Special Ops Paintball: My new Alpha Black Tactical - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My new Alpha Black Tactical Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dtracker 

• Don't try to run. You'll only die tired! (SF)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Brothel Buster

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys this is my new alpha black. Just finished the primary coat and will be finishing up with a clearcoat. I used regular spray paint for plastic. Not sure how it will hold up. I'll let you know after next weekend.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: alphablack.jpg

#2 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

Wow! Thats different.Looks good! ;)

#3 User is offline   CHARGER42 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

ive already read some---but could you do a full technical review on the alpha black. ive been paintballin for a while now and am sick of borrowing guns and this one looks pretty good for the price. thanks

#4 User is offline   dtracker 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

View PostCHARGER42, on Mar 13 2008, 06:18 PM, said:

ive already read some---but could you do a full technical review on the alpha black. ive been paintballin for a while now and am sick of borrowing guns and this one looks pretty good for the price. thanks

I haven't been able to test it during a game yet. will be planning on putting it through the ringer next weekend. So far plinking in the yard it has been pretty good. I added the cylone which to my amaisment was very easy to modify to fit the alpha. This one mod I believe is going to be the difference maker. I'll let you know how it performs in hell next week. :alien:

#5 User is offline   dtracker 

• Pip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Hey Charger, I just got done with an all day event. I must admit the alpha performed above my expectations. The accuracy was surprising. I was eliminating guys by just slipping a ball through tight openings at some pretty good distances. It performed so well that I felt no need to change the stock barrel. I have to tell you for what you pay for this gun it is unbelievable how reliable and accurate it is. Adding the cyclone was a perfect mod. it as well performed perfectly. If I have one complaint it is that it is very time consuming to take strip and clean the internals. The weight wasn't too bad, I added a tactical sling which took the brunt of the weight. and expansion chamber for cold weather for co2 looks like a must. even with a remote I was having problems with getting the liquid gas inside the marker. causing a severe decrease in pressure. It was about 25 degrees today and I knew that the cold would be a problem going into this. With room temperature co2, I never had a problem with it. I should also note we had 6 A-5's on the course and only one of them would function properly. All the elpha blacks stayed in service all day without any issues. I should also let you know that I used a new paint that I got for 20 bucks per/2000. Not the best paint out there and I broke a couple of balls through the course of the day. I was able to bring my squigy with me and with the ease of the drop away cyclone I could clean it while under fire and I was back in buisness. Granted I retreated to a safer area before attempting it but I was back in bussiness withing a couple of seconds. As long as I didn't break more than a couple of balls the gun would work through it however accuracy did suffer like anyother marker. I will have to say that I will take this marker over an a-5 and continue to rack up the kills against more expensive markers. So far it is the best milsim marker for the money. I can only immagine how this marker will perform with a few upgrades like the expansion chamber and good paint.

#6 User is offline   Crog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Crog

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

How did the paint on the mask hold up? What brand of paint did you use?

#7 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

Eee! Why didnt you tape the threads on that barrel?

#8 User is offline   dtracker 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

View PostMonoxide, on Mar 25 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

Eee! Why didnt you tape the threads on that barrel?

Never crossed my mind until after the paint job. I only got paint on the o ring I just replaced it to avoid any potential problems.

#9 User is offline   dtracker 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:18 AM

View PostCrog, on Mar 23 2008, 08:21 PM, said:

How did the paint on the mask hold up? What brand of paint did you use?

the paint on the mask held up great. the front of the cyclone on the other hand took a beatin'. I seamed to take most of my hits right in the front. it is now back to the original black. I think that most of the problem was from the cold and it made the paint shells pretty hard I have the deep bruises to support that. :laugh: the paint is just simple plastic spay paint I got at the local home depot. as long as you are comfortable with the fact that it will chip go for it. other than that try something a little better. I only wish I had some recommendations for you. Is that tape on yours or paint? Looks good!

#10 User is offline   iromano 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Special Ops Assassin

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

View Postdtracker, on Mar 13 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

Hey guys this is my new alpha black. Just finished the primary coat and will be finishing up with a clearcoat. I used regular spray paint for plastic. Not sure how it will hold up. I'll let you know after next weekend.

Thats sweet. I was just thinking about painting my alpha black but i need a step-by-step thing to help me. i dont wanna screw up that great gun. Nice job :dodgy:

#11 User is offline   8harrison8 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:harrison

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

looks good man
the green is a little too glossy, unless its just wet
great job tho
i dont think your barrel is long enough dude haha
True paintballers rock pumps. Everyday I'm pumpin

#12 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

Hey, I just tested my alpha black in at a rec day, an I thought it was better than I expected, as in darn good! love the paint job, you run in multicam? Or is that just a cool color combo, in which case I recomend multicam.

#13 User is offline   delta recon 

• Recon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crack 22

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

i got basicly the same gun(bravo one) and i wuz wonderin wat type of paint you used

This post has been edited by delta recon: 02 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

#14 User is offline   tuflehundon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tuflehundon

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

I you want the paint to last a little longer, more prep work i necessary. Lightly sand all surfaces, use rubbing alcohol to clean the surface prior to paint, use a good primer. And to top it all off, bake the paint on in your oven, just put it on a sheet pan on an old towel and bake it at 150 degrees for an hour or so. Make sure you strip all of the internals of you do this. And remember that the marker will be hot for a while after you take it out. So wait a couple of hours before you reassemble it.

If you don't have time to do the prep work because you are in a hurry, then wait until you have more time. 30 minutes of prep work will save you hours in the long run because you have to strip it down and redo the work.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users