Special Ops Paintball: Guide with some basics of sniping - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guide with some basics of sniping Camo, tactics, guns, advice Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   sniper82 

• "Can you see me now?" .. No.. "Good"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:+sniper82

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

First what you need is not a gun or parts and kits and stuff. You need to develop the skills of a sniper. In paintball, unlike the movies Shooter, Enemy at the Gates, or Sniper, your weapon is the same as everyone else's for the most part. Basically all guns are created equal when you figure accuracy and range.

What you should start by doing is reading as many manuals on Sniping possible, I began with the military sniping manual which you can find on the internet (run a search for it on www.globalsecurity.org its found as FM 23-10). You can also find a lot of other helpful manuals on there. Ok but as for my advice on sniping, I would say you need to be sneaky first and observant. It sounds boring and unglamorous but you should practice moving quietly. You don't have to make it quite as HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON as it sounds though, just go hunting in the woods for squirrels or sparrows or something small, hard to see, and skittish. As you walk through the forest you will learn how to sneak faster yet quieter. Some tips I have right now are to put your heel or toe into the ground first to make as small of a mark as possible, then roll your foot to the rest of it. Never commit a step to holding you unless you feel or see there are no sticks or branches that can break under your foot.

You do not need a ghille suit. Many people say that you do, frankly I have sniped for 5 or 6 years without one. I would like to make one, but clearly it is not necessary. Instead of costly action ghille, or other camouflage systems get a pair of Camo BDU's that match the terrain you are in. Next get some camo paint that matches your area. Make sure that it is non glossy. You need to paint that black mask of yours now, it shows up so easily to good players. To paint your mask remove the goggles and put them somewhere safe. Before you begin painting I need you to find some fine grit sandpaper and lightly sand your mask where you will paint, this removes the glossy outside finish that repels paint. Now you need to find the color of paint that matches your leafs and foliage around your area, paint your mask with this color and let it dry to the touch. Then gather leafs, grass, and small branches that are found where you paintball. Lay them onto your mask over the first color, Arrange them fairly thick if you have a lot of vegetation. While keeping the foliage in place spray over them with your light color. Remove the leaves etc. and you will see that you left a camo pattern that has leafs and shadows in it. You may keep doing this until you get the desired result. You can reassemble the mask now and your head, the most visible part of your body is camouflaged for less than 10 dollars. By the way this is how the military camouflages weapons. Some other things you should do to your mask to help in concealment would be to tie dyed burlap or jute string through some of your ventilation holes, this will break up the outline of the neck and head area. Also once in the field, I usually grab vegetation out of the area im sniping in and put it around my head, using the elastic band to hold it in place. If you surround your head properly you are a bush to most eyes. Make sure that you have the right vegetation as your position changes. In example, no grass in the forest and no pine tree branches in a grassy field.

Camouflage your paintball gun, this includes the hopper etc. I know this is not smart if you want resale value but it help tons in sniping situations where only your gun is sticking out. To camouflage your gun you use the same methods as above. This time though you will want to get painters tape to keep the paint out of your internals. I disassembled my gun to do this and to be more accurate. You will have to remove old paint if you can, if not then sand it and clean it well so that the new coats stick to it.

Finally I will cover guns to use from my point of view. It honestly does not matter what gun you have. I will tell you my preferences. I do not like speedball guns for several reasons. They are shiny, shiny in the woods gets you shot, they are hard to crawl with, speedball guns are easily broken and cannot get very dirty without severely affecting performance. I am clearly in support of rugged woodsball guns like Tippmann. I have both a Tippmann A5 and a Tippmann 98, both are nearly impossible to mess up. Another gun I support is the Smartparts ION, I know I said I don't like speedball guns but this one is an exemption. The gun is extremely quiet, affordable, and it has some good accessories. The type of gun you want to snipe is one that you can make extremely reliable, comfortable, and accurate. I would not get a walmart cheap gun because chances are it will break in a year and have no upgradeability. Something to look for is a gun a lot of people have that woodsball in your area, I say this because you can buy their parts or try them before you buy them. Buy your own gear, if you don't have money then get a job, it is important to buy your own gear because you will research and only order what you really need.
Upgrades I recommend for your gun are listed in order of importance.

Camo: Get your gun camo'ed up.

New Barrel: 14-20 inches long, the longer ones are better for poking through foliage, whereas shorter are more maneuverable indoors or in tight areas. Look for one that is quiet and cleans easy. My barrel is the J&J ceramic 20 inch.

Smaller hopper: 50 rounds or less capacity, such as a Tac Cap for the A5 or just a small hopper for your standard gun. This will help you save paint and make your shots count. It is great to train with. With the money you save on paint you can buy better parts.

Sight: I would suggest getting a red dot sight or some other sight. I would stay away from scopes that magnify because they lower your field of view. This way you can sight your gun in.

Remote: Go remote for the ultimate maneuverability, look for a remote line that is tough though for when you crawl.

Stock/forend grip: This improves your steadiness along with the ergonomics of the weapon. Make sure you get a stock that allows you to see down the sights. Dogleg stocks do this, and some with cutouts for your mask. You may find one you like and can't see down the sights, then you need to get a raised or offset sight rail to use it.

Other tips and tricks:
+Camo your neck and area around the eyes with face paint, its often easy to spot flesh color.
+Shutup before games and always, never brag about being a sniper. Most people fear the quiet kid who just does his job.
+Observe the field ahead of time if you can, pick out areas that would make good sniper hides, make sure they have good escape routes and provide cover.
+Make mental notes of other players. Note the guns, camo patterns, and other characteristics which will help you identify opposing teams from a distance. Remember how many are on their team so you know if they are split up.
+Be patient, find a spot and stay hidden, chances are it will pay off if you found a good ambush sight.
+Decieve, if you are spotted and asked by the other team who you are, lie sound like someone from their team and let them be tricked, try to eliminate them before they can positively identify you.
+Flank, flank, flank get behind the enemy, stalk individual snipers on the other team, shoot and run.
+Be a chameleon, don't be afraid to look too obsessed with being hidden.
+Due to the inaccuracy of paintball guns don't be afraid to break the "one shot one kill" mentality. Most times it seems 2 or three shots is best, that gives one to miss one that doesn't break and one should eliminate them, the worst feeling in the world is blowing your cover to shoot someone only to miss cause you shot once then they hunt you down.

Feel free to reply with more questions or comments, and happy sniping!

sniper82

This post has been edited by sniper82: 21 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#2 User is offline   CrAzEd pumpkin 

• asian balla
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ROK

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

[post="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/the_true_paintball_sniper.asp"]HERE[/post]
^this might help some if you havent already gone over most of it- i didnt read all.
btw i hate paintball ''snipers and dont believe in them- no offence to you guys though..
-i got my avatar changed :(
-spyder owners club 115
-if you dont believe in paintball ''snipers'' or have never been shoot by a person in a ghillie put this in your sig
-98% of this forum this tippmann pwns all, if you are the 2% that disagree put this in your sig
-if your favorite fodd is peas put his in your sig :)

#3 User is offline   Mr. Accurate 

• 2000 paintballs = 2000 players eliminated
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:beckett

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

oh were out thereif you ever play at my field i let u know im there
sr-ambusher"sniper" #21
smart parts owner#129
ion Q-bow owner
tippmann owner #14
- JAK -

#4 User is offline   bionic redneck 

• Bang-Bang Shang-a-Lang
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bionic redneck

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

Agree with Accurate on that one.......What?........
-Bionic Redneck-
And behold a pale horse:and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

#5 User is offline   tomcatsharpshooter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tomcatsharpshooter

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

View PostCrAzEd pumpkin, on Dec 17 2007, 08:57 PM, said:

[post="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/the_true_paintball_sniper.asp"]HERE[/post]
^this might help some if you havent already gone over most of it- i didnt read all.
btw i hate paintball ''snipers and dont believe in them- no offence to you guys though..

when you play walk on players you usually get this idea

#6 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

oh i like the one shot one kill advice :D (probably because i never get a one shot one kill.....) lol

#7 User is offline   tomcatsharpshooter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

View Postranger111133, on Dec 20 2007, 08:51 PM, said:

oh i like the one shot one kill advice :D (probably because i never get a one shot one kill.....) lol

lol never???

#8 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

View Postsniper82, on Dec 17 2007, 11:58 AM, said:

+Cheat, if you are spotted and asked by the other team who you are, lie sound like someone from their team and let them be tricked, try to eliminate them before they can positively identify you.

sniper82

And there goes your integrity...

#9 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

View Posttomcatsharpshooter, on Dec 20 2007, 09:54 PM, said:

View Postranger111133, on Dec 20 2007, 08:51 PM, said:

lol never???

well....i'v gotton one of them :) lol usualy i shot like 2 shots (it's because of my stupid trigger happy finger! agh!)

#10 User is offline   sniper82 

• PipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:56 AM

View PostSteed, on Dec 21 2007, 07:31 AM, said:

View Postsniper82, on Dec 17 2007, 11:58 AM, said:

+Cheat, if you are spotted and asked by the other team who you are, lie sound like someone from their team and let them be tricked, try to eliminate them before they can positively identify you.

sniper82

And there goes your integrity...

Not really if you are friends with them like I am its more of a tactical move. They are used to our trickery, its one thing to wipe or call yourself out and start shooting, this is like spying or such. I probably should remove the word cheat though for the people that don't read that right. :D
A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#11 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

if you tell them you're on a different team then you are, then it's cheating, if you hide your colours or intentionally disguise your team it's cheating,

you my friend are cheating and would receive kudos bonus balls from many folks on many fields, and you can't be that good of friends with them if you're frauding them in a friendly game of paintball.

.. it's like: "you can make more money selling furniture if you charge double and give them the scratch and dents... but it's alright because it's my friends! .. and i only rip off my friends!"

.. and your 'sniper' guide and tips... i won't even begin to tear that apart.. all i can say, is that anyone readingthis thread looking for tips, please look elsewhere, and forget most of what you just read. (a 20" barrel? .. gimme a break!!)

This post has been edited by P V: 21 December 2007 - 09:52 AM

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#12 User is offline   sniper82 

• PipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Think what you would like but they are friends, they understand it is a game of deception. P V feel free to post your tearing apart of my advice, unless of course you cannot back it up with any substantial proof as to its worthlessness. I would rather hear other peoples points of view then simply have them tell me I have no friends and they would light me up because I outwitted them.

#13 User is offline   tomcatsharpshooter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

of course if someone asks what team im on i say silver and shoot and retreat find a better spot and ambush them down the road

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users