• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JCS Gold Power tube Opinions? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   AbbaZaba 

• A▓ Sa.da.tay
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Recently got a RVA on my A5 and am curious about JCS's gold power tube and if it delivers what it promises. Since the RVA really is just fine adjustment, I guess I would consider a spring kit as well. Any thoughts/ opinions?
Proud owner of an A5-AK and A5 w/ RT
-//-\\-//-\\-
Tree City PB Revival

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

View PostAbbaZaba, on Oct 10 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

Recently got a RVA on my A5 and am curious about JCS's gold power tube and if it delivers what it promises. Since the RVA really is just fine adjustment, I guess I would consider a spring kit as well. Any thoughts/ opinions?

Got that backwards.
RVA is for major velocity adjustments, FVA (powertube VA) is for small ones.

And jcs doesn't promise anything with this product

JCS Gold no FVA
R/T-Cyclone Hole: Yes FVA: No
aka "Goldmember" for A5 or X7 Markers
This tube is for users with custom applications.
Not intended for new users. For users with custom marker setups. The GOLD P/T Special NO FVA. Constructed like #75155, but gold anodized. It DOES NOT HAVE a front velocity adjuster. If your marker is setup with the front velocity adjuster (F.V.A.) full open, this product is for you. THIS ITEM SHOULD NOT BE USED WITHOUT A VELOCITY CONTROLLING DEVICE INSTALLED ON THE MARKER, SUCH AS JCS #66148 and a regulator. Therefore, JCS does not recommend this item for new players. Instead, buy item 75155, which has velocity control.
This product is a specialty item and does not work with all gun setups.

SpecOps Listing:

Improve the performance and efficiency of your Tippmann A-5 with the JCS A-5 "Golden Member" Power Tube. This power tube is for use only with an RVA or stocks with a rear velocity adjuster.

Performance is relative and really doesn't mean anything in particular.

Efficiency - By using just the RVA you are controlling the amount of air coming out of the valve to fire the paintball which will reduce wasted gas. Without the FVA there will be slightly less turbulence on the air exiting the powertube. So the answer is yes slightly, you'll gain a minuscule amount of better efficiency that you'll hardly notice when compared to the stock tube. As a secondary effect if you use CO2 the more durable metal construction will hold up better to rapid fire applications where the stock powertube may crack due to dramatic temp fluctuations.

#3 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

also if you want this opens up the option to run liquid CO2 if you can finagle a siphon tank...
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#4 User is offline   AbbaZaba 

• A▓ Sa.da.tay
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the answers guys. Lost track of this topic too for some reason. Anyway, I forgot where I first saw this tube- hyped up apparently I see now.

Also did a little research and learned that some of that turbulence created by the FVA helps direct some air to the cyclone and response trigger(correct me if I'm wrong).

And thisissparta- since I use HPA, I'm staying stock. Yeah I bet it'd require some finagling-- I've heard those tanks are a thing of the past...
Proud owner of an A5-AK and A5 w/ RT
-//-\\-//-\\-
Tree City PB Revival

#5 User is offline   Ghostduck 

• Quack! Quack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostduck

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

View PostAbbaZaba, on Oct 15 2008, 11:29 PM, said:

Thanks for the answers guys. Lost track of this topic too for some reason. Anyway, I forgot where I first saw this tube- hyped up apparently I see now.

Also did a little research and learned that some of that turbulence created by the FVA helps direct some air to the cyclone and response trigger(correct me if I'm wrong).

And thisissparta- since I use HPA, I'm staying stock. Yeah I bet it'd require some finagling-- I've heard those tanks are a thing of the past...

Your assumption of the FVA is correct.. However with QEV's and Cyclone upgrade kits such as those from TechT Paintball will reduce the amount of exhaust pressures needed to operate those functions. You can pretty much lose the FVA and maintain some pretty consistent rates using an RVA and different sets of springs for the Hammer. If you really want to get nitty gritty, then you would need to go into using a Stabilizer or additional regulator, or even a Low Pressure Kit.
Proud Member of the Scottish Teabag Society

#6 User is offline   Nelos 

• Master of my domain.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nelos

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

I have a question of my own due to the confusion I'm having from the part "if your marker is setup with the front velocity adjuster (F.V.A.) full open, this product is for you." My question is how can you tell whether or not your velocity adjuster is full open? Do you need to have a regulator "aka" a A VELOCITY CONTROLLING DEVICE installed as well? My stock power tube has a crack in it, and I would like to get it replaced before my next game in April. Also, I have a R/T so I want something that is compatible such as the JCS Gold.

#7 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

Simple really. There is no hole in the power tube for a velocity adjuster.
So yes you would need some other way to change the velocity like a rear adjuster or a reulator.

Keep in mind though...the JCS Gold power tubes do not have holes for the R/T system. So it will not work with yours.

But....JCS has an alternative. The 98 Blew Tube.
The 98 Blew Tubehas both holes for the velocity adjusting screw and the R/T system. A great replacement for cracked tubes.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 15 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

#8 User is offline   Nelos 

• Master of my domain.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nelos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 15 February 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

Simple really. There is no hole in the power tube for a velocity adjuster.
So yes you would need some other way to change the velocity like a rear adjuster or a reulator.

Keep in mind though...the JCS Gold power tubes do not have holes for the R/T system. So it will not work with yours.

But....JCS has an alternative. The 98 Blew Tube.
The 98 Blew Tubehas both holes for the velocity adjusting screw and the R/T system. A great replacement for cracked tubes.

This'll work on an A-5? Sorry meant to specify that it was for an A-5.

#9 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

View PostNelos, on 16 February 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

This'll work on an A-5? Sorry meant to specify that it was for an A-5.

No, that answer was specifically aimed at replacing a stock m98 power tube.

For the A5 you are going to want the A5/X7 Red Hot power tube.

Same company, differnet page on their web site. Check out the link and you will see all the same features I discribed above.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users