• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team numbers amount of members Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Op4Commander 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

hey, new to the forum, and the game. A few weeks ago some friends took me out playing, i bought my own gun and gear because i knew i was going to get into paintball and become addicted. Ive had some military training, as well as all my friends i went with, 4 of us total, and we had fun. Long story short, we've decided to make a team and i was wondering, whats the general size of a team, or average size, and is 4 players too small for a team? We play bush ball only, havnt stepped on a orgainized feild yet or played speedball yet but we plan to branch off into those things.

#2 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

If you are doing woodsball tournaments most of them require 8-10 people to play. But its good to have a couple extra people in case anyone gets hurt or anything.

If you are competing in speedball tournaments it depends on the type of tournament. I've heard of 3 man, 5 man, 7 man, and 10 man tournaments. So for those it depends on the type of tournament.

If you are just forming a team for scenarios and rec ball it doesn't matter on the number.

#3 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

When my team started out we only had 4 people. As of right now, we have 6. Of course, the team is growing and I have the feeling that in a few years we will be much larger. I know of some teams that have around 20 members.

You mentioned Speedball.... Is this a speedball team or a woodsball/scenario team?
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#4 User is offline   Op4Commander 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Jun 19 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

When my team started out we only had 4 people. As of right now, we have 6. Of course, the team is growing and I have the feeling that in a few years we will be much larger. I know of some teams that have around 20 members.

You mentioned Speedball.... Is this a speedball team or a woodsball/scenario team?

right now were a woodsball/scenario team, but were like the only people we have to play out in the woods, thats why i want to open up to speedball. the only good place we have around here is a small local store out of the back of a house with a speedball feild out behind it, no woodsball feilds. we just buy paint and walk out a k behind one of the teammembers houses and shoot at eachother. but were all military gunghoe kinda guys, well teens actually. anyideas to get more people to come out and play in teh woods with us? cuz really the other 3 guys i have now are all about the woods.
thanks guys, i know you will all be a big help to me while im getting into this and beyond.

#5 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

Team sizes vary, there are massive teams like PCP, Blues Crew, Pubcrawling etc. that have over 40 members, and there are 3 man teams that compete. Obviously you can't compete in a 5 man with 3 men, but you get the point.

#6 User is offline   viper-mayhem 

• Viper4
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sinister Ops Scenario Paintball Team

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Jun 19 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

Team sizes vary, there are massive teams like PCP, Blues Crew, Pubcrawling etc. that have over 40 members, and there are 3 man teams that compete. Obviously you can't compete in a 5 man with 3 men, but you get the point.

I've been in paintball for 5 years now and started on a team of 5, next year jumped on another team of 8, then the next year was captain of the secondary team of 5. After a while, players went to college, got into other sports and it came down to me and my original team captain. Now I just got a group of guys together who wanted to play for fun, next thing I know there are 17 players, some experienced, some not. Team Jerseys on the way and building a website. Point is, you may find yourself changing size from year to year, jumping team during the middle of the season. Best way is to find guys you mesh with and keep playing. You never know where you end up.
Sinister Ops

Commanding Officer of Sinister Ops

#7 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

I am part of 3 teams

3-man speedball
5-man speedball
7-man woodsball

I like having a 7 man team. I wouldnt go out and get random people to join, but if there is someone you met on the field who is a good player and everyone on your team is fine with him, you have a new recruit.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users