what the hell I'm doing beofre I took a knife to my pants they're pricy!!
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#21 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:46 AM

View PostGalihad, on Dec 30 2007, 01:33 AM, said:

Hey Aussie I picked up a pair of the omnipat fusions for Christmas and I like what you did with the drawstring&toggle mod. was wondering if you had worked it for the Fusions too, and if so your process, I'd like to try it on mine, but would like to have some idea as to what the hell I'm doing beofre I took a knife to my pants they're pricy!!

its pretty easy mate, go into a local store...i went to the local disposal and picked up from elastic cord and the toggles, and pinned one end to back of the pants and looped it around to the other side......i then worked out how much excess i wanted then pinned it to the back..........cut it and then mirrored the length for the next leg. then got my mother (god bless her) to cut the hole and sew the cord in

if you want further details just let me know and ill take some photos

#22 User is offline   Gemini Don 

• Good News, I'm hated by those that you! May they fear us
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gemini Don

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

Very nice pics, and I love the draw string - I might have to try that myself. Not too sure how well it will work on the Fusion set though.

Wifey got me the pants for Xmas, and I got the top for myself.

#23 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

View PostGemini Don, on Jan 3 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

Very nice pics, and I love the draw string - I might have to try that myself. Not too sure how well it will work on the Fusion set though.

Wifey got me the pants for Xmas, and I got the top for myself.

i did it to my fusions as well, to my old spec ops digi set and my omnipats, works great!!

#24 User is offline   oldguny 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

I finaly got mine on X-mas. I love them. I played in them and they are alsome. I still need to see how well it works for myself.

#25 User is offline   pc_gamer321 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:pc_gamer321

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

what exactly is the difference between the ultralight and fusion. Is the fusion more durable?

#26 User is offline   bm2kpball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bm2kpball

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

The ultralites are made of football mesh, with reinforced knees and elbows. The jersey comes with shoulder velcro pads. The fusion jersey is solid like most paintball clothing, with elbow and shoulder padding. If you run into a thorn bush, it's possible the Ultralites would get caught and tear, but then again, most paintball jerseys would too.
www.easpaintball.com

#27 User is offline   Spartan Heart 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan Heart

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

View PostAussie_bloke, on Dec 10 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

im guessing it would depend on your environment, ive played in thick jungle here in australia in my fusions and everyone thought i was in a ghillie suit.

for my local field which is a dry dusty with scattered green environment yes omnipat works much much better

we played at another field with denser greenery but still with dry patches and dry pine through it on sunday and omnipats worked a treat out there

I too have just got the Omnipat fusion pants and jersey this christmas with the fusion headrap and dagger vest. I have to say that it was one of the best purchases I have made. Yes i know they price can seem a little outrageous but def. worth the $$$........

Good review by the way its nice to see people giving a good honest opinion about stuff.

I got a question for you.. I also got the omnipat mask cover for my grill and i got it fit pretty nice, but it has made my mask fog up by a like fifty percent more easer than it ever has... just wonderin if anyone has any tips on how to prevent that. thanx
Semper Fidelis- Death before dishoner- Fear is not an Option- Swift, Silent, Deadly
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done" (Saber)
Oorah!

#28 User is offline   RTHEX9 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RTHEX9

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Just got my new Ultralites last week. I agree with the above review but I had a few things that I thought could be changed.
-The nylon section over the knee seems to sit pretty high on my leg when I kneel down, i.e., doesnt really protect my knee.
-If you get the velcro from say, your pack belt stuck to the cuff on the shirt, it pulls the yarns out into big loops.

The Omnipat camo is kinda funny. In the pics, it almost always looks tan/brown. In reality, depending on the lighting, it almost changes colors. When I took it out of the box, it looked really green. later on the sun came out and it turned brown. I cant really test it outdoors on account of the snow all over everything but I think that it actually does blend into it's enviorment like the site says.

#29 User is offline   bm2kpball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bm2kpball

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

That is one of the stranger things with this camouflage. Just by moving it to various locations around the house the overall color scheme appears to change. Of course, lighting levels will do this with anything, but it is much more pronounced in the Omnipat. I'm still digging out of the snow up here, so it'll be a while before I can really try it in a green environment. Multicam worked, so I see no reason why this wouldn't.
www.easpaintball.com

#30 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

View PostSpartan Heart, on Mar 4 2008, 06:49 AM, said:

I got a question for you.. I also got the omnipat mask cover for my grill and i got it fit pretty nice, but it has made my mask fog up by a like fifty percent more easer than it ever has... just wonderin if anyone has any tips on how to prevent that. thanx

ok i kinda had the same problem when i was involved in the beta testing for the camo mask, but then it was made out of the same kinda mesh your broadsword vests are made out of,

here is what i did, i washed it to relax the material a lil, now that its made out of ultralite material i reckon this will work even better as i know with ultralites they feel even better once washed, try that, along with using a good layer of anti fog on your mask, i use plexus and i do several coats by spraying on, buffing off and reapplying about 3 times in total,

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users