Special Ops Paintball: Dagger/Ghost Flanker ghillie hood how-to - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dagger/Ghost Flanker ghillie hood how-to Lightweight, low profile headgear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

I like ghillie suits for their concealment factor, but no full suit is light enough for my Dagger/Ghost Flanker needs. So I thought I would just use the hood from my (cough:homemade:cough) ghillie suit, but it was still too long and too heavy. But where there's a will there's a way, so I decided I'd make one from scratch.

And since I know that when I'm reading a how-to I always skip to the pictures and then read the instructions, I'm gonna post the results first. Hooray!Attached File  DSC05196.JPG (781.93K)
Number of downloads: 3

First, I started with a piece of 1" square netting that was large enough to drape just down to the base of my neck. I then cut some old woodland fabric that was layin' around into squiggly strips. The strips of fabric are squiggly so that the whole thing doesn't just lay flat on my head. I then tie the stips in half onto the netting so that half of the strip is on one side of the knot and half of the strip is on the other. Grab the next strip, tie in a knot, lather, rinse, repeat.
Attached File  DSC05204.JPG (759.94K)
Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC05205.JPG (807.43K)
Number of downloads: 1

The final product is a hood that is perfect for those situations when you wanna slowly peek out of your cover and don't want the opposition seeing a nice big mask and lense staring at them. Or if you're using a stand of weeds or other soft cover and don't exactly feel like getting hit.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated, this is version 1.0 so It could stand to be improved

Supergyro out.

This post has been edited by Supergyro: 24 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#2 User is offline   Bufger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:05 AM

I like it but there is still a clear line at the top of your mask that makes it stick out like a mask. Maybe for a version 1.1 you could drape a bit of the netting over the front top part to break up the shape which would help?

Its a great job though, let us know how it performs and how comfortable it is!

#3 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

The hood is loose so I could definitely lower it over the mask. and I'm thinking of getting an AG density upgrade for some different texture.
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users