• You cannot reply to this topic

Coming to Virgina Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

So after two years in Vegas with minimal paintball, I'm PCSing to Virgina. I've seen a few events headlined on the forum, but not many. What are the good fields for open play? For events? I'm not looking for a team as I'll be transplanting mine to Langley. I am looking for some teams who'd be interested in some practice games some time.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#2 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Not sure about goods fields in Virgina but if you ever want to venture down to North Carolina Command Decision has some of the best scenarios around. There big game Fulda Gap is coming up in November. 500+ players and it is a 3 day event. They have a thread in this section.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#3 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

View PostCptObvious, on Jul 20 2009, 03:10 AM, said:

So after two years in Vegas with minimal paintball, I'm PCSing to Virgina. I've seen a few events headlined on the forum, but not many. What are the good fields for open play? For events? I'm not looking for a team as I'll be transplanting mine to Langley. I am looking for some teams who'd be interested in some practice games some time.

You say you are moving to Langley, Virginia. Fairfax County of York County VA.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#4 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Warplay Paintball roughly midway between Washington, DC and Richmond is an excellent place for woodsball. It's not the largest so it can't host any massive events but it's high quality and the field layout promotes the need/use for proper team tactics.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#5 User is offline   JayFraud 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JayFraud

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

View Postjosef_k, on Jul 21 2009, 09:06 PM, said:

Warplay Paintball roughly midway between Washington, DC and Richmond is an excellent place for woodsball. It's not the largest so it can't host any massive events but it's high quality and the field layout promotes the need/use for proper team tactics.

This is great to hear about Warplay. I have a group of 6 coming to play there at the end of August. Thanks for the info!

- JayFraud
Team Reservoir Dogs
http://scpaintballonline.com

#6 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Cpt, I'm only about 20 minutes away from Langly on Bolling AFB, I'm just starting to check out the local fields myself. If you want someone to carpool with, just let me know.

#7 User is offline   Wallace 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wallace

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

View PostCptObvious, on Jul 20 2009, 02:10 AM, said:

long time no see. last time I talk to you was.......awhile ago. lol,so good fields? how far are you looking to travel? there is a few fields here in Va. I'll throw in the websites for ya. if you ever stop a splat brothers. looks us up on the forms or say hi at the field.
http://www.newkentpaintballgames.com/
http://www.skylinepaintball.com/
http://www.theswampfunpark.com/
http://www.foxbrotherspaintball.com/
http://www.splatbrothers.com/ <-------largest field in Va
http://www.pevspaintball.com/

Give the order and I'll take them all.

#8 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

View Postheadhunter2, on Jul 21 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

Not sure about goods fields in Virgina but if you ever want to venture down to North Carolina Command Decision has some of the best scenarios around. There big game Fulda Gap is coming up in November. 500+ players and it is a 3 day event. They have a thread in this section.

Thanks. I saw the spiel about Fulda Gap. Unfortunatly I'll be getting in VA at the end of Dec.

View Postjosef_k, on Jul 21 2009, 09:06 PM, said:

Thats good. I've moved away from going to huge events. I enjoy the smaller events more.

View PostChaos, on Jul 22 2009, 01:42 PM, said:

Cpt, I'm only about 20 minutes away from Langly on Bolling AFB, I'm just starting to check out the local fields myself. If you want someone to carpool with, just let me know.

Awesome. I'll let ya know. When I get there I'll be looking for new team members, so if you have anyone else on Bolling that plays, and ya'll are looking for a team, let me know.

View PostWallace, on Jul 28 2009, 05:28 AM, said:

long time no see. last time I talk to you was.......awhile ago. lol,so good fields? how far are you looking to travel? there is a few fields here in Va. I'll throw in the websites for ya. if you ever stop a splat brothers. looks us up on the forms or say hi at the field.

Yea, has been a long long time, eh. I'll be willing to travel to the surrounding states. Hell, from here I've traveled as far north as Salt Lake City, and also gone into Cali and AZ. So traveling isn't a big issue for me.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#9 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

Well, Cpt, I did some research, and it seems the best bet for BIG games is atleast 4 hours, at either EMR, Skirmish or a place down in Richmond that that the name slips my mind. (Splat Brothers?). But it seems there are some good places for smaller scenario games not too far away. Pev's isn't set up to play scenarios, but has good individual fields. OA in Bowie could host a small scenario of 2-300. I still have yet to check out Hogback Mountain or any other local fields yet though. Hogbacks looks pretty good for scenarios from the looks of the website.

#10 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

OA in Bowie has held over 36 scenarios over the past few years - average attendance is about 250, with the two signature events - Ocean Tiger in the Spring and Battle of the Bulge in the late Fall with close to 500 - 600. They've also got a great field in Rosedale (outside of Baltimore) with an amazing couple of Container/City fields that are really intense.

They also bought ECX up in Chesapeake City, MD - and have held some smaller scenarios up there as well. The drive might be a little longer, but they are extremely well-versed in holding good scenarios - I'd definitely recommend checking them out (even if I wasn't sponsored by them - disclaimer).

As a team, we're also trying more away games this year - and we will be at Skyline for the Sept. 13th & 14th Twenty-four hour scenario there as well - plus USANA in October.

#11 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

Where is Skyline at?

I plan to check out the next scenario in Bowie as long as I don't have to work that weekend. Their Chesepeak city field is over 2 hours for me, so that one may be outta the question in the near future.

#12 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

Skyline is located in Strasburg, VA - right in the Shenandoah (actually pretty close to the Cedar Creek Battlefield). Blackcat used to put on 24hour scenarios, but they have a new group there (though just as good).

The team is definitely going for the game in Sept & we'll see how it goes for 2010.

#13 User is offline   Twister 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

SplatBrothers« Baby - SplatBrothers«

Close by and always hopping with some great trigger time...

http://www.splatbrothers.com

#14 User is offline   dfencepb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Andy Freeman

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hogback Mountain in Leesburg is a very good facility. Its not a large field like splatbros, but the service is amazing, prices are amazing (provided you bring your own paint), and the players aren't the hard-core speedballers that wipe hits and cuss out newbies. its a 5-star place.

$15 to play all day if you have your own gear
$8 for all-day air
$5 lunch-2 hot dogs, a soda, and a bag of chips

not at all a long drive from langley either

This post has been edited by dfencepb: 10 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

#15 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

I am thinking of going to check them out this up coming weekend, if I don't have to go to TCT training...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users