• You cannot reply to this topic

Ricochet For the A-5 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   speed kills 

• The Elemanator
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:speedkills

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:08 PM

I have used my hopper three times and it already has two cracks. The material that it is made out of did't seem very durable when I first got it. This has been proven to be true. I don't recall droping it or banging into anything. I have the smoke color, so I don't know if the black one is any better. As far as the deflection of balls it has to be better then the stock model. I have never seen a ball bounce off my hopper, I did have a couple break.

#2 User is offline   Mori 

• An Authentic Reproduction
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mori

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

I have one too.

The bottom right side of it broke off, so whenever i turn too fast or touch it, it comes off making me lose all my balls. I had to duct tape it on.

It hardly ever deflects a ball, and when it does, it just gets sent into your mask.

In case you haven't already noticed, I HATE this hopper. The only reason I still have it is because my local shop doesn't have any A-5 hoppers, and they can only order the Richocets.

2/10 only because it can hold the damn balls when it isn't breaking.

#3 User is offline   john10598 

• TEAM HAZARDOUS
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_JUNKIE

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:15 AM

I have the R-5 i got shot once in it and it didnt hurt it idk maybe u guys got faulty ones mine is black i dont see why there would be a difference in the two tho sorry that sucks.

#4 User is offline   BGARanger 

• Tourney Guy - n00b helper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BGARanger

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

Sounds like a faulty batch. Check where your local store gets them from? If they aren't coming straight from the manufacturer then I'd be a little wary. These hoppers are a great improvement over the stock A-5 hopper. The stock hopper has a flat round area on the front which is a great target, and will sometimes break with a direct hit to it. I've never personally seen a ball 'ricochet' off the design, but it's a harder to hit target, and they should be less prone to breaking with a direct hit.

#5 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:15 PM

I think I heard somewhere that the black ones were actually stronger than the smoke ones. It must have something to do with the see-through aspect of the material. Also, it may not deflect many paintballs, but it's still a smaller target than the A-5's stock hopper. I also have two questions. Does the "stealth lined" version work well? And does the hopper load cleanly? (I used a non-powered ricochet with a standard size feed-neck and it jammed up like crazy. Maybe the wide feed neck for the R5 works better?) B)
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users