Small 50 or less hopper Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sup

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

View PostMBPB, on Feb 15 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

Whats the point of using such a small hopper? you would need to refill a lot during a long game unless its for a spec gun that only need to be shot once in while.

Generally if you are playing pump.

#17 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

My centerfeed phantom breech came in recently. Do you need an elbow to put the 40 round ammo box on it? I haven't bought the ammo boxes yet, but didn't know if I needed a straight elbow too

#18 User is offline   MrCow 

• Teh NiNjA
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MULGARATH

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

stick a 10 round tube in ur feed neck :laugh:

#19 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

View PostMBPB, on Feb 15 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Whats the point of using such a small hopper? you would need to refill a lot during a long game unless its for a spec gun that only need to be shot once in while.

Some people like myself are just very efficient on paint. I hardly ever shoot more than 90 rounds a game. Usually 90 rounds lasts me 2 games. Even when I'm playing with my Automag.

From my perspective its more of, "why do people carry so many pods and use such big hoppers?" I never go through more than 500 rounds a day. If I buy paint by the case it usually goes bad by the time I can use it all up.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#20 User is offline   MBPB 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

View PostPiller, on Feb 16 2008, 06:21 PM, said:

View PostMBPB, on Feb 15 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Some people like myself are just very efficient on paint. I hardly ever shoot more than 90 rounds a game. Usually 90 rounds lasts me 2 games. Even when I'm playing with my Automag.

From my perspective its more of, "why do people carry so many pods and use such big hoppers?" I never go through more than 500 rounds a day. If I buy paint by the case it usually goes bad by the time I can use it all up.

im playing woods ball not speed ball. using that many rounds is usually how it is. But does anyone really want to play a few games and have to go refill.
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.

#21 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

You just don't get it do you? I use a 50 round hopper on ALL of my markers, semi and pump. It is a smaller target so I get hit less often. It is lighter so I can snap my gun up faster and move faster. Just in case you thought about it, don't tell me to "man up" over the weight and try to use the argument about real guns weighing a lot more. I guarantee you if soldiers could cut some weight off, they would. When you use a light marker, eliminating 75% of the hopper's weight is proportionally a HUGE reduction. My marker is accurate enough, I place my shots well enough, I play well enough that 50 rounds is MORE than enough for any one engagement. I routinely play alongside and against people using 200 round hoppers that reload more than me and do no better. I have neither the money nor desire to shoot loads of paint. I carry my 50 round hopper and 2 100 round pods on me. That's it. I don't put myself in situations where I need to reload under fire. I either A. reload during a quiet point, or B. move to a safer place to reload. It works for me, it may not work for you. I don't care.

Don't criticize my methods. I could criticize yours: Why do you carry so much paint? You make such a large target. It only takes 1 ball. You're wasting so much money. Why so much extra weight? Do you need that much paint? Care to answer those?

This post has been edited by Jackson: 16 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

#22 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

I usually play in the woods also. Heck, my Automag was made before speedball even existed back when it was a "warmup" game for viewers before a real (woodsball) tournament game started. If I play on a speedball course I usually drop the hopper and put on a 10 round feed tube :ghillie:

It's all about recognizing what you really need and getting rid of anything extra. My 9oz can last several days. I would use my 7oz tank provided it's last hydro test wasn't in 1991.

There is no right way to play, you create your own style - one of greatest things about paintball. Sometimes I'm actually glad people shoot a ton of paint - it makes the paint prices cheaper for those who don't.

This post has been edited by Piller: 16 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#23 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

View PostPiller, on Feb 16 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

Sometimes I'm actually glad people shoot a ton of paint - it makes the paint prices cheaper for those who don't.

Haha I never thought of it that way before :P gotta love economics
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#24 User is offline   Phaolan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Phaolan

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

There is also now the TAC-50-HPR from Allen Paintball Products

http://www.allenpain...ilframeset.html

I have one of these with the Snub Nose Adapter which gives it an extra 10-round cap.

Then I just use a 50-round pod to reload.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. - Sun Tzu

#25 User is offline   Riddler 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

APP also has a standard-appearance 50-rd loader:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintba...0rd-hopper.html

A Winchester with a pod top lid is also a great choice. The Sportshot is a slightly larger alternative, and KEE just released a newer version.

There are also some vintage options: the WGP ammo box and various Indian Springs loaders.

#26 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

I'm a big fan of the WGP Ammo box. I use one on my SL68II
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#27 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

i picked up the x7 LP hopper when i got my cyclone feeder.... i also got the tac cap... i figured the same...

im going to go out and see my playing style... i want a small hopper for efficiency... but i want a bigger hopper if needed at scenario games...

im still leaning to wards the tac cap as my main cap... only thing is my pods are full size so i would have to buy some 50rnders..... or carry less bigger pods!!!
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#28 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

I use modified winchesters (pod lid mod). I've been eyeing the new 50 rnd APP hopper (the generic looking one, not the scope looking one) too.

I never liked the Brass Eagle Pocket Hopper. Too brittle and doesn't feed as well as a Winchester.

I liked the WGP ammo box back in the day but they rattled rather noisily and could only be fed from 10 round tubes.

And one of the reasons I liked my A5 and now love my Phenom was that the cyclone is perfect for Tac-Caps.

#29 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

has anyone noticed that this thread is from 2008? ahem, necro.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#30 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

I actually didn't notice that it was from 2008 although I have been noticing a lot of Necro posts lately.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users