• You cannot reply to this topic

Completly Surrounded and Outnumbered....what to do Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

As others have stated, if you are surrounded, you've got to got to get un-surrounded - fast! This happened to me in a small woodsball game not that long ago. We started the game with fewer people on my team [I believe it was 6 v 3] but we had the building and were on defense. Both of my team mates knocked one guy out before being knocked out themselves. At that point I knew that it was 4 on 1 and they were moving in for the kill. It doesn't matter how good you are, you can't bunker down 360* I quickly found the fastest way out and I booked it, changing the situation to a 1 on 1, which I fortunately came out on top of. With me now in the woods [and my position unknown to the other 3] it was only the other team's lack of clearing tactics that allowed me to pick them off and wind up winning the 4 on 1 confrontation.

But if I would have tried to hold my ground, I could have pinned maybe 2 of them, but I couldn't ever have hoped to survive as the 4 of them surrounded me and got the angles.

Paintball is all about angles. You've got to get an angle on your guy, and make sure no one gets one on you. If you're surrounded you've got nothing. If you can get out, you can change your situation, frustrate your opponents and switch the momentum back to you.

ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#17 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:36 AM

It depends on my kit.
Fast gun and lots of paint left? Mow a hole in them (or make an existing hole larger) and get out of there, then flank around and hit them.
Fast gun, but low on paint, or using my pump? Channel Tom Berenger and go "sniper". Take cover, pick your shots, pop one or two guys and try to get out of there.

It also kind of depends on the field/terrain. If there is a good place to defend, I clearly wouldn't want to leave it (exception: They know I'm in there. Then, if I could get out undetected and shoot them in the butt, that'd be fun.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#18 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

"Out of fuel, become a pillbox...out of ammo, become a bunker...out of time, become a Hero!"

Being hopelessly outnumbered gives me the perfect excuse to try some crazy bone-head move that will most likely end in disaster (for me anyway) but might be amusing to watch.
When in doubt - CHARGE!

#19 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

normally what i do when outnumbered and surrounded is find an area of high cover. once my team is ther, me and one other will provide enough of a distraction to cause the other team to converge/ pay attention to a small area, allowing my stealthier players to eliminate a direction and get those guys out. this normally results in 3 things. 1, I get lit up. 2, my team gets free, 3, the guys who got away will take out at least half of the enemy as they search the area we just occupied for us. While i hate the getting lit up part, its just my job on the team and its what i have to do. and sometimes i get a couple and can even stay under cover enough to not get shot at all, but that is a really good day for me.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#20 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

No such thing as being outnumbered. It's just a target rich environment!

Seriously though:

1) MOVE. Get angles. You don't win firefights by anything other than luck. Flanking shots tip the scales for you.
2) Don't be afraid to make a tactical retreat.
3) When in doubt, banzai charge. Most people don't expect it in the woods and you stand a very good chance of getting a bunker shot. Warning: it helps if you can sprint. :D
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#21 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

i dont mind being surrounded..

its getting in them stale mate gun battles that drive me nuts...

i feel like the one delta force sgt. on Black Hawk down.. i shout out F this and throw a grenade, then charge.

sometimes you get the players that shout out.. HEY ARE YOU ARMBAND?? well if im not.. im gonna shoot at them and let them figure it out.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 10 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#22 User is offline   grenades 

• i rock ^ bow to me (and puzz)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:grenader

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Don't pick faveorite people to engage. Shoot at everyone equaly to keep them pinned. Shoot a few at guy A then move and shoot a few at woman A then guy B then woman S
the game of paintball started in the woods. Its easy to remember thats were your game ended.(xx)
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#23 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

View Postthisissparta, on Feb 10 2010, 12:08 AM, said:

No such thing as being outnumbered. It's just a target rich environment!

Right on :laugh:
Sometimes there really isn't a tride and true solution. Like they say, " War doesn't determine who is right, but who is left." There are times were no matter what you do there is no physically possible way to win, but no one said you can't have fun. Go out kickin'. :P

This post has been edited by Supergyro: 19 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#24 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

View PostMOATI, on Oct 3 2009, 04:25 PM, said:

"Men...the bad news is, we're surrounded! The good news is, we can attack in any direction!"

lol to the sig
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#25 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

call in a hammer.... what?... i'm just sayin. :D B)
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#26 User is offline   MattY0234 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:deltascout55

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostShadoAngel, on 06 February 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

As others have stated, if you are surrounded, you've got to got to get un-surrounded - fast! ....

Paintball is all about angles. You've got to get an angle on your guy, and make sure no one gets one on you. If you're surrounded you've got nothing. If you can get out, you can change your situation, frustrate your opponents and switch the momentum back to you.

That about sums it up. If youre surrounded, fall back and create a defensive line, usually in a V pattern to draw them down the middle and then you can outflank and surround them. The logic behind that being... when you're surrounded, pretty soon you don't have true cover because some side of you will be exposed to fire and before you can do any good you'll be out. Your best move will be to fall back and reposition to safe cover, work your angles, take the flanks and turn the tide.
~Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body~

#27 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Charge!

Oh yeah, and hope for the best, don't forget to hope.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Lonewolf03 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Take as many of them as you can with you.
I love my Project Salvo.

#29 Guest_Cossak11_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Get outside of them. If the field is big enough, the other team might not even know that they have surrounded you. Then your best move is to look for a gap and hit it hard. Once you are out take them out one or two at a time, try to push and then disengage as long as you can move you have a chance. work in diagonals and circles, its harder to hit a target moving horizontally rather than vertically. Also, if you get pinned, get pinned with your back to the boundary lines, preferrably in a corner. this keeps the opfor from getting behind you and with a corner removes 2 directions from the equation, allowing your team to concentrate on the other two directions.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users