• You cannot reply to this topic

x7 cyclone help

#1 User is offline   newbz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Newbz

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

when i get lowish on air my cyclone stops feeding balls, i can manually feed them, and i can get another 100 or so shots before velocity drops off, but it would be nice to have the cyclone keep working. i am pretty sure i saw on here somewhere about an upgrade part that will allow it to keep running on lower pressure?

if it matters this is with Co2

if i am getting the FPS range i need, would the strength of the spring i am using behind the hammer have any effect on this? (weaker spring=less co2 being let into the gun=when it runs lower not enough is getting in? i could be completly off here. ) i just added a weaker spring to get the velocity down some.

thanks for the ideas

#2 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

Install the Tech-T Vortex Ratchet at the minimum. The Tech-T upgrades increase the performance and reliability of the cyclone as well as reducing the amount of pressure needed to operate the cyclone. I have my cyclone upgraded and it feeds all the way until there is not enough pressure to re-cock the gun.

#3 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Twistedpsyche

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

That's a common problem with the cyclone. Doing the full TechT upgrade should eliminate that. Do the QEPH and the Lightening rod as well. And like above post says, it should cycle all the way to empty.

If you're using CO2 that could have an effect as well.
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.
MY FEEDBACK

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:53 AM

I hate upgrades needed to make things work the way they should in the first place.
-Ty

#5 User is offline   newbz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Newbz

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:49 AM

thanks that is what i was looking for.

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 24 2008, 02:58 AM, said:

Install the Tech-T Vortex Ratchet at the minimum. The Tech-T upgrades increase the performance and reliability of the cyclone as well as reducing the amount of pressure needed to operate the cyclone. I have my cyclone upgraded and it feeds all the way until there is not enough pressure to re-cock the gun.

#6 User is offline   tigar19 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

View Postnewbz, on Oct 24 2008, 02:49 AM, said:

when i get lowish on air my cyclone stops feeding balls, i can manually feed them, and i can get another 100 or so shots before velocity drops off, but it would be nice to have the cyclone keep working. i am pretty sure i saw on here somewhere about an upgrade part that will allow it to keep running on lower pressure?

if it matters this is with Co2

if i am getting the FPS range i need, would the strength of the spring i am using behind the hammer have any effect on this? (weaker spring=less co2 being let into the gun=when it runs lower not enough is getting in? i could be completly off here. ) i just added a weaker spring to get the velocity down some.

thanks for the ideas

Turn your cyclone over and remove those 4 screws and you'll see the ratchet in the middle. Make sure that where the ratchet and the cyclone housing touch, there is lube. I personally use white lithium grease and never had an issue. Also, make sure not to over tighten those 4 screws because then the ratchet will rub against that cover. Reuducint the amount of friction will require less air to keep it spinning.

CO2?? If you shoot fast enough I suppose liquid CO2 could enter your cyclone and freeze the stock plastic ratchet which could make it brittle??

A weaker spring behind the hammer does reduce the amount of air the valve releases which could affect your cyclone performance. If you do want to adjust the amount of air that gets released when thre hammer strikes the valve pin, you may want to check out JCS Rear Velocity Adjustment. This way you can adjust it so you can tweak your marker's performance unlike just changing the spring.

Another option is to install a palmer's stabilizer. They were specifically made for CO2 users to help stabilize their shot to shot consistency but they also work well for HPA users. They are adjustable so you can lower the operating pressure of the air that enters the tombstone.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

Well, you could weaken the piston return spring. This would make it operate at lower pressures, but it would feed slower, and if you cut it too much, it might not even feed. If you shoot too fast it might chop, since the spring is able to be compressed still, but the whole feeder rotates slower. I don't know if this is really a good idea.

You could try getting some bigger pneumatic hose and bigger barbs. Go to palmers pursuit shop and go to the 10-32 section of the air fittings. The stock tippmann hosing is 1/16" inside diameter, you could get 3/32 or 1/8 ID hosing. This would allow more air to flow, possibly lowering the min operating pressure. You also need to get new barbs for the bigger hosing. Just get 10-32 UEF to 1/8 ID tube Elbow Low Profile or 10-32 UEF to 3/32 ID tube

Get the corresponding size pneumatic hose here.

The upps in above posts are good.

I wonder if someone could make a ratchet with something with a lower co-efficient of friction, maybe like teflon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users