• This topic is locked

Phantom Mag Grip Wait say whut?

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

So im sitting here with my M-16 phantom talking to myself in a furious and very engaging conversation, and I said to myself:

"Self, you Know you want a 86 or even a 90 degree frame, you really, really dont like the M-16 style grip. And you have been staring at pictures of spec ops extended mags.. And. AH Holy genious!"

To keep you on track, I think it would be Really cool to have a 86 degree frame with a bottom plate, this plate would have the normal 2 screw mounting ASA options. BUT. Remove the screws and the plate falls off revealing a hole, A circular hole. which goes right up near the top of the frame.

this hole can be used to "shove" a ten round tube up there, you could get roughly half a tube up, and secure the top by putting a rubber "wedge" or O-ring to snug it in, then enjoy. you effectively have a very short reload for your stock class phantom, run out. pull out the ten round tube, load, toss into your dump pouch. when you have a short moment then you can grab another tube and place it into the grip for when you run dry again.

so essentially your "pre loading" a ten round tube into your grip to use later.

Eh I guess im just tossing idea's around.

And I still need to find a place where I can get a 86 frame and a panel for it, stupid... 86 panels wont fit phantom,, grumble...silly...

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

86s can take hogue cz-75 grips. Not sure about other comanues...but I know hogue for sure. The phantom version should still take the normal 86 panels. Ccm sells em as do other dealers on McB. Some dude started making his own over there in many colors Your biggest issue is needed a wider frame. Must be petty wide to fit a 10 round tube. Look at how wide tac 8 mags are...you'd near that thickness.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

This post has been edited by Legato: 05 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

View PostLegato, on 05 June 2011 - 11:06 AM, said:

86s can take hogue cz-75 grips. Not sure about other comanues...but I know hogue for sure. The phantom version should still take the normal 86 panels. Ccm sells em as do other dealers on McB. Some dude started making his own over there in many colors Your biggest issue is needed a wider frame. Must be petty wide to fit a 10 round tube. Look at how wide tac 8 mags are...you'd near that thickness.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

thanks for the info on grips. I guess I was just thinking about the idea of a "quick" change for ten round tubes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users