• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

jt proflex or the v-force ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

I cant decide weither i should get the jt proflex or the v-force grills. What are your opinions?

This post has been edited by prettyearth: 16 July 2010 - 05:13 AM

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

I like them both. I do not personally own a Grill, but I have two JT goggles. One is a Flex 8 and the other is a Flex 7. They are variations on the Pro-flex. The Flex 8 has an amber lens for day light use and limited indoor. The Flex 7 has a clear lens for night play and indoor play.

Why do I have one for day and one for night? Simple, it can be difficult to change out the lens on JT goggles quickly. I don't feel like taking time during the dinner break to get my mask ready for night play.

I have looked into the Grillz for that reason. It is very easy to change out the lens. That way I don't have to carry two masks with me. I have have my tinted daytime lens and my clear night time lens.

#3 User is offline   THUNDR 

• Heavy Metal
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Koos

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

Several of my friends use the JT Flex 8 and love them, and I myself own 2 pairs of Grills. I prefer the Grills because they are so easy to fully take apart and clean,, and like the abbove post says, the thermal lens is heard to replace quickly.

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on 24 November 2008 - 06:47 PM, said:

I just try to fulfill what the military conciders when they look for a sniper. ...their major concern is over all accuracy, physical stamina, patience, ability to acquire top secret clearance, and prior experience in paintball and/or hunting...

Gearbag Sale

#4 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:16 AM

I really prefer my Flex's. They are so much lighter, more breathable, and IMO more comfortable. I used to love my Grills until I bought some old Flex's.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#5 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

I own a pair of Grillz and now 2 pair of JT Flex's (7/Proflex).
I prefer the JT's for one simple reason. Lenses on the Grill are thema-coated. That means, they put a layer of anti-fog stuff on it. You take one shot to the lens and it gets scratched. It will also just wear off over time. I've gone through 3 or 4 lenses now for the Grill in the time I've gone through 1 on my JT (and it's still alright, there's just a small crack on the inside lens, so I took it out).

Plus, the JT's are much lighter, easier to breathe in, and have a true dual pane thermal lens. If you fog up a JT mask, you have bigger problems then a fogged up mask >.>

That said, I think the Grillz look 10 times cooler... if that matters for you.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#6 Guest_B-Dazl_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

View Postprettyearth, on 16 July 2010 - 06:12 AM, said:

I cant decide weither i should get the jt proflex or the v-force grills. What are your opinions?

I own 2 GRILLs and a PROFLEX..............

I prefer the Grills when I play (I've used ALL different kinds of goggles) because for me they don't fog up too bad and they are comfortable. And, like PIRATE said, they LOOK really cool :D

I bust out my PROFLEX though when I ref, or I'm walking a field or doing video demo's and stuff like that where I need protection but I'm not PLAYING. They are SUPER light and you can bend the flap that covers your mouth UP so you can breathe clearly without taking off your mask (of course, this WILL leave you vulnerable to taking a shot in the mouth if anyone is firing - and that sucks!!).

Also, my GRILLS match my camo.

The JT is black.

Personal preference though. They are both great for me. #1 & #2 in my book :)

-Dazl

#7 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Normally I rock Profilers or my old Xtreme Vision 280's mainly due to clearance issues with the glasses (reason I donated my Avatars).

But I just picked up a set of Grills so we'll see how they do. So far it seems like they clear them good enough but in game might yield some different results.

#8 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

B-Dazl, all my masks match my "Camo" too :D I painted the Grillz and the bottoms on one Flex (I think they were red... or blue...) Bought a full EPS purple mask with clear lens (night play) and the EPS purple frames with smoke lens (normal play).
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#9 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

personally it doesnt get much better than vforce profilers. most masks i know of are either stifling, heavy, or fog too easily.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

I use grillz. Love them. I have tried jt's. Just not my thing. Don't know why, just aren't.

#11 Guest_B-Dazl_*

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

View PostMaj Tom, on 22 July 2010 - 05:11 PM, said:

Normally I rock Profilers or my old Xtreme Vision 280's mainly due to clearance issues with the glasses (reason I donated my Avatars).

View PostIron__Man, on 23 July 2010 - 05:35 PM, said:

personally it doesnt get much better than vforce profilers. most masks i know of are either stifling, heavy, or fog too easily.

PROFILERS rock too!! I know that is MOATI's favorite goggle....

View PostPirate, on 22 July 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

B-Dazl, all my masks match my "Camo" too :D I painted the Grillz and the bottoms on one Flex (I think they were red... or blue...) Bought a full EPS purple mask with clear lens (night play) and the EPS purple frames with smoke lens (normal play).

Dude, PIRATE, you crack me up bro!! When are we gonna meet up at an event and go SLAY some fools together?? You sound like you'd fit in with our crew really well :P

#12 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Living Legends 4? Unless you guys come out to Fulda Gap in November (huuuuge East Coast game at Command Decisions Paintball in Taylorsville, NC). Thanks to work and school, I don't know if I'll really be at any games between those.

#13 Guest_B-Dazl_*

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

View PostPirate, on 26 July 2010 - 03:37 PM, said:

Living Legends 4? Unless you guys come out to Fulda Gap in November...

LL4 for sure!! I've wanted to play Fulda Gap too! We're too busy to commit to any events right now.... But who knows?? We'll see what happens in a couple of months :dodgy: It's way too cold to play here in November!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users