Special Ops Paintball: What kind of tanks you have? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What kind of tanks you have? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zhashi 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Brigade Name:zhashi

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

me being short on money i was wondering what kind of tanks would get me a ton of usage, with my A-5 E-grip and yet remain under 100$

right now i think im just going to buy 4 more CO2 tanks and switch them out before every game... unless i can find a 32oz tank.. link me to it if you know of one
woooop
0

#2 User is offline   Fontain 

  • I am every where and no where
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 477
  • Joined: 06-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N.S, Canada
  • Brigade Name:Fontain

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

This is just me but when ever i hear of a co2 tank that is bigger then a 20oz its usually fake.I dont think they make anything bigger then a 20oz or if they do its rare.U could buy more tanks if u want or buy a 88/45 hpa tank.One of those 2 options woul probly be ur best bet.
0

#3 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

  • "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,094
  • Joined: 02-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gainesville Florida
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:55 AM

View PostFontain, on Aug 11 2007, 11:44 AM, said:

This is just me but when ever i hear of a co2 tank that is bigger then a 20oz its usually fake.I dont think they make anything bigger then a 20oz or if they do its rare.U could buy more tanks if u want or buy a 88/45 hpa tank.One of those 2 options woul probly be ur best bet.


not true! i have seen, and almost bought a 24oz co2 tank at a sporting goods store, i saw it in person too.

now, if you want a huge co2 tank, and not compressed air, look no further

check these out

those are tanks that are normally used in soda machines at restuants, but can also be used for paintball!

Pm longballer to see how he rigged up his giant co2 setup.

-drummer



Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?
0

#4 User is offline   the hittmann 

  • I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 01-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:my chair
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

Ok, don't go buying some 50lb. tank, but there is a guy on the forum who is selling his 35oz tank. Though there is a better solution. The steel hpa tanks can be filled with co2. Here is the topic.

Did you know that you could put co2 in an HPA Bottle?

BUT DO NOT FILL FIBER WRAPPED TANKS WITH CO2!
STEEL OR ALUMINIUM BOTTLES ONLY PLEASE.
The Aluminium balloon inside the fiber wrap will pull
away from the fibers causing catastrophic failure!!
Spoke to Glenn Palmer, and he confirmed to me that yes you can put co2 in to an HPA bottle safely.

Liquid co2 when filling a bottle to recommended capacity exerts 1200psi at 70*F ambient temp.
So if you have a 3000psi bottle you can fill it to a safe level with co2.

Recommended capacity for an HPA bottle is a little tricky to figure out though.
For example a 3000psi 45ci bottle should only be filled to 2/3 capacity with co2.
Which is 29.7 ci but how much dose 1 ci of co2 weigh?
As co2 is sold by weight not by cubic volume,
so how much does one ci of co2 weigh?
1CI OF CO2 WEIGHS 0.877oz
therefore 45ci divided by 2/3 = 29.7ci
29.7ci X 0.877oz = 26.04
so a 3000psi 45ci HPA bottle can hold 26oz of co2 safely!!
Think about that, that's 6 added ounces of co2, in a very small bottle.
Think about it I have seen 72 ci aluminium hpa bottles, so at 2/3 thats 47.52ci usable space, 47.52 x 0.877oz= 41.675oz of co2.
so you can safely fill the pure energy 3000psi 72ci Aluminium bottle with
42oz of co2

BUT DO NOT FILL FIBER WRAPPED TANKS WITH CO2!
THIS KIND OF BOTTLE WILL FAIL
BECAUSE OF THE TEMPERITURES OF CO2 WILL CAUSE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE

This post has been edited by the hittmann: 11 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.
0

#5 User is offline   Funka Wunka 

  • Beta Force
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 156
  • Joined: 03-March 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Funka Wunka

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Uhh, are you sure you can fill a steel tank with co2? I mean, I don't think you can exactly go to the fill station at a game and ask for them to fill it with co2.
0

#6 User is offline   the hittmann 

  • I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 01-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:my chair
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

I am positive you can fill it, now you can get it filled at a store i am sure, but a scenario might be a different story. You could call the producer before the game and ask whether he will.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.
0

#7 User is offline   grumpy 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: 09-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Fla.
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

View Postthe hittmann, on Aug 11 2007, 01:21 PM, said:

Ok, don't go buying some 50lb. tank, but there is a guy on the forum who is selling his 35oz tank. Though there is a better solution. The steel hpa tanks can be filled with co2. Here is the topic.

Did you know that you could put co2 in an HPA Bottle?

BUT DO NOT FILL FIBER WRAPPED TANKS WITH CO2!
STEEL OR ALUMINIUM BOTTLES ONLY PLEASE.
The Aluminium balloon inside the fiber wrap will pull
away from the fibers causing catastrophic failure!!
Spoke to Glenn Palmer, and he confirmed to me that yes you can put co2 in to an HPA bottle safely.

Liquid co2 when filling a bottle to recommended capacity exerts 1200psi at 70*F ambient temp.
So if you have a 3000psi bottle you can fill it to a safe level with co2.

Recommended capacity for an HPA bottle is a little tricky to figure out though.
For example a 3000psi 45ci bottle should only be filled to 2/3 capacity with co2.
Which is 29.7 ci but how much dose 1 ci of co2 weigh?
As co2 is sold by weight not by cubic volume,
so how much does one ci of co2 weigh?
1CI OF CO2 WEIGHS 0.877oz
therefore 45ci divided by 2/3 = 29.7ci
29.7ci X 0.877oz = 26.04
so a 3000psi 45ci HPA bottle can hold 26oz of co2 safely!!
Think about that, that's 6 added ounces of co2, in a very small bottle.
Think about it I have seen 72 ci aluminium hpa bottles, so at 2/3 thats 47.52ci usable space, 47.52 x 0.877oz= 41.675oz of co2.
so you can safely fill the pure energy 3000psi 72ci Aluminium bottle with
42oz of co2

BUT DO NOT FILL FIBER WRAPPED TANKS WITH CO2!
THIS KIND OF BOTTLE WILL FAIL
BECAUSE OF THE TEMPERITURES OF CO2 WILL CAUSE CATASTROPHIC FAILURE


yes you can do this but you will have to remove the the reg and replaceit with a co2 pin valve, personaly i don't think it is worth it though not when you consider the cost of the tank and converting it to co2. it is better to buy a tank that was designed to hold co2 to start with, a new aluminum 40oz co2 tank is only $60.00 and lighter than the steel ones, a 45/3000 hpa tank is what 50 or 60 bucks plus the cost of switching valves, and a 72/3000 is what around 70 or 80 bucks plus the valve.
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."
0

#8 User is offline   zhashi 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Brigade Name:zhashi

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

some of the tanks i was looking at are actually used in soda fountains, they rang from 5-20 lb tanks im just looking for one that has already been fitted with the proper attachments.
woooop
0

#9 User is offline   grumpy 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: 09-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Fla.
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

these are the cheapest tanks that i know of, on the 2.5 and 5lb tanks a regular pin valve will fit on the tank or you can go to a hardware store and get a reducer fitting that will fit the valve on the tank and the 1/4 inch fitting on a remote line , hook it up and your ready to play . oh yeah it is easyer to get these tanks filled at a welding or air gas supply shop.
http://www.co2-canis...com/index1.html

This post has been edited by grumpy: 11 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."
0

#10 User is offline   the hittmann 

  • I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 01-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:my chair
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

I never knew they made 40 oz.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.
0

#11 User is offline   grumpy 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: 09-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Fla.
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

View Postthe hittmann, on Aug 11 2007, 08:35 PM, said:

I never knew they made 40 oz.


they were quite popular back in the 80's and 90's, you can also get them as small as 30grams that are refillable
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."
0

#12 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

You may be able to fill the tank with Co2 but the reg on it is not built for Co2. None of the tanks are. So dont even try to fill the air tanks with Co2. Plus if you have a HPA tank why not use HPA? Its alot more stable than Co2 and it wont freeze your internals.
0

#13 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

View Postzhashi, on Aug 10 2007, 07:39 PM, said:

me being short on money i was wondering what kind of tanks would get me a ton of usage, with my A-5 E-grip and yet remain under 100$

right now i think im just going to buy 4 more CO2 tanks and switch them out before every game... unless i can find a 32oz tank.. link me to it if you know of one


Instead of getting 4 CO2 tanks, I'd consider a HPA tank.
0

#14 User is offline   the hittmann 

  • I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 01-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:my chair
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote

You may be able to fill the tank with Co2 but the reg on it is not built for Co2. None of the tanks are. So dont even try to fill the air tanks with Co2. Plus if you have a HPA tank why not use HPA? Its alot more stable than Co2 and it wont freeze your internals.


Because a 72ci/3000 tank only gets a little over a thousand shots. I was not saying I would fill my tank with it just saying if you wanted to it is possible.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.
0

#15 User is offline   Hafnium 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 06-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A bit north of Albany NY
  • Brigade Name:Hafnium

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

88/4500 Pure energy (FYI never once put CO2 in it)
He who is skilled in defeat shall neve see destruction
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users