Air? what setup do you have? how much do you use? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   anacondatm 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:anacondatm

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:02 AM

hey guys,
i was trying to get an idea of what you walk onto the field with in terms of Air?

Personally i tend to go in with 20oz Co2, 1-2 backup spare tanks in the back up area.
I don't mind the Co2... it's not as consistent as the Compressed air... but when i'm running
full auto, or close to... i always find i can squeeze more shots out of a Co2 tank...

how big are your tanks? using full auto? semi? what kinda air systems are you using? how many
shots are you getting?

i took a quick look, and didn't see anything about this specifically to broadswords... my apologees if
this is covered somewhere else.
Anacondatm's Feedback | "close is only good in horse shoes, and hand grenades" - Grandpa

#2 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

I use an 88/3000 tank, with my SP-8 that's about a case of a paint, give or take a few hundred rounds. That's using a ramping mode, which (IMO, anyway) is a bout Same-same as an RT on a tippmann.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#3 User is offline   newach 

• STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

20 oz Co2 Pure Energy Tank
Mr1 Semi auto
Procaps Remote system
2 9oz back up tanks(1 in each cargo pocket)

This set is the perfect set up for me :D
I love it :P
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#4 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

Pure energy 110 ci 4500 psi.

Unsure about much of the tank on my A5 because the first game I was going to test it out during I found that my A5 is messing up big time and just shredding paint and uncontroled full auto.

72ci 3000 psi

I use this on my Ion still a huge tank to use on it but I like it gets me around 1000 shots give or take I wasn't really paying much attention as I was being shot at and counting was the last thing on my mind while looking for the closest big tree / bunker.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#5 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

68 cu 3000 psi, not so good witht the A-5 efficenticy wise but i get unlimited refills and its better for full auto/ the cyclone.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

#6 User is offline   anacondatm 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

View PostRavenlord, on Apr 18 2007, 05:32 PM, said:

68 cu 3000 psi, not so good witht the A-5 efficenticy wise but i get unlimited refills and its better for full auto/ the cyclone.

whats your main fire mode / style? ... how many shots do you typically get out of a tank?

i was looking at maaayyyybe getting the Crossfire 92/4500 HP tank... should work right? i was told Tippmanns need high
pressure, and over 800psi per shot to be effective... <-- please correct me if i'm wrong there... anyways, assuming it DOES
work... i'm a little curious how many shots i can get? i usually use 3 shot burst, some full-auto, that style of fire.
Anacondatm's Feedback | "close is only good in horse shoes, and hand grenades" - Grandpa

#7 User is offline   Li-san 

• Away for Army Basic Training
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:54 PM

View Postanacondatm, on Apr 18 2007, 06:58 PM, said:

View PostRavenlord, on Apr 18 2007, 05:32 PM, said:

whats your main fire mode / style? ... how many shots do you typically get out of a tank?

i was looking at maaayyyybe getting the Crossfire 92/4500 HP tank... should work right? i was told Tippmanns need high
pressure, and over 800psi per shot to be effective... <-- please correct me if i'm wrong there... anyways, assuming it DOES
work... i'm a little curious how many shots i can get? i usually use 3 shot burst, some full-auto, that style of fire.

How many shots can I get with compressed air?

I have an A5 and an Ion. The A5 has an RT and I usually have my Ion set to 3-burst. Since my Ion is more efficient, of course I'll get more shots out of my tank.

This post has been edited by Li-san: 18 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

Team WITHOUT WARNING: Proud Member of Team DMS - Sponsored by http://www.dmspaintball.com
"MOVE OR DON' T MOVE. IF I SEE YOU I'LL SHOOT YOU. WITH OR WITHOUT WARNING."

#8 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:06 AM

i use my trusty 114ci 4500psi tank i get about a case and a couple hundred out of it
and my 72ci 3000psi get about 800-880 out of it don't really ever have to use it
gunner

This post has been edited by Gunner.30: 19 April 2007 - 07:07 AM

SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#9 User is offline   anacondatm 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:30 AM

View PostGunner.30, on Apr 19 2007, 07:06 AM, said:

i use my trusty 114ci 4500psi tank i get about a case and a couple hundred out of it
and my 72ci 3000psi get about 800-880 out of it don't really ever have to use it
gunner

HOLY CRAP thats a big tank!
Whats your shooting style?

#10 User is offline   dillz 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:02 PM

View Postanacondatm, on Apr 19 2007, 09:30 AM, said:

gunner

Hhmmmmm must be the same style I have go in with around a case of paint and come out with almost none... but the bunkrs are all kinds of cool colors now and in fact so is the other team :panzer:

#11 User is offline   Gunner.30 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gunner.50

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

View Postdillz, on Apr 19 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

gunner

Hhmmmmm must be the same style I have go in with around a case of paint and come out with almost none... but the bunkrs are all kinds of cool colors now and in fact so is the other team :panzer:

haha u are right my friend i bring about a case and ahalf and use all or all but a pod or two yeah its fun watching the bunkers turn diffrent colors its almost like they are one of those things that changes colors or something :D
gunner :panzer:
SPEC. OPS. SWORD BEACH '07 *INVASION *OF* NORMANDY*
My grandma always used to say," Some men wear makeup, some men carry big guns, which one would you rather be?"-JKLNHYD
BROADSWORD
-we bring the fire to the firefight

#12 User is offline   anacondatm 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

View PostGunner.30, on Apr 19 2007, 06:20 PM, said:

gunner

haha u are right my friend i bring about a case and ahalf and use all or all but a pod or two yeah its fun watching the bunkers turn diffrent colors its almost like they are one of those things that changes colors or something :D
gunner :panzer:

NICE! any idea where i can pick one up? i can't seem to find one bigger then 92ci/4500 for sale :(

#13 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

My DM5 is feed by a Pure Energy 68/4500 or Crossfire 68/3000 tank that is on my marker.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#14 User is offline   dillz 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

View Postanacondatm, on Apr 19 2007, 08:32 PM, said:

gunner

Hhmmmmm must be the same style I have go in with around a case of paint and come out with almost none... but the bunkrs are all kinds of cool colors now and in fact so is the other team :)

haha u are right my friend i bring about a case and ahalf and use all or all but a pod or two yeah its fun watching the bunkers turn diffrent colors its almost like they are one of those things that changes colors or something :dry:
gunner :laugh:

NICE! any idea where i can pick one up? i can't seem to find one bigger then 92ci/4500 for sale :(

Finally a Broadsword that loves throwing paint as much as I do just love the look on faces as the hoppers empty over and over and the bunker just keep getting painted.

As for the Air tank heres the one I have
Action Village 110ci 4500psi Pure energy tank

there ya are man this is the tank I have they are out of stock as of the post of this but I'd bet they will have more shortly.

This post has been edited by dillz: 19 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

#15 User is offline   anacondatm 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

View Postdillz, on Apr 19 2007, 07:38 PM, said:

View Postanacondatm, on Apr 19 2007, 08:32 PM, said:

gunner

Hhmmmmm must be the same style I have go in with around a case of paint and come out with almost none... but the bunkrs are all kinds of cool colors now and in fact so is the other team :laugh:

haha u are right my friend i bring about a case and ahalf and use all or all but a pod or two yeah its fun watching the bunkers turn diffrent colors its almost like they are one of those things that changes colors or something ;)
gunner :wacko:

Finally a Broadsword that loves throwing paint as much as I do just love the look on faces as the hoppers empty over and over and the bunker just keep getting painted.

As for the Air tank heres the one I have
Action Village 110ci 4500psi Pure energy tank

there ya are man this is the tank I have they are out of stock as of the post of this but I'd bet they will have more shortly.

hehehe yeah... broadsword... walls of paint flying away from me... the screams of fear from grown men in their bunkers...
so fun... now if only gallons of spray counted as a kill :D

whoa. Not nearly as expensive as i would have thought either.

hey by anychance does anyone know if this fits in the special ops broadsword 6 vest? I read somewhere that they only support
up to 92ci.... however the only difference from what i can tell looking at the pictures of both the 92ci, and the 110ci, is that
the 110 is a little taller? Any experience with this anyone?

This post has been edited by anacondatm: 20 April 2007 - 06:34 AM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users