Special Ops Paintball: Canadians going to D-Day 2008 - Special Ops Paintball

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Canadians going to D-Day 2008 Let's get this ball rolling good and early. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#181 User is offline   JAGER TIGER 

• Village Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JAGER TIGER

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

about the convoy will there be a trailer for anti tank guns artillery ? because i think it would be cheaper than shipping it to the park and 250 for hitching a ride right ?
In Russia Waldo finds you

#182 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:17 AM

View PostJAGER TIGER, on Dec 2 2007, 03:49 PM, said:

about the convoy will there be a trailer for anti tank guns artillery ? because i think it would be cheaper than shipping it to the park and 250 for hitching a ride right ?

Jager Tiger,

We will not/not have space to haul a towed artillery piece. It is simply not feasible. We have lots of personnel to transport, along with all their gear, camping supplies, equipment, etc. Moreover, it would be extremely difficult to cross the border with such a device, and it would likely be confiscated by border authorities.

Stick to your basic kit, and save your cash and energy for the event.

The cost of the convoy is variable. It depends on the number of people/vehicles, mileage, etc. Last year the approximately cost was under $200 per person for the Ontario convoy.

Note, as of this morning, the Canadian Scottish Regiment is full, the 1st Canadian Parachute Infantry is up to 75% of authorized strength, and the Royal Winnipeg Rifles are just above 30% of authorized strength. Remaining slots will go fast.

#183 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

I'm all signed up for 1ST CAN PARA.

#184 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

Hello troops,
It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that the leader of the CanScots, Ghostduck, will not be attending D-Day, due to the planning of his wedding in August. I am also led to believe that the CanScots are not yet filled. I request that all players who have signed up or who are planning to sign up with the CanScots please contact me directly at HarlyHunk@hotmail.com .

Cheers
Posted Image Posted Image
Commonwealth Commanding Officer, OK D-Day
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#185 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:46 AM

Aw.....Anyone up for making a trip to crash Ghostduck's wedding? :D

#186 User is offline   JAGER TIGER 

• Village Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JAGER TIGER

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:54 AM

almost had to go to redneck wedding a few years back but i think i will ship the flat fold artillery and catch a ride in convoy thing is don't have car and play n as german
In Russia Waldo finds you

#187 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:30 AM

Attention: A bunch of new spots have opened up with the Commonwealth, including spots in both the Canadian and British airborne, which were the most sought-after units this year and the first to fill! If you want to join the best unit out there, now is your chance!

#188 User is offline   ol' painless 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:conker

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:15 AM

i am in the process of regerstration right now and was wondering if there are any spots still open for the canadain 1st para, and also is there a convo in southern ontario that is coming through or will make a pick up in the barrie area.

#189 User is offline   HarlyHunk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

There are about 16 spots for 1st CanPara left and no telling when they'll fill up. Contact Ghost or God for the convoy info.

Cheers
Posted Image Posted Image
Commonwealth Commanding Officer, OK D-Day
Member Team ODX
Member NRIPA

#190 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Let's keep this coming! Four months to go, and the spots are filling up fast! So far, convoys are confirmed from Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba, with other personal groups coming from all over Canada! Dozens, perhaps hundreds, of Canadians are already lined up for the biggest, most epic event in paintball, and with the wonderfull efforts of the Commonwealth staff, getting down there has never been cheaper or easier for us Canucks!

Anybody interested, no matter what size, drop any one of us a line. DP, Tac-One and I are working on the Winnipeg convoy and general organizing, and the whole thing is HarlyHunk and VOZ's baby, so any of us can get you pointed in the right direction. This is shaping up to be the experience of a lifetime. A full week of non-stop scenario games-everything from epic tank battles, intense night games, massive firefights with thousands on each side and, of course, the epic main battle, the D-Day game itself on Saturday. People are coming from all over the world-Britain, Australia and literally every corner of North America-just to play at D-Day. Every company worth it's salt will be showing up at D-Day. This is the defining annual event of the scenario paintball world and is the perfect opportunity for any paintballer.

#191 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:05 AM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Feb 19 2008, 05:44 PM, said:

Let's keep this coming! Four months to go, and the spots are filling up fast! So far, convoys are confirmed from Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba, with other personal groups coming from all over Canada! Dozens, perhaps hundreds, of Canadians are already lined up for the biggest, most epic event in paintball, and with the wonderfull efforts of the Commonwealth staff, getting down there has never been cheaper or easier for us Canucks!

Anybody interested, no matter what size, drop any one of us a line. DP, Tac-One and I are working on the Winnipeg convoy and general organizing, and the whole thing is HarlyHunk and VOZ's baby, so any of us can get you pointed in the right direction. This is shaping up to be the experience of a lifetime. A full week of non-stop scenario games-everything from epic tank battles, intense night games, massive firefights with thousands on each side and, of course, the epic main battle, the D-Day game itself on Saturday. People are coming from all over the world-Britain, Australia and literally every corner of North America-just to play at D-Day. Every company worth it's salt will be showing up at D-Day. This is the defining annual event of the scenario paintball world and is the perfect opportunity for any paintballer.

The Manitoba convoy will be a gongshow....

I'm looking forward to this :D

#192 User is offline   Tac-One 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tac-One

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

The Central Canada Convoy Commitee (Winnipeg) will be holding their first planning meeting on Friday, March 21st at 07:00 pm.

We will be dicussing modes of transport, departure and return dates, luggage allowances and much more.

If time permits we will be showing the 2006 and 2007 OK DDAY DVDs.

If you are expecting to participate in the CCC, please PM me with your name, phone #, e-mail address, and on-line name. Do this ASAP, regardless of whether or not you can attend the meeting as we need to get a firm count on attendees. Please RSVP for meeting attendance as well. For those of you on the Milsim Team Paintball forums, you only have to send me your information and attendance once (either here or there).

I will be responding to PMs for those who wish to attend with the location and directions of the meeting.

Hope to see you there.

#193 User is offline   ANSWERS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ANSWERS

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

I'm not going to make it this year, But im going down next year befeore university with the guys!

#194 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

So, the convoys and the Canadian Contingent for D-Day 2008 was a resounding success.

Who's up for 2009?

#195 User is offline   ANSWERS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ANSWERS

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

BooYoahKaSha!!

Ill make it ther for 09

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +