, what I would do in a extremely sudden and mass outbreak is:
1) Arm myself, my dad, and my little brother (all have handled firearms/involved in hunting).
2) Get in the 4wd truck with all the guns I got in my basement (approx 10) with all the ammo I got.
Bring as much water (got a bunch of containers for that) and all the nonperishable food and as much extra food as we can. Bring some bikes if we can (depends on whether its classic slow zombies or 28 days later runners).
Possibly bring some quads (ATVs).
As much extra fuel as we can bring.
3) Drive out into the of nowhere and find a secure building.
Ideal weapons (these also depend on slow moving vs runners):
1. Machete. Good length. No ammo needed, just bring a wet stone. Multipurpose. / a lightweight Crowbar. OR even better than those: A SPIKE KNUCKLED BOWIE KNIFE
2. 20 gauge shotgun. Semi auto. Full choke = tighter groupings. Lighter than a 12gauge. Can hold more shells on my person than a 12ie.
3. Still debating on the ideal rifle but I would always have my two .22s (light, plenty ammo, bounce affect inside the skull).
4. For the initial outbreak I would just bring all 10 or so firearms. (which includes 3 12gauges, .410 shotgun, 2 .22s (one with a little scope), model 99 .300 Savage (lever action), .303 (essentially an old bolt action lee enfield in a parker hale body with some nice iron sights) and a few others I'm missing.
5. Some form of light, tight fitting, comfortable, flexible body armor in the long run. Oh and maybe some of those silver underpants that the SAS uses(I think its them that uses them?) that kills off bacteria and is basically self cleaning that you can wear for 2 months straight or something. (Not 100% on the info I got on that)
Eventually I will look for a more secure complex. Maybe after the majority of people are infected I may look for a military complex that is located AWAY from any sort of town or city. I chose this for a couple reasons. A few firearms should hopefully still be present along with some vehicles and HOPEFULLY an APC. The APC would be my "the poop has hit the fan" escape vehicle (as long as I can find some manual on how to operate it =P). Usually, surrounded by electric fencing and concrete walls. If not then hopefully we can build addition walls (maybe create some sort of courtyard where we could set up a garden to grow food. Security cameras (as far as I know).
Also we might pick up my cousins (also skilled in the use of firearms) and in the long run @ the military complex a few kickass survivor/s who I know I could count on 200% to not do something stupid.
This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 17 October 2009 - 10:10 PM