• You cannot reply to this topic

Operation: Dark Raven June 28 & 29 Kempner, TX Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Raadio 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Raadio

Post icon  Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

I don't know what you guys all have planned for the end of June. I'm suspecting LOTS of you will be at D-Day! But if you can't make it...and you REALLY want to find a fun game...Check this out:

http://www.viperpaintball.com/index.php?mo...id=2&pid=39

Here's a brief copy/paste from the page:

The date is June, 1979. A small city in the Ural Mountains known as Sverdlovsk is the objective of an urgent black op. Two months ago reports came in from operatives that over 60 people died "mysteriously" from contact with tainted meat. At least that was the "official" story. Autopsies proved differently, however, and the rumors traveled through underground networks and ended up as on op order on a desk in The Pentagon. And so "Operation Dark Raven" was born.

Although seemingly large for an operation of this type, an entire company of special operators will infiltrate the area to locate the facility, collect samples of anything they can find, photograph everything they see, and extract within 26 hours for debriefing. These numbers are needed due to the strong Soviet military presence in the area. Although the risk of discovery is eminent, the urgency of the mission dictates that it be completed without any chance of failure. Top advisors are confident that possession of proof of bio-weapons violations will serve to dissuade them from making our little "unexpected visit" an issue.

Will the U.S. troops be successful, or will they be defeated? Will this be a successful mission that will allow us to be prepared for future threats, or a failure that will create an international incident?

Once you're there, its minutes from Killeen, which is the home of Fort Hood so there is PLENTY of places to get food, hotels ect. And if you want to go the cheaper route, because if you are like me....you're on a budget...there is camping areas at the field and concessions on site!!! You can also get 3 or 4 folks and split a room so it comes out cheaper too!!! Just stay away from the beans!

Regardless...Viper events are a GREAT time and this one is sure to be just as fun. There are some new teams comming out, and CaptainMav and Myself (This event's commanders) are both great guys to play with and for!

If you're even THINKING about playing this game...GO! Of course I'd love to see you play on my side...but just as good...I'd love to see you play!!!

Think about it!

This post has been edited by Raadio: 30 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Raadio

Captain: Alter Ego - http://www.TeamAlterEgo.com
Proudly supported by:Tadao TechnologiesBob Long TechnologiesTanks PaintballVHoldR

"Play for the game...not the sport..." --John Tanksersly

#2 User is offline   WARRIOR ETHOS - ALLEN 

• Gear Freak
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ronin Recon-ALLEN

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:31 PM

Thought about it, and I'll be there!
Ronin Recon (The Anti-Team)
Invert Mini, 98C

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1