• You cannot reply to this topic

What Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

http://www.amazon.co...0848243&sr=8-16
Discuss,crazy talk or just pro-tobacco propaganda.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

"From sharpening mental acuity to maintaining optimal weight" ... uh huh. Know how nicotine calms you down? Well actually, it just reduces high-anxiety (caused by smoking) down to a normal person's baseline level...

"Did you know that many of the countries the smoke the most, have the longest life span? " Wow. Correlational evidence. Proves absolutely nothing. I also understand that eating smaller portions/less gives you a longer lifespan too. But that was done empirically, I believe...thought it was probably inconclusive.

A reviewer: "While there are very good benefits of limited use of the natural tobacco leaf, this should not cause us to ignore the very real dangers of cigarettes and their additives. Not to mention the stench. "

It's just like alcohol, really - some benefits, in moderation.... yet ironically, alcohol is the most dangerous drug today.

I personally would expect any amount of smoke purposefully inhaled is in some way bad for your lungs... but who knows - maybe our cavemen ancestors got used to it when they had fires in their caves with no venting :P

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

I think the reviewer hits it on the head. Tobacco in and of itself probably isn't that bad (probably still not great for you). It's all the "extras" the tobacco companies mix in with it.
http://quitsmoking.a...ingredients.htm
Just glancing through the list there are several things that you can tell are toxic.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

LOL. at book.

Yea with the leaf itself I bet you could get some positive effects in moderation.

Not in a cig any day of the week.

It doesnt reduce stress. The carbon Monoxide binds to the oxygen carriers in your bloodstream, It reduces the amount of O2 going to your brain and a few seconds later. your brain starts to suffocate. the Relaxing feeling is reduced brain function from oxygen deprivation

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 22 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

#5 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

yeah those were my feelings, though i never read the reviews.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Tobacco as a whole isn't bad for you. It really is the 10,000 chemicals they put in a cig that makes it bad. Just by itself it really isn't too harmful. Yeah smoking in and of itself isn't "healthy" but you can make it more healthy. The big problem is cigs are full of nicotine, which is the second most adddictive substance on the planet. The only thing more addicting, caffeine. Yes, cigs are more addictive then heroin or crack. Funny huh?

I don't smoke but I really have no issue with people smoking. Do what you want to your body, as long as it doesn't affect me, go right on ahead. And to me i don't care about 2nd hand smoke. Light up anywhere. :D

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

Finally, I can justify smoking 5 packs of Lucky Strike unfiltered every day.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

View PostVeritech Squad, on 23 March 2011 - 01:08 AM, said:

Finally, I can justify smoking 5 packs of Lucky Strike unfiltered every day.

Haha I believe the conclusion we came to was 'moderation is key' :P same with anything really. Have some cake, but not too much...etc.

Unless you ask that old man on my girlriend's dad's bus...*insert cranky old man voice*...

"You wanna lose weight? I'll tell you how to lose weight - shut your damn mouth! Quit eating!"

#9 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostLegato, on 23 March 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

Tobacco as a whole isn't bad for you. It really is the 10,000 chemicals they put in a cig that makes it bad. Just by itself it really isn't too harmful. Yeah smoking in and of itself isn't "healthy" but you can make it more healthy. The big problem is cigs are full of nicotine, which is the second most adddictive substance on the planet. The only thing more addicting, caffeine. Yes, cigs are more addictive then heroin or crack. Funny huh?

I don't smoke but I really have no issue with people smoking. Do what you want to your body, as long as it doesn't affect me, go right on ahead. And to me i don't care about 2nd hand smoke. Light up anywhere. :D

Yeah isnt Nicotine like 1000x more addictive then heroin? Also I have no issue with tobacco use (dip smokeless, yes I know horrible and disgusting but atleast it is not as bad as cigs IMHO) and even cigs dont bother as long as people arent around me so I have to smell them.

This post has been edited by The Hobbit: 23 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

This is why I smoke Cigars (Swisher's ain't cigars, bub) and Pipes. The only additives are natural flavoring.
Also, you look more awesome.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#11 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

View PostPirate, on 23 March 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

This is why I smoke Cigars (Swisher's ain't cigars, bub) and Pipes. The only additives are natural flavoring.
Also, you look more awesome.

Yeah I enjoy a good cigar (aka anything not machine rolled)and I think I would enjoy smoking a pipe. Though I do enjoy Copenhagen more. Keeps both hands free for garage work or other work.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

E-cig got me off smoking completely. I smoked for 20 years off and on in varing degrees from two packs a day to two cigarettes a week.
Went and spent the money on an E-cigarette using max nicotine and worked my way down to zero nicotine oer a period of two months.

Now I keep the E-cig and the zero nic flavors for game night when my urge to smoke skyrockets.

You ever want a real buzz...try a 36mg nicotine flavor on a 6v low res Ego Tanker. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

#13 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

I don't really smoke cigars or hookah for the nicotine.
I do it because I like the lightheaded buzz from really big hookah hits, and the cigars/pipes just make me look awesome.
:P

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#14 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 24 March 2011 - 10:07 AM, said:

E-cig got me off smoking completely. I smoked for 20 years off and on in varing degrees from two packs a day to two cigarettes a week.
Went and spent the money on an E-cigarette using max nicotine and worked my way down to zero nicotine oer a period of two months.

Now I keep the E-cig and the zero nic flavors for game night when my urge to smoke skyrockets.

You ever want a real buzz...try a 36mg nicotine flavor on a 6v low res Ego Tanker. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

i bought an E-Pipe to use in San Fran when visiting PKJ's family. Worked great. Found some yummy flavors for it too. Was very impressed by it. I am a pipe kind of guy, i has class. :P *lies* Still use it at work from time to time to get a "smoke break" I.E. i need to walk the **** away from my desk and vent because of some stupid ****in' thing
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#15 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

One of our game night guys is a partner in a e-flavor company. We have had some really amazing stuff.
Peach, strawberry champaign, and surprizingly enough dill pickle all caught me off guard and they turned out far better than I could have thought.

Right now I have been bouncing back and forth between three flavors; marrion Berry, chocolate mint or a mixture of cigar\french toast.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users