• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SP Ion should i get it

#1 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:52 PM

Yea like it says i was up at a store a few weeks ago and i saw an ion and for some reason i just all of a sudden wanted one, so i was thinking about selling my pilot and buying one do yall think this is a good idea or should i just keep my pilot and save for the ion so i can have a backup, either way i am going to buy a hpa tank so should i sell my pilot or keep it
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#2 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

The ion will be better then your pilot.
It depends , do you want the ion now or later.
If you can wate keep it.

#3 User is offline   MP5 225 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sniper 1

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

i would get the ion and then get the q-loader for it :wacko:
snipers are sometimes the key to victory

#4 User is offline   1 SHOT SNIPER 

• pratticus
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pratticus

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

if u got the cash and an air tank go for it.

#5 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:37 PM

well i dont have the cash nor the air tank ill have to save up
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#6 User is offline   BigD 

• Prevenge beats revenge.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BigD

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

I feel the same way as you. I was considering selling my 98c to buy an Ion. But rememeber that the gun isn't all you're paying for... HPA (if you don't already have it), upgrades that are almost necesary (feedneck), and all the paint that you will put through it with it shoot more than your current gun.

#7 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

have you shot an ion before? if so did you like the feel? i'm glad i shot the ion before because i was going to buy it untill i realized i hate the feel of the gun when i shot it.

This post has been edited by commander mike: 10 October 2006 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#8 User is offline   PercisionThreat 

• MASTER Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PercisionThreat

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

Yeah try the marker out first, get a feel for it.

-PT

#9 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

most of my paintball experience is with m98 but i love the feel of my Ion too. like previously stated you'll need hpa-at least $80, a good hopper at least $60, and you should definitely get a new feedneck ($35) unless duct tape is your friend. The good thing about the Ions is the rest of the upgrades can be bought one at a time as cash flow allows. You'll probably want a new trigger $35, maybe a new board $100, a new barrel $50-100, maybe a bolt $60, the feeling of owning a great gun PRICELESS.

but even if you spend $700 on the total package, with the exception of the tank, the gun, and the hopper everything can be bought as you get the money and you can enjoy the gun while you're saving for upgrades.

Think about it like this if you went and bought a DM5 or 6 you'd spend $800 to $1000 just for the gun not to mention hopper, barrel, tank, and upgrades.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#10 User is offline   INDUSTRY 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:INDUSTRY

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

Get rid of that piece of crap Spyder and get the Ion.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged" - Abraham Lincoln.

Feedback

#11 User is offline   CrazyDoc 

• POOF! No noid!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CrazyDoc

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:11 PM

just got my Ion and i will NOT be looking back thats forsure.

JT
John 15:13.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

"The only difference between someone who fails and someone who succeeds, is that person who fails gave up too early."
My Feedback
My feedback on MCB

#12 Guest_DSF2.0_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:52 AM

If you got the time, i would save up for soemthing else... something higher-end.
Yes i love MY ion, but all others i don't like. My reason for that is people are dumb, and people don't seem to know how to take care of these machines.
Hmmm. If you want one get one, get one; but as for now, or later i would just pick on what you think is best and what you want most. As they say "follow your heart".
THis brings me back to the day i bought my Ion, i was looking for a new marker and i was short on cash... so it was either a use pro stock with ton-O-ups or stock ion for 280... i went ion since it was cheaper and i saw something in it i didnt see in the pro-stock... a future.

#13 User is offline   billybob 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:27 AM

yea he could get something on the higher end if he saved up but even when people get something on the higher end they tend to upgrade it. so why not save yourself the trouble of saving up and get the Ion and upgrade it as you go. I will say however that should you choose the Ion, the before you think about taking it apart read the direction at least twice. I didn't use directions and had no problem but everyone else i know that owns one had trouble when they didnt use directions. they only thing that would have been helpful to know is that the board and solenoid should be able to slide out with the whole top half, as long as you take out the battery first and make sure you disconnect the front banjo fitting.
"Life sucks" ~LT

#14 Guest_DSF2.0_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:37 AM

Along side what billybob said, you could always search aroudn the ion thread and read some of the junk in there to learn what your getting your self into... plus when you do(if you do) buy it, buy a tube of dow33(dow corning molykote 33 if you buy it the way i do) just so you can take care of this machine.

#15 User is offline   billybob 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:45 AM

for grease i use Gun Butta by Shocktech. You'll look at this stuff like "This cant lubricate anything!" then you'll dip your fingers in it, it doesnt fell that slick, you'll whipe it off, then you'll go to pick something up and that something flies out of your hand at 95mph.

what i was trying to say is Gun Butta is good stuff and its only like $9. One little thing of it is supposed to last a couple years if its only for one gun.
"Life sucks" ~LT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users