Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warp Feed Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

OK. I got my first day of play with my warp fed Emag today. You can find my review of the E-mag in the marker's section.

The warp feed was hooked up to the board Via intellafeed, so it fed whenever the fun fires. I was using it with a Revy agitated hopper, and it was fast.

Next thing is the bulk. This thing is kinda heavy. If you are some scrawny little person worried about every ounce of wieght, turn back now. This will add a pound or two to your setup. Even I am going to be stepping up my lifting routine a good bit to make holding this thing more natural. I don't mind carrying the weight, but I have the most fun when I'm in the action and being able to move it quicker is a huge advantage.

Now, the profile. First off you can learn to use the tops of things effectively. put your gun in front of your face, partially squat or bend back in a limbow untill you are just out of view. Now pop out just enough so you can see your target. When playing windows it makes it almost invincible. On X-ball it turns the little Xes into perfect cover. It should be mentioned that this is the snake player's best friend. You can get down low, not worry about the hopper, pop out and shoot without exposing yourself, and use the corner areas with the slightly larger brick as an inpenatrable barrier. It also allows you to shoot at all kind sof wierd angles and such, making crawling out from behind coer and shooting much more practical.

Now, with all that being said, shooting left is a FEMALE DOG. I don't have a drop (yet...now I'm really wanting one) and lets just say I learned the "no shoot left thing pretty damn quick. I basically was shooing a guy on the left, and was exposing most of my chest, and it was not good. I didn't know to turn the gun sideways then, and didn't learn that untill the end of the day. It probably will be better when I grab the drop, as I will be able to hold my gun more with my chest and less with my arm. Anyways, you basically sacrifice left for over the top, and it will take a bit to build up the level of comfort with this, as well as the flexibility, to take advantage of the full potential of this set up. Anyways practice makes perfect, and as soon as my knee becomes slightly less sore I'm probably going to be mime shooting left around every corner I find to try to get used to shooting left.

Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Has a major learning curve, and has some major drawbacks, but the advantages you get are signifigant. If you are willing to put the time into learning to deal with it, or are just starting to really devlope your skills (and so won't be re-learning too mcuh) I'd recomend it. Try to get it cheap, or borrow it from somone else. It's a good system, but it isn't for everyone, and can potentially be used for deadly effect.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

#2 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

The warp does not add a pound or two to your setup. I barely even notice it's there, and my arms are the scrawniest you'll ever see.

Just my $00.02
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

#3 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

View PostPzippy, on May 5 2007, 06:43 PM, said:

The warp does not add a pound or two to your setup. I barely even notice it's there, and my arms are the scrawniest you'll ever see.

Just my $00.02

Well I'd say a pound...I mean a pound isn't that much, but feels pretty hefty...maby it's just the size fooling my brains, or the fact that I havent eaten my vegitables for the last 4 days.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

#4 User is offline   TaCticulMerderer18 

• Tom Kaye, Mike Cassidy, Glenn Palmer and Budd Orr.... DemiGods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shiek

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

its 15 oz. plus a fully loaded hopper (which doesnt matter anyway, no matter where you put it)

to me, 1 pound is what.... the weight of a pod? not that much of a big deal the way i see it

Even if you don't see it on the site, we can still get it for you!!!
No, we won't be stocking .50 caliber anything....

#5 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:27 PM

Exactly. It's a bit of a switch when it's on your gun, but isn't game breaking. It' just a bit of a switch, and the wieght is in a very different place, so you do feel it. Or maby it's just that the hopper is in a different place which is making me feel it differently (it is much easier to support the conventional upright hopper).

The other thing is I think I should elaborate on the rating. On general principle I gave it a 7. Honestly I think it's one of these things that works for some people and not for others, which is why I gave it a 7 and not a 9 (that and the learning curve). I personally love mine, but they won't work for everyone.

Automaggot #79

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users