Special Ops Paintball: Wooodsball tourney tactics! - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wooodsball tourney tactics! My team is fairly novice. need quick help. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   captain ownage 

  • GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 277
  • Joined: 30-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Woodville, WI
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

In two weeks there is an sppl affiliate tournament at my local field. i play at that field with my friends who will be on my team frequently and i know the terrain very well. i have been waiting for a tourney like this for a long time so i can get my buds who also are interested in a tourney and finally get a team together. we have no tournament experience whatsoever but all in all our team is experienced woodsball and scenario.

We are going to be playing experienced teams that play together frequently and have many years of paintball under their belts. i have played against the teams in large scenario games and seen them dominate.

since i just found out about it a week ago i dont have the time or resources to schedule any good practices we will probably just go over stuff at a meeting. its gonna be tough for us, i know.

So, my team needs help from all of you smart genious paintballers out there do! any of you have any kind of strategy or special specific tactics that could help me and my rag tag team????

i will appreciate all help!!!
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN
0

#2 User is offline   Violator 

  • The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 717
  • Joined: 31-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Thousand Oaks, CA and around the globe
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

I'd look at many of the posts in this forum, in particular, these:

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=13735
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...?showtopic=2888
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=158403
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=158428
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=151758

In the time you have, you're not going to be able to duplicate the skills and coordination of a group that has been playing together for years. I'd focus on training as a team and working on communication and coordination. Keep the strategy and tactics simple and your players flexible. Don't get hung up on roles (Dagger, Hammer, etc.) rather, make sure each player is capable of playing any role anywhere, and is as prepared as possible for any situation. Make sure everyone can perform covering movement/fire, knows how to snapshoot (pop up-shoot-drop down) and do fast tactical reloads, and that they can "call out" opfor as they see them, either on radio (if you can use them) or vocally.

Your possible advantage is that you will likely not do what an experienced team does, or what an experienced team expects you to do. This confusion can be used to your advantage. If you haven't already, give ol' Sun Tzu's "Art of War" a quick read and you'll get a better idea of what I mean. Sometimes, the unexpected can work to a huge advantage.

This post has been edited by Violator: 08 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!
0

#3 User is offline   Galen 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 15-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nebarska
  • Brigade Name:#33

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

Always make sure your flanks are defended. Make sure they are getting hit on thier's.
0

#4 User is offline   captain ownage 

  • GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 277
  • Joined: 30-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Woodville, WI
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

View PostViolator, on Oct 8 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

I'd look at many of the posts in this forum, in particular, these:

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=13735
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...?showtopic=2888
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=158403
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=158428
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=151758

In the time you have, you're not going to be able to duplicate the skills and coordination of a group that has been playing together for years. I'd focus on training as a team and working on communication and coordination. Keep the strategy and tactics simple and your players flexible. Don't get hung up on roles (Dagger, Hammer, etc.) rather, make sure each player is capable of playing any role anywhere, and is as prepared as possible for any situation. Make sure everyone can perform covering movement/fire, knows how to snapshoot (pop up-shoot-drop down) and do fast tactical reloads, and that they can "call out" opfor as they see them, either on radio (if you can use them) or vocally.

Your possible advantage is that you will likely not do what an experienced team does, or what an experienced team expects you to do. This confusion can be used to your advantage. If you haven't already, give ol' Sun Tzu's "Art of War" a quick read and you'll get a better idea of what I mean. Sometimes, the unexpected can work to a huge advantage.


Thanks a lot there are a lot of juicy threads! i read most of those before a posted they are a lot of help.
The players on my team are experienced so the basics should be covered pretty well. We will have to stick to basics.
I am really thinking about using the unexpected tactics, like guerilla and such i think that might be our only chance against the really really good, organized teams.

Also, some of the teams i know are very aggressive, what is effective against that kind of team?

again, thanks a lot!
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN
0

#5 User is offline   Violator 

  • The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 717
  • Joined: 31-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Thousand Oaks, CA and around the globe
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

Unorthodox tactics might work, but you need to be well versed in them and communication is key.

As for aggressive teams, you have two basic options- hit them as hard and as fast back, or use a reactive plan where you lure them into an ambush. Personally I prefer to use the opfors agression against them, as it often causes them to make mistakes, and you will be better able to coordinate your team. Force multipliers such as; pre-planned and reactive ambushes, snapshooting, fire and cover movement, grenades/smoke, and small unit tactics will be your best friends, I think.

If you want some inspiration, go watch that scene in "The Patriot" where Mel and the kids take out all the Redcoats. :ghillie:

This post has been edited by Violator: 08 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!
0

#6 User is offline   captain ownage 

  • GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 277
  • Joined: 30-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Woodville, WI
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

View PostViolator, on Oct 8 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

Unorthodox tactics might work, but you need to be well versed in them and communication is key.

As for aggressive teams, you have two basic options- hit them as hard and as fast back, or use a reactive plan where you lure them into an ambush. Personally I prefer to use the opfors agression against them, as it often causes them to make mistakes, and you will be better able to coordinate your team. Force multipliers such as; pre-planned and reactive ambushes, snapshooting, fire and cover movement, grenades/smoke, and small unit tactics will be your best friends, I think.

If you want some inspiration, go watch that scene in "The Patriot" where Mel and the kids take out all the Redcoats. :P


i will definitely be giving my team a run through with ambushing it seems like its gonna be the ticket. the fighting retreat, especially with the aggressive teams. but we are carrying a lot of firepower so we can work both ways. i will be issuing walkies to 5 of my players so i can keep in touch with my squads. (i really hope my opponents aren't looking at this thread LOL.)


thats my favorite part in the Patriot! its an amazing movie, i love mel gibson.
aim small miss small lol.
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN
0

#7 User is offline   Fallout 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 169
  • Joined: 30-October 04

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

View Postcaptain ownage, on Oct 9 2008, 12:30 AM, said:

View PostViolator, on Oct 8 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

Unorthodox tactics might work, but you need to be well versed in them and communication is key.

As for aggressive teams, you have two basic options- hit them as hard and as fast back, or use a reactive plan where you lure them into an ambush. Personally I prefer to use the opfors agression against them, as it often causes them to make mistakes, and you will be better able to coordinate your team. Force multipliers such as; pre-planned and reactive ambushes, snapshooting, fire and cover movement, grenades/smoke, and small unit tactics will be your best friends, I think.

If you want some inspiration, go watch that scene in "The Patriot" where Mel and the kids take out all the Redcoats. ;)


i will definitely be giving my team a run through with ambushing it seems like its gonna be the ticket. the fighting retreat, especially with the aggressive teams. but we are carrying a lot of firepower so we can work both ways. i will be issuing walkies to 5 of my players so i can keep in touch with my squads. (i really hope my opponents aren't looking at this thread LOL.)


thats my favorite part in the Patriot! its an amazing movie, i love mel gibson.
aim small miss small lol.


Don't be to rigid, be willing to adapt as the game goes on.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."
Such is the Rule of Honor
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users