• You cannot reply to this topic

Interested in Autococker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

I doubt anyone's read about this yet but I'm a pump player looking to get my hands on a Semi so I have the opportunity to throw down some paint when I need to. I originally looked into an X7 because my pal had one for sale but now that I've shot it, and realized how terrible he's kept it up, I'm starting to look elsewhere. Now I've always liked autocockers because of the option of adding the pump mod. Basically here's what I'm seeking...

Decent -> high quality cocker. New preferred but not necessary. I'm thinking in the range of $400. Due to my inexperience with the markers what do you people recommend? What are the disadvantages and advantages of the different markers? Any further recommendations?
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#2 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Wow, with $400 you could get a very nice cocker! I would suggest that you look around in the BST's of here, PBN, MCB, and custom cockers to find a cocker you think looks great. Post in your thread here and someone will help you out. Are you going to use CO2, HPA, or both? If you want something mech and fast try to find a cocker that has a CCM, DYE, Eclipse, or Kapp frame as those are generally the best frames. If it has a Palmers Rock or Micro Rock LPR(that's the reg on the frontblock) that's also very desirable. There's so much more so you should probably read up the best you can on anything and everything you can about cockers. Good luck finding a cocker and great choice in choosing to buy one :facepalm:

#3 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

I'll probably go HPA over CO2. But thanks for the starting info! I'll start taking a look around.

#4 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Electro or mechanical?

If it's mechanical, be looking for a Belsales, ANS, Shocktech, Chipley, KAPP, or Palmers front end. It makes all the difference.

If it's electro you want, get an E1, Worrblade, E2, or Zero B. Avoid the SF frame (worrframe).

I'd look for Chipley, AKA, MacDev, and Belsales/ Eclipse bodies first, and avoid Psychoballistics.

Past that, it's mostly preference.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#5 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Id scour ebay for some cockers. There are some really nice ones on it, and im sure you could find one of the nicer cockers made for $400. If there is something wrong with them, there are upgrades for every part on a cocker, so that shouldnt be a problem. Most of the time, there is just a problem with the orings, and by most of the time, i just mean "when theres a problem". I had used one for over a year, and it held air and shot beautifully every time.
Good luck!

#6 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. In a general sense I want a mech marker. But I thought a more appropriate question I'd pose is what should I avoid when looking for cockers?

#7 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

Avoid "ultra low pressure" setups (<200psi), avoid psychoballistics bodies, avoid System X pneumatics, DYE pneumatics, Psychoballistics pneumatics, anything made by Odyssey or Rex, avoid AIM LPRs or unbranded LPRs, avoid unadjustable LPRs, brass rams (they're usually old and sticky by now), or anything that says "SOLD AS IS!" in huge letters.

And try to get a gun that HASN'T been drilled for eyes. Eye holes are unsightly. Maybe you can save a gun from going to some idiot who's just gonna drill it.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#8 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

Also avoid Trilogies, with the cash you have I figure you probably wouldn't go there anyways.

#9 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

Yeah I read about Trilogies and what they were designed to accomplish, they're not interesting me.

Alright, so as suggested I checked out some basic BST sections on various sites and ran into this one (http://forum.special...owtopic=164699) on our own home here. What is the rundown on it? It IS cheap so if there's a couple parts that need replacing I have no problem doing some after-market upgrades. Aesthetically I enjoy the marker, technically I'm not entirely sure about it. From your posts it sounds like Psychobalistics is an 'avoid' brand but only the drop and gas on/off are of that brand.

#10 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

It looks like a great deal. The drop and asa really are the only alright products from PB. He has a Hollowpoint 3 way on there and I couldn't tell you what reg. I would probably get a new frame and reg and it would be a great shooter but you could also upgrade the ram and lpr to make it excellent!

#11 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Awesome-tastic. Next question; what kind of air tank will I need to work these? I've never run CO2 or Air on my markers before (besides 12grams) so I'm not sure if there's anything specific I need to know. I know that they use LPA for operation (if I'm not mistaken) so is there anything I need beyond a regular tank?? Where's a good place to buy in your opinion?

#12 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

With that cocker it would be better to run it on air. Any HPA tank will do, the CF ones are very nice. I also realized that it's a 2k3 body which was the last "great" autococker body made.

#13 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

View PostMighty Mike, on Jan 8 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

With that cocker it would be better to run it on air. Any HPA tank will do, the CF ones are very nice. I also realized that it's a 2k3 body which was the last "great" autococker body made.

Very cool! Can I just get a 2nd opinion on this marker as well? It really sounds like something I should look into picking up. Not that I don't trust you Mighty Mike; some people have different opinions on the matter and I was hoping I could get one.

#14 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

View PostCapnStank, on Jan 8 2009, 03:02 PM, said:

Very cool! Can I just get a 2nd opinion on this marker as well? It really sounds like something I should look into picking up. Not that I don't trust you Mighty Mike; some people have different opinions on the matter and I was hoping I could get one.

hahah no worries

#15 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

View PostCapnStank, on Jan 8 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

Valve tool, dow 33 aka shocker lube, personally i like a guage on the front block, delrin bolt

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users