#16 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:56 AM

View PostStock Class Phantom, on Aug 6 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

View PostJackRock, on Aug 6 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

FYI, one rarely should ever go to the very top person in a company to see if they would be interested in hiring you. You would go to their personnel manager, which is usually not the same person.

I figured his assistant would read the e-mail I send him...Am I wrong? Gunnzilla, I don't understand that post, Navy is my backup, there's nothing wrong with that...

Personnel not personal. Not an assistant but a manager who conducts interviews and hires people for the company.

#17 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

Have you not thought about going in and applying?

Also as said before there are managers to hire and fire people.

#18 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Who cares?

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

Yeah it's usually HR ho do that sorta thing I think.
Best bet is to go in to the place and ask. Present yourself well and be armed with the info and questions you need. It will show you're making an effort too.

#19 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

Living in Wisconsin makes that a lot harder...

#20 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

Well, I would say that you need to solve that problem before really expecting to be hired. I've seen them hire a few groups over the last several years, and each time they've said you need to live in Utah, and they will not cover moving expenses.

Also, I've never heard of any company (save some "get rich quick" ideas) that would hire anybody without personally meeting them face to face. So if you're hoping to get hired over the phone/email, I would prepare yourself for a let-down.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#21 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:11 AM

Last position I recalled being announced over the forums was for the Soft Goods department. It was like $8 somethign an hour I believe, you had to live in Utah, they did not paying moving expenses, and you had to be 21 years or older to apply.

Cops911.com posted the thead. Link to verify

Those were just general guidelines for when they were hiring then.. So you can probably expect the same, if a position ever becomes available at Spec Ops.

-Oct

#22 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

View PostJackRock, on Aug 7 2008, 08:14 AM, said:

Well, I would say that you need to solve that problem before really expecting to be hired. I've seen them hire a few groups over the last several years, and each time they've said you need to live in Utah, and they will not cover moving expenses.

Also, I've never heard of any company (save some "get rich quick" ideas) that would hire anybody without personally meeting them face to face. So if you're hoping to get hired over the phone/email, I would prepare yourself for a let-down.

My goal is to get something set up, like ask if they have any openings. But right now I just need to talk to him, does anyone have the e-mail?

#23 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

Go to college get your masters and if nothing works out go to the military. With your masters degree the military will give you a commanders spot or general spot immediatly. That what my dad told me and he regrets not going to college because after being in the Navy, life was alot harder for him to get a better job afterwords (hes now been a cop making the same pay for 26 years. He could work in the whitehouse if he had went to college). So go to college and get a degree, military or good job. You had the right idea. Being lost is all part of life :happy:
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#24 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

travis@specialopspaintball.com

i gotta warn you though, it may just be the nature of what we're talking about, but he's kinda slow at responding. maybe he's out a lot, i dunno, but thats been my personal experience. just tell him you heard about him through the forum and what you're looking for. he should be able to help. you can also try the customer service thread. it took me a min to get ahold of them, but once i got ahold of them, i had no problems with them.

#25 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

How old are you? I assume 16, 17? I assume you're either a Junior, or a Senior in High School that hasn't applied to any colleges during his junior year...

I'm sure you already know this.. but I hope you have somethign to offer the company, you have to market and sell yourself.. Especially since you want to contact the owner, or ceo.. right off the start (which I don't recommend by any means)

-Oct

#26 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

with the amount of money college costs and u having three different college funds i mean u may be able to...never mind
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#27 User is offline   takedown65 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

You would want to talk to someone in HR, now the head of the company whos a billionaire.

From my experiences it is nearly impossible to get a hold of people at spec ops, I could never get Daniel Orvis to return a single phone call or email (hes the buyer). Not even a reply saying hes not interested in products so i could stop wasting my time.

This post has been edited by takedown65: 07 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Midnight RaidersMy feedback

#28 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

View PostOctavious, on Aug 7 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

How old are you? I assume 16, 17? I assume you're either a Junior, or a Senior in High School that hasn't applied to any colleges during his junior year...

I'm sure you already know this.. but I hope you have somethign to offer the company, you have to market and sell yourself.. Especially since you want to contact the owner, or ceo.. right off the start (which I don't recommend by any means)

-Oct

16, going in to Junior year, my "marketing" plan is to say, I can and will go to college for whatever you want me too, I would like to help the Special Ops company and be a part of it, I'm young and very flexible. OK, so that's all I've got for now...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users