Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:59 AM

oooo ill try to keep this stuff in mind when i start playing paintball ^^
[including the replies.. some of them helped quite a bit]

#17 User is offline   Enleft 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

I was not trying to say that it makes a difference what gear you use, but if your just starting out, stick to grear that works, rather than looks cool or challenges you.
P.S. I play with a tippmann c3

#18 User is offline   Jsnook S-113 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SG1OFTHETARI

Post icon  Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Its not the gear you use its how you use it. I use a spyder pilot acs, and i've done pretty good with it. i will admit i had to practice with it for a while but when is practice bad for you. if practice ever becomes bad for you please tell me. oh and the worst mistake i made was an AF vs Army game were it was my bro and some of his army buddies vs me and some of my Air Force buddies. man did they stomp us. hell our sniper didn't even have a chance. 30 min into the game my whole team was eliminated.

#19 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

ok, talking as a big guy here, don't stereotype the position to a body type. i can play dagger (in fact i usually run snake when i play speedball), and i weigh 240 lbs without gear! if the guy can hack the running, and can use cover effectively, then he can play dagger. Really dagger is more a mindset and less a restriction of gear and body type.
p.
as for mistakes, work with your buddies. Don't bunker without covering fire unless you have no other choice.

MOVE! Dont hesitate, don't second guess. if you are going to screw up, do it with style. you are a DAGGER for crying out loud!

Again, MOVE! don't stagnate. Keep moving from cover to cover. make the opfor guess where you are hiding and coming from. If they see you going around the corner, change directions and come out the other side they aren't expecting you from!

Snapshooting is a must. practice high/low positions. snap high, then next time you pop out, snap low. mix it up.

Do something really friggin agressive! get into the opfor's head. Make a huge bunkering move and rock the opfor onto their heels. Play the mental game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#20 User is offline   Matt_Mann 

• Comander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Matt_Man

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:39 PM

im usually comander but every once in a while i play dagger. im 6 ft tall and use a 14 inch barrel on my a5 and im pretty succesful when i play. point is as long as you can haul butt it doesnt matter how big you are, and you dont need a 3 inch barrel. (keep it under 14 inches though :laugh: )
The game of paintball...has been a very very good to me

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users