• You cannot reply to this topic

A5-A2 foregrip My review

#1 User is offline   karate doug 

• You'll shoot your eye out kid
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KARATEDOUG

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

Ok, I have been playing with this for about 2 months now.
I have the A5-A2 foregrip for use with the bottomline.
I freaking love it, it is very comfortable, very sturdy, and very light.
The pros of this are things like the look it gives your A5, it is a much more Mil-sim look then the stock grip, with a stock like the Tapco T6 collapsible stock it will make your gun look like an assault rifle.
It is very comfy, I hated having my hand stright up and down with the stock grip.
Cons, well I havent found any. I think that it might be if you dont like the feel of it, then that would be a personal con.
user posted image

ask me about my Outlaw field in Riverside, CA.

#2 User is offline   Mud Dog 

• I play paintball like the ferret--I stink but I have a good time
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mud Dog

Post icon  Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

I have the A5-249 Air-through Kit. I haven't been able to make my foregrip "snap" into place. It wouldn't budge. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?
Maintainence" should be routine. (cleaning and lubrication) In all fairness, most "maintainence" " problems" can be avoided by getting it set-up right and leaving it alone. (true for most any paintgun) Something that I have learned over the years it that, "The more that you mess with it, the more you will have to mess with it."
Glenn Palmer

str8balla 101

Member # 18

#3 User is offline   karate doug 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:20 PM

Sorry man, I know nothing of that one, sorry bro.
user posted image

#4 User is offline   Dead Chicken 

• I am oblivious to mine own genius
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dead chicken

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

Mud Dog, on Aug 2 2005, 09:39 PM, said:

I have the A5-249 Air-through Kit. I haven't been able to make my foregrip "snap" into place. It wouldn't budge. B)

well... my baby needed a little coasting. B) lineup the the fin with the hole and push. worked for me
B.O.M. Squad- more info? B.O.M.
IPB Image
-Sabre- If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done.
Signatures: They're always changing

#5 User is offline   B@The Rock 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

i had no troubles installing, and now it hides and covers alot of wiring from my taclight just the pressure pad sticks out on the left side. looks alot mp5ish now B)
im using it with tapco saw stock and going from a custom 98 to a A5 with rt and using jcs x short barrel and a tac cap i use half the paint im used to but i do more damage/more scores then before :D

Balance is really nice now
:D

#6 User is offline   Steel Blue 

• Ambush Artist
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Blue

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:05 PM

I purchased this because everyone said the gun would feel more natural with this grip. While the gun was slightly more balanced without a tank, I wouldn't say it felt more natural. As a matter of fact, for me, it was downright unplesant. I don't have a big hand (I wear a large size PB glove) but the grip was way too small. The cyclone comes down too far on the right hand side of the marker so you can't get your fingers around it. There is really no comfortable way to grab the marker. On top of that, my wrist began to ache after a small amount of use because my fingers were so mangled trying to hold the damn thing.

Good concept, but too small. If it came down another half inch it would probably be perfect. Don't get this unless you have tiny hands.

#7 User is offline   fivepointnine 

• viva la V.IX
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:fivepointnine

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:26 PM

Mud Dog, on Aug 2 2005, 09:39 PM, said:

I have the A5-249 Air-through Kit. I haven't been able to make my foregrip "snap" into place. It wouldn't budge. :wacko:

Any suggestions?

I place one side over the side tombstone fitting and then push it over the other side.

I really love the way the A5A2 feels, but I have small hands so I dont have any problems with my fingers hitting the cyclone.

#8 User is offline   tha man 

• Azz clown
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tha man

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

i need one of those

#9 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:40 PM

Steel Blue, on Aug 16 2005, 04:05 PM, said:

I purchased this because everyone said the gun would feel more natural with this grip. While the gun was slightly more balanced without a tank, I wouldn't say it felt more natural. As a matter of fact, for me, it was downright unplesant. I don't have a big hand (I wear a large size PB glove) but the grip was way too small. The cyclone comes down too far on the right hand side of the marker so you can't get your fingers around it. There is really no comfortable way to grab the marker. On top of that, my wrist began to ache after a small amount of use because my fingers were so mangled trying to hold the damn thing.

Good concept, but too small. If it came down another half inch it would probably be perfect. Don't get this unless you have tiny hands.

i wear a size extra lage in all gloves and i find it comfortable, i guess its just up to what your used to
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#10 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPARTAN 013

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:58 PM

you need to learn how to properly hold a firearm, then hold the A2 forgrip like that... i hunt and shoot a lot of skeet and trap so i know how to hold a gun, i can hold my A5 comfterbly stock without the foregrip.

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#11 User is offline   karate doug 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:02 PM

I have big hands with long fingers and i just wrap the cyclone basically.
It feels great to me, never has been an issue.
user posted image

#12 User is offline   Steel Blue 

• Ambush Artist
  • Pip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

SPARTAN 013, on Aug 23 2005, 01:58 AM, said:

you need to learn how to properly hold a firearm, then hold the A2 forgrip like that... i hunt and shoot a lot of skeet and trap so i know how to hold a gun, i can hold my A5 comfterbly stock without the foregrip.

I do know how to hold a firearm. That's the reason I bought this foregrip in the first place... I figured it would make the A-5 feel more like a rifle. The simple fact of the matter is that there is too much stuff on the right hand side of the A-5 for your fingers to go there. I'm assuming most people are cocking their wrists to turn their fingers forward so they clear okay. This makes my wrists ache after a while.

Like I said.. it was just not comfortable for me no matter what way I held it. I don't think I was doing something "wrong".. it just wasn't for me.

EDIT: Sorry, you said you held it without any foregrip? I actually tried it like that for a game and it felt more natural then with the A-5A2 grip, believe it or not. I still prefer the vertical grip, as bad as it is, to the A-5A2 or nothing at all.. but that's just me.

This post has been edited by Steel Blue: 23 August 2005 - 09:25 AM

#13 User is offline   Steel Blue 

• Ambush Artist
  • Pip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:21 AM

karate doug, on Aug 23 2005, 02:02 AM, said:

I have big hands with long fingers and i just wrap the cyclone basically.
It feels great to me, never has been an issue.

I tried it that way. Felt ackward in my hands.

I'm jealous of you guys who have had success with this, because I think it's a much better solution then the vertical grips. Oh well. Maybe something better will come along in the future.

#14 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

what you can do is (this just dawned on me)

buy these http://www.specopspaintball.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=669

and glue them or screw them onto the forgrip (make your own skrew holes)

and then buy a forgrip for it http://www.specopspaintball.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=627
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#15 User is offline   Mulletar 

• Emasculator of the puerile
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mulletar

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

I would love to have a conventional rifle-type foregrip to use on my 98 Custom. Last Saturday, there was a guy who brought his Pro-Lite, and I was picking it up and holding it, and the way the sights and the grip were, it felt alot like my friend's Mosin-Nagant. Very solid, very cool, very nice.

94% of the people on this forum have an annoying statistic in their signature. If you think that's ridiculously stupid, or even if you're a part of the 0.5% that couldn't care less, put this in your sig.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users