• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

D-Day Full Auto Shoot Want to get some real trigger time? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Once again, the Commonwealth will be hosting a military style full auto shoot. The shoot will be held on Thursday, June 11 this year. It will start at about 9:30 AM and will end at about 2:30 PM. The convoy to the range will leave the Commonwealth compound at 9:00 AM, so don't be late. Please bring your own vehicle or make arrangements to ride with someone. This shoot is open for anyone. The minimum age limit is 12 years old. Minors under 18 years old MUST be accompanied by a LEGAL parent or guardian. No Exceptions. Please don't ask if 11 years and 11 months is close enough, because it isn't. For 2009, the cost to register is a non-refundable $85 and you have to buy the rounds on site. The cost of the rounds is extremely reasonable and offsets the initial preregistration fee. You may not bring your own real steel or bullets, but you can show up and take all the pics and video you want, at no charge. We had 46 shooters in 2008. We will also be offering belt fed weapons this year. We do feature various household appliances and cars for the shooters to blow up. Yes, I said BLOW UP.

These are last years prices, but they shouldn't be too much different for this year. I will post up the prices on belt fed rounds and loose rounds, as soon as I know them.

.45 apc per 30rd mag will be $15.00
9mm per 30rd mag will be $10.00
.30 carb per 20rd mag will be 10.00
.308 per 20rd mag will be $15.00
7.62x39 per 30rd mag will be $10.00
.223/5.56 per 30rd mag will be $15.00
.223/5.56 per 20rd mag will be $10.00

There were some .45 drum mags and some AK drum mags, but I can't remember how much they were.

Those persons who wish to register must send an EMAIL to Sir Raymond at HarlyHunk@hotmail.com and include the names and ages of the shooters, as of June 11, 2009. You will receive an email back, stating the final cost and which PayPal account to submit the funds to. There must be at least 30 shooters signed up for prereg for the shoot to go on. After the prereg limit is met, walk ons will be allowed at the same price of $85. Prereg will end at midnight on May 22, 2009. The prereg limit is set by the owner of the weapons, so he will ensure it is worth his while to do this.

Please drop me an email at HarlyHunk@hotmail.com, if you have any specific questions and visit us at www.ddaycommonwealth.com .

Cheers
Posted Image Posted Image
Commonwealth Commanding Officer, OK D-Day
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#2 User is offline   DeltaX 

• ION Spec Ops Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeltaX

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:16 AM

Where is this being held at? Which state is it in?

#3 User is offline   Silentkill 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nightsnipa

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

View PostDeltaX, on Feb 14 2009, 10:16 AM, said:

Where is this being held at? Which state is it in?

Oklahoma D-Day.

#4 User is offline   pool_boy47 

• A5's lead the way
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:the_muffin_man

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Don't you think that's is a bit much for the price of ammo? It does not coast that much to buy rounds.

#5 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

This would be true, if you were allowed to buy and use your own rounds. But, by the same token, you would have the added expense of purchase permit, buying a weapon and fees for a Class 3 firearms license (If it were full auto). Anyone can go to the Sportsman's Guide and buy bulk rounds for pennies per round. Here is an example of a very quick, broad internet comparison between retail prices and the full auto vendor prices. Retail first, then vendor. I could not find ready retail prices on .30 cal carbine or AK rounds.

.223/5.56 NATO $1.19 to $1.50 each $.50 each (Way cheap)
9mm $.22 to $.64 each $.33 each (Right in the ballpark)
.45 ACP $.38 to $.50 each $.50 each (Upper end, but still right there)
.308/7.62 NATO $1.85 to $2.60 each $.75 each (Way cheap)

If the prices didn't look good, I wouldn't sponsor the shoot.

Cheers
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#6 User is offline   Chekotai86 

• Shadows of War Scenario Paintball Productions Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHEKOTAI

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Sir Raymond beat me to the punch. Try to find prices like his at anywhere else and you will be at least double (for some of them) and unless you HAVE a Level 3 license, you can't (legally) use full auto. This is one of the best opportunities to get out there and have some fun with full auto fire. If I have some extra cash come D-Day, this is where I have already decided to spend it. (Yes Sir Raymond, I know it is pay in advance, I am just saying around the time of the last opportunity to get involved. lol)
And Shepherds we shall be. For Thee, my Lord for Thee, Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filli, et Spiritu Sancti.

Shadows of War Paintball Scenario Productions

#7 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

Please, please, please be very careful with the kids. It wasn't so long ago at one of these types of events that a 10 year old shot himself in the head with an Uzi - he couldn't control the recoil & the handler wasn't close enough to step in and assist.

Not the slam these types of events - just looking for everyone to be safe.

#8 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Thank you for your concern. The event in Westfield, Mass. was a most unfortunate and horrifying accident. So many things went wrong and for an eight year old boy to lose his life is a true tragedy. This will be the third shoot that I have sponsored. Myself and the other range masters are either former military or retired military. The minimum age for a shooter is 12 years old. If the shooter is under the age of 18, his/her parent is responsible for the safety of that shooter, not for taking pictures. Someone else can do that.
Come on out and join us at OK D-day.

Cheers
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#9 User is offline   Dinadin 

• St. Louis Samurai
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dinadin

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

View PostChekotai86, on Feb 14 2009, 02:43 PM, said:

unless you HAVE a Level 3 license, you can't (legally) use full auto.

That is entirely not true. The federal government does not require you to have a Class 3 license to own a NFA weapon. It is upto the state to decide their requirements. Here in Missouri you only need a FFL of some sort, which includes a Curios and Relics Collectors license, which is fairly easy to get. Once you have completed your state's requirements, if they allow NFA items, then you go through the Federal government's paperwork and pay the $200 tax.

Chekotai86 if you are going to be at Smak Zone sometime this year let me know.

HarlyHunk what are some examples of what you will have available at the shoot? I am thinking about going to this shoot, if nothing else to get some good video.
Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration
Smak Zone Paintball
St. Louis Samurai Scenario Paintball

The only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

#10 User is offline   Chekotai86 

• Shadows of War Scenario Paintball Productions Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHEKOTAI

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostDinadin, on Mar 21 2009, 06:25 PM, said:

View PostChekotai86, on Feb 14 2009, 02:43 PM, said:

unless you HAVE a Level 3 license, you can't (legally) use full auto.

That is entirely not true. The federal government does not require you to have a Class 3 license to own a NFA weapon. It is upto the state to decide their requirements. Here in Missouri you only need a FFL of some sort, which includes a Curios and Relics Collectors license, which is fairly easy to get. Once you have completed your state's requirements, if they allow NFA items, then you go through the Federal government's paperwork and pay the $200 tax.

Chekotai86 if you are going to be at Smak Zone sometime this year let me know.

HarlyHunk what are some examples of what you will have available at the shoot? I am thinking about going to this shoot, if nothing else to get some good video.

Huh... didn't know that. Will have to check into those rules and laws a bit more.

As to Smak Zone. I MIGHT be able to make it to FFO, but OES is a big no at this point. No money for it. Barely looking like I can put it together for D-Day.
And Shepherds we shall be. For Thee, my Lord for Thee, Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filli, et Spiritu Sancti.

Shadows of War Paintball Scenario Productions

#11 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Here is a short list of available weapons.

AK47, M16, M4, M14, STG58/FAL, AK74, AC556/Mini14, MP5, M11A1/MAC11, M60, FN30/M1919, Thompson .45.

See you all at OK D-Day.

Cheers
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#12 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

If we plan on going to take pictures will we need to be accompanied by a parent?

#13 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

No parent needed to play at photo-journalist. Take all the pics you want.

Cheers
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#14 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

We have enough preregs now. THE FULL AUTO SHOOT IS A GO!!! We'll take all walk-ons at $85 a head.

Cheers
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users