Special Ops Paintball: Trilogy Pump - Pressure Issues - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trilogy Pump - Pressure Issues Need some experienced troubleshooting on a cocker. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   iaijunki62 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:iaijunki

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

Maybe some of the more experienced Cocker-tinkerers can offer some input.

Picked up a trilogy sport for dirt cheap at a sports store and bought a pump kit to convert to stock. Pre-installation, marker was reasonably consistent with the stock gas through grip and CO2. After putting the pump on, marker wont chrono above 240 and experiences drops worse than that. That's right, velocity drops with a pump.

Switching to my 68/4500 hpa system w/ high pressure reg, I get the chrono values that I need, but still have random velocity drops, with HPA. Have added a Black Magic reg with no avail.

The only thing I can guess from here is a valve, but I fear spending more than it's worth.
A little "Old School" never hurt anyone.

#2 User is offline   Cullen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

View Postiaijunki62, on Oct 7 2009, 12:56 AM, said:

Maybe some of the more experienced Cocker-tinkerers can offer some input.

Picked up a trilogy sport for dirt cheap at a sports store and bought a pump kit to convert to stock. Pre-installation, marker was reasonably consistent with the stock gas through grip and CO2. After putting the pump on, marker wont chrono above 240 and experiences drops worse than that. That's right, velocity drops with a pump.

Switching to my 68/4500 hpa system w/ high pressure reg, I get the chrono values that I need, but still have random velocity drops, with HPA. Have added a Black Magic reg with no avail.

The only thing I can guess from here is a valve, but I fear spending more than it's worth.

did you switch the springs out? the sport comes springed for high pressure, so if you put a black magic reg on there you need to put low pressure springs. they are on ebay and some websites for 10 dollars or so.

if it worked fine before you put the pump kit on, then you may have not installed something correctly.

#3 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:31 PM

Did you put the springs back in the right spots? Is the valve spring properly seated inside the pump kit guide rod? What pump kit did you buy?

It's possible you accidentally swapped main and valve springs- on the Trilogy, they're kinda confusing at first, because the valve spring is SO long. Did you ever tinker with the valve? Did you fire the gun without the valve pin in? It's possible to dent the valve body with your hammer, although unlikely. The regulator will NOT help you, unless you change some other stuff. It's a lower pressure reg (300psi), and your gun should like to work at 800psi. Did you adjust the IVG at all (big hollow screw in the back of the lower tube, behind the mainspring)? If you used teflon tape when installing anything, that can get in your valve and cause problems.

Give us as much detail regarding what you changed, what you tinkered with, and stuff like that, and it makes it easier to help you out.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#4 User is offline   iaijunki62 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:iaijunki

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Thus far, the only things I have changed have been the pump kit (trinity model specifically for the trilogy) and the regulator. I'll try the gas-through grip again and see if I get any change. I've left the IVG in place, so the springs should be in their appropriate places. The only pieces removed were the front pneumatics when I installed the pump kit. Nothing was removed from the front of the gas tube either. I remember paying special attention to this. Is there any reason why removing the front pneumatics would have altered the pressure of the marker. I'm not sure what effects the front block's LPR has on the rest of the higher end autocockers.

And thanks for pointing out that the Black Magic regulator is low pressure, I hadn't thought about it being different. I assume if I want to continue to use it, I'm going to upgrade valve, hammer, spring?
A little "Old School" never hurt anyone.

#5 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Yup, you'd need to go with a 'normal' cocker valve (Trilogy size, still) like in the Trilogy Comp or Pro.

Did you remove the frame when putting on the pump kit? Maybe you put the frame screws back in the holes wrong, and the back screw is binding on the spring? Really, this is a weird problem to be having. Try shooting on CO2 (make sure your tank is full!) with the gas-through grip, and see what happens. Make sure you're sizing your paint, too- small paint will kill your velocity.

Check your air lines for debris.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users