Special Ops Paintball: A5 Ricochet Sniper Hopper.......Sucks??? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5 Ricochet Sniper Hopper.......Sucks??? yeah, read b4 you buy.... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Travasty420 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TRAVASTY420

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

So, just got the Ricochet Sniper Hopper for muh A5. First thing i notice, is the "liner" is just laid in the hopper. if you took some rubber, and lined your hopper, it would be the same thing. so, really wasnt worth the extra 10 bucks for the "sniper" one. now, the second problem that i had was with the lid! everytime i went to shoot a ball, the damn thing popped open! that makes the other 14 bucks that i spent for it a complete and utter waste. i didnt bring my stock hopper with me (dumb on my part), so i was reduced to having to wrap a rag around it to hold the lid down. which made it horribly irritating to reload (basically had to wait til the game was over with to reload, which is the sux). on top of all that, i had a break on my hopper too, so all in all i give this a 1 out of 10. save your money, or just go out and buy 3 of the tippmann stock hoppers for the same price.

#2 User is offline   Hauji 

• Allied Assault---a NOR-CAL Scenario Paintball Team
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josh Guild

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

Ive never had any problems with my R5 hopper no paint has broken in it, the lid hasn't poped open during play. The rubber lining supposed 2 keep the noise down of the rattaling paintballs. The design of it like how it bows in the front to a point it's supposed to help deflect the paintballs instead of getting hit on your hopper. The stock A-5 hopper has a big flat spot on the front so if someone shoots a ball there of course it's going 2 break. So I actually like the R-5 hopper myself.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

I had heard of a few people with lids popping open when it first came out, mainly with the smoke colored ones. I havent heard anything though in recent months. I love my r5. I have a black one with rubber lining and can say nothing but positive things. Its bounced balls for me, its quiet due to the liner, which i only paid $5 for, and the lid never pops open by mistake no matter how hard i slam or hit it, ive tried. Never had a break either, and its been slammed with paint when playing speedball. You might have just gotten a bad one. Sorry.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   ubr13375n1parz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bob

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:27 AM

I've had the same problem with the R5, Some quick fixes could be...
a rubber band on the lid.
Drill some small holes in it to vent excess gas wich apparently causes the lid to pop open. On the top of it so paint doesnt get in your hopper (im not so sure about that one though)
Heat the lip of the loading hole and push it out slightly so a firmer lock is made.
Or my personal favourite, Don't buy one.
I have heard the same fault coming up too much to be a "bad one"
Although if in your experience they work fine then i must say that im jealous.

#5 User is offline   Travasty420 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:36 AM

yeah, i think im just gonna stick with my stock, instead of trying to #@$% with it. however, if at some point in the future, i use it, and it has fixed itself (insert: LAUGH), then i will re-review it, and give it a better score.

#6 User is offline   Travasty420 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

ok....so i drilled 2 holes in the top, and it solved my problem! much thanks to whomever it was that suggested it!

#7 User is offline   Plith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Plith

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

My 2 cents....

Just played today for the first time with my new Ricochet hopper on my A5. Worked like a dream. Absolutely none of the problems stated by others.

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:50 AM

Here is what I have noticed: the A-5 and 98 with Cyclone vent a decent chunk of gas into the hopper. This is why the Cyclone Feed is so critical: without it, the gas would push the next ball up the feed tube, resulting in a higher than average rate of misfeeds. A full hopper will generally prevent your door from being blown open, as would drilling some small vents in the hopper or the hopper door. Other solutions might also fix it.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#9 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

If you do drill I recommend doing it on the back flat surface. So no water could get it once-so-ever.

#10 User is offline   PirateGent 

• Scenario Player at-large
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateGent

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:18 AM

reapermen, on Oct 10 2005, 12:07 AM, said:

I had heard of a few people with lids popping open when it first came out, mainly with the smoke colored ones. I havent heard anything though in recent months. I love my r5. I have a black one with rubber lining and can say nothing but positive things. Its bounced balls for me, its quiet due to the liner, which i only paid $5 for, and the lid never pops open by mistake no matter how hard i slam or hit it, ive tried. Never had a break either, and its been slammed with paint when playing speedball. You might have just gotten a bad one. Sorry.

Same here - never had any problems with the lid or breaking any balls - even after getting hit!
user posted image

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

I can think of two VERY good reasons not to get a ricochet, and that is if you have a red dot sight on your gun and/or shoot left-handed. Normally a shot that hits the hopper will break on it, end of problem. With the ricochet, the shot is redirected in one of 2 ways: left, or right. If it's redirected left, it slams into your sight or your goggles, possibly causing damage and either way creating a HUGE mess for you to clean.

If it's redirected right, and you're shooting right-handed, it zooms away, and saves you from getting out. If it's redirected right, and you're shooting left-handed, it slams into your body (it could possibly fly over your shoulder, but that's not likely). If you're shooting left-handed and have a sight rail, the ricochet can only cause unpleasant situations. In cases like this, you want your hopper to take the hit for you, so you don't wind up either replacing your sight or performing extensive cleaning on it.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#12 User is offline   Mori 

• An Authentic Reproduction
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mori

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

Yes, I have a richochet hopper, and it broke the first time it was hit. Currently, its duct taped to my gun so it doesnt fall off. My advice: get a better hopper, not a Richochet. Its a thin peice of plastic crap.

edit: when its full, yes, the top does pop open until you use ten or so rounds.

This post has been edited by Mori: 31 October 2005 - 07:34 PM

#13 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

I haven't had any problems with any of my 5 R-5's. The lids have stayed shut, hasn't fallen of, but having a ball go into the sight does create a little mess.

#14 User is offline   Capt. Maverick 

• Savage Nation Paintball
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Capt. Maverick

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

I have had an R5 since they came on the market. Never had a lick of trouble. I have had the mess issuse from both the stock and R5, so as left handed shooter I have yet to find the perfect marker as far a vision.

For you all using the Ric. and the neck has broken, first sorry it sucks, but I have yet to find a neck on any hopper not break.
Capt. Scott "Maverick" Wonnell
Savage Nation Paintball
Dishonor is NOT an Option

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users