Special Ops Paintball: Revolutionaries! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revolutionaries! The upcoming scenario from Invictus Paintball! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hello all! A little shameless promoting down here in Southeast Ohio. The Invictus team hopes to be putting on their first scenario soon...We were looking at possibly October 24th...Seeing if there would be a lot of interest in a Revolutionary War scenario! Final details should be up and posted by next week. (I should have my new computer Tuesday so around a couple of days after that) but of course our most important factor in all of this is YOU! The player. We wouldn't have a game without you. Since we are still finalizing and brainstorming some ideas and concepts...feel free to post any comments related to the revolutionary war scenario, how you'd like the game ran, and of course...HOW EXCITED YOU ARE! We hope all of you can make it!

To reply to my own post...I AM VERY EXCITED! We have a couple of games together that we are just 1) Fact-checking 2) Ensuring it's fair for both teams. We really hope you come out and have fun!
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#2 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

(Games will be posted in no particular order, but as we believe we've worked the kinks out of them. Then most likely specific battles will be arranged by order of date. Anything is subject to change with ideas from participants. Thank you for your input!) It's late and I'm on a strange computer so I'm sure these are going to be lacking minor details...Feel free to ask questions.

Game 1: Geurrilla Warfare. This was practically a major theme in the revolutionary war. So we need to have it in our game! The American team will be planted out in the field, while the Brittish will come in as a group. Simple elimination game with a hint of search and destroy (people). Points for this game will be awarded as five points per player. Game will last thirty minutes. Ten points for the kill of a general.

Bonus round- Paul Revere's ride. In an interesting twist on history...Brittian tries to hault the famous midnight ride. Brittian will set up in the field along Paul's path. They will attempt to defend their position. The american team will have slightly less numbers to go in and clear out Brittian. The American team will have reinsertions though. After a total of ten minutes, America's candidate for Paul Revere will be riding through...He will have a time limit himself to make it from one end of the field to the other (the idea is if he is not shot by Brittish troops...if he is at least detterred that is a victory).

There's what I got up so far...I'm being forced to depart...But other battle ideas in the works are Bunker Hill...Saratoga...Ticonderoga...Battle of Cowpens...Brandywine(maybe dunno)....and a couple of others. As I calculate the size of our field...Make sure where I'm planning is where we are playing...and seeing props that may need to be built...I will let you all know. Those are two basic games that should be included though. Hope you all like the idea.

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#3 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

team invictus represent

we are using our devious minds to concoct a game you wont forget, doesnt mean itll be good, so either way you cant forget, lol, jk
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#4 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:19 AM

Sounds very good! I should be able to make October 24th. You need to do some sort of scenario based on the SwampFox; what was his name? Lafayette? One of the wilderness battles mentioned above would be good as a defend the fort type game. Indian squads for both sides... The Green Mountain Boys... Get some boats and have the Battle of Put-In-Bay... oops, that was the War of 1812. Hopefully, the Urban Guard will make an appearance.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#5 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

So I had a question to spring on everyone...If people are gonna respond. Would you guys like a synopsis of what actually happened for each battle as a refresher before each game, and kind of see how we thought of it? Or do you think that parameters should just be set and just let the game go? (I'm speaking of course at on-site at this point)

But as I'm posting the next game I will copy/paste a brief synopsis to explain what happened and the rules.

Battle of Brandywine!

General Howe regained the initiative by moving his troops south by sea to threaten Philadelphia. He landed his troops on the west side of the Elk River on August 25, 1777. After a week of rest, Howe marched his troops north toward Philadelphia. Washington responded by marching his army south through Philadelphia to meet Howe. After harassing Howe's advance for a few days, Washington placed his army behind Brandywine Creek. The creek was crossable only at a number of fords. At 4:00 AM of the 10th, while part of his army was engaged in a diversionary attack against Chads Ford, Howe took the bulk of his army on a long march through back roads to cross at Trimble and Jeffries Ford at the end of Washington's unanchored lines. Howe successfully crossed the fords and brought his troops to Osborne Hill, outflanking Washington's troops. The American troops redeployed to try to block the British. At 4:00 PM, the British troops set off down the hill to the music of the British Grenadier. They marched through a hole in the American lines, but the hole was soon plugged. The battle continued for a few hours. Hand to hand desperate fighting ensued. By nightfall, Washington was forced to withdraw. The British had won the day, but Washington's army, while bruised, was still intact.

This will be set simply as such...(Btw...This game will be located at Forest's in Coolville) We plan on putting the American team on one side of the creek and the British on the other side. And I will most likely make this a take down the flag, or defend an air-horn type of game. The creek will be crossable at only a few locations we shall see if the Brittish can ford accross and send the American's packing! Boundaries and specific guidelines are yet to be set on this game. Any ideas on the game or set up? Post it and let's talk about it! I hope everyone is getting as excited as I am!...Though I better stop getting excited since it is two months off.

#6 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

im getting the word out down this way, i'll probably have some flyers made up soon
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#7 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

I for one would like a brief synopsis of each battle we are "re-enacting". I think it adds to the scenario flavor... That Battle of Brandywine sounds extremely promising... For props you need (if you want) to get a Union Jack (British Flag) and find an accurate flag carried by the Colonists... That would definitely add to the flavor... Can I bring my Cutlass? closest i have to a saber...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#8 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:26 AM

I think this is a great idea, Andrew!

I have been doing a little research on Revolutionary War battles in hopes to be of some help in your planning. I came across one game scenario that is rather simple in it's concept that could be put between some more complicated scenarios to allow for a "breather" if you will.

Americans Capture Stony Point July 15, 1779

In their first northward action since the surrender at Saratoga, the British captured the American fort at Stony Point. Under the direction of General Washington, the Americans recaptured the fort, suffering only minimal casualties.

By 1778, the war had settled into a stalemate. Washington was encamped around British-occupied New York. The British were unable to attack Washington, and New York was too strongly defended for Washington to attack. In the meantime, a war of plunder took place, with British troops taking part in various attacks on civilians that began to turn even many of the royalist supporters against them. General Conway, speaking to the House of Commons in 1779, stated: ̉The robe and the mitre animating us in concert t massacre, we plunged ourselves into rivers of blood, spreading terror, devastation, and death over the whole continents of America; exhausting ourselves at home became the objective of horror in the eyes of indignant Europe! It was our reverend prelates who led on this dance, which may be justly styled the dance of death!.. Such is the horrid war which we have maintained for five years." In May 1779, General Clinton led his troops up the Hudson River, capturing the fort at Stony Point as well as the one at Verplanck. In response, Washington personally prepared an assault to retake Stony Point. In the early morning hours of July 15th, three columns of continental soldiers, 1200 men in all, converged on the fort. The fort was swiftly overwhelmed. Fifteen American soldiers were killed and 83 were wounded . Of the redcoats troops, 63 were killed, 74 were wounded and 543 were taken prisoner.

A rather simple game of capturing a fortified position yet puts it into a historical context. We could go to Forest's place and construct a "fort" of sorts by stacking limbs and fallen trees on his upper hillside to represent the fort at Stony Point.

Just an idea...

This post has been edited by JKR: 29 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#9 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

Battle of Monmouth 1778

The British withdrew from Philadelphia with a large train of supplies. General Washington carefully followed the British and, near Monmouth Court House, ordered an attack on the rear of their train. The fight soon turned into a general engagement between British and American forces. The American lines broke until General Washington arrived and single-handedly rallied the American troops.

This one could be done with some wheelbarrows, wagons, or other representations of supply transportation with the goal of getting the goods from point A to point B.
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

#10 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:45 AM

Battle of Bennington

Burgoyne's first major defeat occurred when he sent a force of Hessians west of the Connecticut River to seize cattle and other supplies. The force, commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Fredrich Baum, was ordered to head to Bennington and seize rebel supplies. Awaiting Baum near Bennington were nearly 2,000 American militia men led by John Stark of New Hampshire. At Van Schaick Mill, Baum's forces ran into the advance guard of the American forces, and both sides prepared for battle the next day, next to the Wallomsac River. The British were in makeshift fortifications on a height north of the river. On August 16, after a rain delay, Stark's men attacked. In a complicated multi-pronged attack, they captured or killed the entire British force. By late in the afternoon, a British relief expedition arrived. The relief expedition was met by Warner's Green Mountain Boys. They forced the British to pull back. With the help of Stark's forces, the withdrawal turned to a route. By the end of the battle, 207 British and Hessians lay dead and 700 were captured. The Americans lost 20 dead and another 40 wounded.

This one could be done with props to represent the rebel supplies. These could be spread out over an area with the goal being to collect all the supplies. The British force collecting the supplies could be half of the total paintball team with the other half waiting to represent the British relief expedition. The relief expedition could be started from a predetermined point say 10-15 minutes into the game. The British force collecting supplies would be given the goal of collecting as many supplies as possible within say a five minute period and gaining points by doing so. Those points could only be won if ultimately they won the game, however. American forces would attack after a short head start by the British with the sole purpose to eliminate the British forces and push back the reinforcements.
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#11 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

JKR, Love the history and scenario ideas! If only I had known you had such an eye for historical research...

As a ranking member of this scenario I demand an update... (Maybe demand is a little strong, lets say, instead, I somewhat loudly ask "please" for an update) :rolleyes:

#12 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

Sorry guys for my absence. Not having a computer...SUCKS!...I was told my the tech depot here I could put a laptop on my student account, and when I went to do that they retracted that statement. So...looks like I'll be saving up a couple of more bucks before I get a laptop...I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll have something for sure...(Oh dear please)

And Jack your statement of "As a ranking member"...I will take that as you are 100% in! So allow me to announce the generals for this.

Representing the colonists, the traitors, those accused of high treason...THE REVOLUTIONARIES if you will...SHADOWJACKAL!!!

But beware Revolutionaries, as the long arm of the law is coming for you. You can't hide, you can't escape from his scope once he has you dialed in. He is patient! He is deadly! Beware the ultimate sniper- and leader of the Empire team- WRAITH!

I look forward to the grudgematch (more importantly the smacktalk) that goes down between you two in the coming weeks. If you want commanding officers...great...but none are required for this. Feel free to assign whatever roles you need to make your life easier. The game is posted up on the Brigade (Or should be...I will double check that before I leave the library) so guys opt-in! Furthermore before I leave I hope to PM you generals my phone and email contact...My phone is acting rather weird...but as I said...I hope to solve EVERYTHING by the end of the week.

I'll set up the teams kind of similar to Biblical Battles...If you have people you want to play with...great!...if not you will be assigned a team. Also note you may be asked to split off from your original team if there are 50 people on one team and 5 on the other.

So GENERALS! Start recruiting now! I will post a couple of more games up this evening double checking my research. Thank you!

View PostShadowjackal, on Aug 31 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

JKR, Love the history and scenario ideas! If only I had known you had such an eye for historical research...

As a ranking member of this scenario I demand an update... (Maybe demand is a little strong, lets say, instead, I somewhat loudly ask "please" for an update) :wacko:

I hope I helped a little bit in that post. Thank you very much as I appreciate your enthusiasm!

#13 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

View PostJKR, on Aug 29 2009, 08:26 AM, said:

I think this is a great idea, Andrew!

I have been doing a little research on Revolutionary War battles in hopes to be of some help in your planning. I came across one game scenario that is rather simple in it's concept that could be put between some more complicated scenarios to allow for a "breather" if you will.

Americans Capture Stony Point July 15, 1779

In their first northward action since the surrender at Saratoga, the British captured the American fort at Stony Point. Under the direction of General Washington, the Americans recaptured the fort, suffering only minimal casualties.

By 1778, the war had settled into a stalemate. Washington was encamped around British-occupied New York. The British were unable to attack Washington, and New York was too strongly defended for Washington to attack. In the meantime, a war of plunder took place, with British troops taking part in various attacks on civilians that began to turn even many of the royalist supporters against them. General Conway, speaking to the House of Commons in 1779, stated: ̉The robe and the mitre animating us in concert t massacre, we plunged ourselves into rivers of blood, spreading terror, devastation, and death over the whole continents of America; exhausting ourselves at home became the objective of horror in the eyes of indignant Europe! It was our reverend prelates who led on this dance, which may be justly styled the dance of death!.. Such is the horrid war which we have maintained for five years." In May 1779, General Clinton led his troops up the Hudson River, capturing the fort at Stony Point as well as the one at Verplanck. In response, Washington personally prepared an assault to retake Stony Point. In the early morning hours of July 15th, three columns of continental soldiers, 1200 men in all, converged on the fort. The fort was swiftly overwhelmed. Fifteen American soldiers were killed and 83 were wounded . Of the redcoats troops, 63 were killed, 74 were wounded and 543 were taken prisoner.

A rather simple game of capturing a fortified position yet puts it into a historical context. We could go to Forest's place and construct a "fort" of sorts by stacking limbs and fallen trees on his upper hillside to represent the fort at Stony Point.

Just an idea...

Ahh! Justin brilliant! The problem with this is I find so many american scenarios defeding...This is perfect in contrast to what I had...and it's simple...Stony Point is a go on the agenda folks!

So at this current time we have in no order...

Geurilla Warfare match.
Paul Revere Bonus round
Battle of Brandywine
Stonypoint

I'm in midst research...I hope to post more soon!

#14 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Lexington and Concord!

As the British approached Lexington the colonists gathered. Between 200 and 300 collected on the common in Lexington. Their goal was to stop the British. Suddenly a shot rang out, and the British soldiers responded by firing on the American militiamen gathered there. Seventeen colonists were felled by the British bullets. If the British had retired to Boston at this point, the war might not have begun in earnest, but Gage insisted on forging on to Concord. By this time militia from the surrounding area were gathering. British troops occupied Concord and a detachment was sent to the North Bridge. On the far side of the bridge gathered large numbers of militiamen. The British in Concord set fire to some supplies. When the militia saw smoke in the sky coming from Concord, a cry went up to stop the British from burning the town. The colonists then advanced on the British troops at the bridge. They started crossing the bridge as the British fell back. Then the British soldiers opened fire. Four Americans fell, two were dead, and the Americans answered fire. Three British soldiers fell dead and nine others were wounded. British ranks broke and the soldiers retreated to Concord. At noon the British commander Colonel Smith decided his work in Concord was completed, and that he could withdraw to Boston. As he withdrew, militia began surrounding his troops on all sides. At Meriam Corner on the road to Lexington, his men had enough, and they opened fire on the gathering American militiamen. The Americans answered. The American militiamen stood behind seemingly every rock, tree and wall on the road between Concord and Lexington. They fired at the retreating British troops every step of the way. The British soldiers retreated as rapidly as they could, and the officers came close to losing control of their soldiers. Just beyond Lexington the British forces were rescued by a force of 1000 reinforcements led by Lord Percy. The British once again advanced on Lexington, capturing the southern part of it and plundering homes there, until the mass of gathering militia became too great. They withdrew to Boston. The Americans harassed them unceasingly on their journey. As Percy, who was no great admirer of the Americans, stated: Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. Nor are severl of their men void of spirit of enthusiasm as we experienced yesterday, for many of them concealed themselves in houses and advanced within 10 yards to fire at me and other officers, tho they were morally certain of being put to death themselves in an instant. The British were harassed until they crossed Charlestown Neck, at which point the colonist realized that further pursuit would be suicidal. The day was over, and 1,800 British regulars had met some 4,000 Americans. The British had been forced to retreat, losing 65 soldier with an additional 173 wounded. The Americans lost 49 dead and 46 wounded. The war was on - there was no turning back.

This is where the dirt really gets kicked up. Where the anger flares! Someone gets served! Where somebody pissed in someone's cheerios...

I believe this will be a simple game of elimination. Because we all want it...We all love it!...WE ALL CRAVE IT! MASS MURDER!!! So be ready to attack! attack! attack! And the generals be ready to coordinate your team. Plan on this being an early match!

I plan on jumping back on soon with more news. Justin, just because I didn't use your other ideas yet doesn't mean I don't love them. I'm simply thinking location, layout, simplicity, and supplies at the moment. I like your ideas and I am looking into them and researching. So I havn't ruled them out yet!

#15 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hey, no worries on the ideas not used! Just throwing some stuff out there to see what sticks.

So, I am the red coat General...well, history is against me for sure but we shall re-write history and emerge victorious!

Shadowjackal and I have made a gentleman's agreement to not start any pressured recruiting...at least not yet. :dodgy: So, I will just throw this out...anyone that cares to join the redcoats, please email me or post here if you wish to be counted among the British troops. Your royal family needs you!!

Andrew, not sure what your intentions are on the game regarding equipment. If you intend on no ammo restrictions or anything of that sort, ignore the following offer. However, if you want to go limited ammo with stick feeds, please let me know and I will commence construction of feed tubes for all.
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users