• You cannot reply to this topic

bt apex vs flatline my way of saveing tippmann's dumper Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Plato 

• Think of the children, kill yourself.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Plato

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:20 PM

Ok was just wondering cause of the whole ramp dealy.
Build a man a fire and he is warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

#17 User is offline   Heavy Rifleman 

• Captian Rank-Master Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavy Rifleman 13

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

I think the ramp idea makes it need harder paint.
A.T.V. (Assault Team Vector) Broadsword/Commander
puzuma make me a sig!!! please (i used to be macewinduo)

#18 User is offline   ToyotaTech5274 

• ~~~The Field Is Ours~~~ Team Kaizen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ToyotaTech5274

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:47 PM

i have used like 5-6 different paints in it so far and they all worked good..including wal-mart paint
Capt. Team Kaizen
Josh"Midget"Leasure

The Field Is Ours

Team Kaizen

#19 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

Well I own one now. I have shot a few hundred through it. It's not as bad as I originally thought, but it got put away with my other novelty items and my flatline was promptly reinstalled- it doesnt stink, but it's the type of cheap plastic "upgrade" I have come to expect from BT. I dont know about you other guys that own one- but mine came in a round container- no instructions, and with a small print saftey warning- " use barrel restriction device- included" In mine no type of condom or plug was included. To me it's just no flatline. If you are a sniper and you want the range of a flatline without some of the noise it may be for you. It's a flatline with adjustment ability. I like my loud, metal, heavy flatline that weighs a ton and that I know wont break if I hit a tree branch. The bottom line is it's better than the usual BT products, but it didnt take long to realize it was in fact a BT product
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#20 User is offline   luckykeefer 

• i see dead people
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

grey fox, on Aug 12 2005, 10:09 PM, said:

Well I own one now. I have shot a few hundred through it. It's not as bad as I originally thought, but it got put away with my other novelty items and my flatline was promptly reinstalled- it doesnt stink, but it's the type of cheap plastic "upgrade" I have come to expect from BT. I dont know about you other guys that own one- but mine came in a round container- no instructions, and with a small print saftey warning- " use barrel restriction device- included" In mine no type of condom or plug was included. To me it's just no flatline. If you are a sniper and you want the range of a flatline without some of the noise it may be for you. It's a flatline with adjustment ability. I like my loud, metal, heavy flatline that weighs a ton and that I know wont break if I hit a tree branch. The bottom line is it's better than the usual BT products, but it didnt take long to realize it was in fact a BT product

would this be along the lines of "you can polish a turd, but in the end, it's still a turd" ???

"Forget about the end result. It means nothing. The end result is that we die. What matters is the process. The process is everything." -Yvon Chouinard
View My Special Ops Brigade Page

#21 User is offline   karate doug 

• You'll shoot your eye out kid
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KARATEDOUG

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:35 PM

lol, thats funny.
user posted image

ask me about my Outlaw field in Riverside, CA.

#22 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

Well the thing is, some of these guys are behind it hard- and I know I sometimes take it personally when people give the flatline grief, I didn't want to be hateful. I mean like I said- it does do 90% of what it is advertised to do. It's the whole thing- the construction, the packaging. I just feel like it's not going to be as useful to ME as my flatline. It certainly has a place in the paintball world; I just take a little umbridge to all the " this thing outdoes the flatline" - in the end I may be the only dude with this oppinion, this thing could take the game by storm; but I truly believe that A) it won't hold up under severe conditions B) BT has ( in my experience any way) not got the best history of standing behind there products.
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#23 User is offline   Heavy Rifleman 

• Captian Rank-Master Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavy Rifleman 13

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:09 AM

Well the thing is, some of these guys are behind it hard- and I know I sometimes take it personally when people give the flatline grief, I didn't want to be hateful. I mean like I said- it does do 90% of what it is advertised to do. It's the whole thing- the construction, the packaging. I just feel like it's not going to be as useful to ME as my flatline. It certainly has a place in the paintball world; I just take a little umbridge to all the " this thing outdoes the flatline" - in the end I may be the only dude with this oppinion, this thing could take the game by storm; but I truly believe that A) it won't hold up under severe conditions  BT has ( in my experience any way) not got the best history of standing behind there products.

so your say it doesn't beat the flatline,but it would come in handy for snipers, daggers, and sabers?
A.T.V. (Assault Team Vector) Broadsword/Commander
puzuma make me a sig!!! please (i used to be macewinduo)

#24 User is offline   Invictus 

• Operator Strike Force
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus-

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:48 AM

I just tested out my Apex in a 6 hour game yesterday. Yes it outshoots the flatline in both Distance and Accuracy. Yes I own and have used the Flatline for right a year now. Yes, the shroud is made of plastic, but is made of a polymer plastic like the military uses. The entire barrel unmounted is EXACTLY 10 3/4 inches

This barrel does shoot around objects, and overtop of walls/bunkers. Yes, it does shoot MUCH farther than the flatline. It all comes down to one simple fact: That Ben Tippmann discovered a better way to achieve the Magnus Effect.

For anyone who lives close enough to the Lexington/High Point/Greensboro NC area and is interested in trying the barrel out.... Feel free to PM. I will be more than happy to schedule a time, and will bring my flatline and Apex barrels so you can compare the two.

Proud member of Team IYAOYAS and sponsored by
Planet Eclipse , LCP Army, SobePaintball , Shooting Hot Magazine, Addiction Army, The Ford Report , and Conlee Custom Camo.

When being an Owner just isn't enough, A5OG l X7OG l 98OG l PEOG l IOG

#25 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:28 PM

I dont own one but it would not require a higher velocity. no madder what 300fps is the tops for any barrel in any legal feild (even though alot dont chrono 300 max. 280 perferred due to safety issues)

Is there a large learning curve for the apex? do you think this will promote alot of barrels like J&J making new barrels that will adapt to the apex design for an even quieter shot?

#26 User is offline   Invictus 

• Operator Strike Force
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus-

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:00 PM

The learning curve in my opinion is no more than the Flatline. I found it to be quite simplistic. As for other companies making barrels compatible for the Apex (shroud) System, that really depends on how indepth of a Patent that BT applied for. I believe it probably includes the specific barrel notch design which the System needs to properly function. Thats not to say that it wouldn't work with a modified barrel, but that instead it wouldn't work as well.

I did a test run today of the longest possible distance that the Apex would shoot today. I used exactly 2 1/2 cases of paint. At lvl 5 setting, I achieved 8.9 out of 10 shots at 167 feet. At lvl 8 setting (Super Flatline), I achieved 2.4 out of 10 shots at 303 feet. No that's not a typo.... I was able to shoot atleast 303 feet with the Apex set at max spin. While max setting is not really accurate... The distance achieved is simply amazing.

This post has been edited by Invictus: 16 August 2005 - 07:01 PM

Proud member of Team IYAOYAS and sponsored by
Planet Eclipse , LCP Army, SobePaintball , Shooting Hot Magazine, Addiction Army, The Ford Report , and Conlee Custom Camo.

When being an Owner just isn't enough, A5OG l X7OG l 98OG l PEOG l IOG

#27 User is offline   lastmanstanding 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

It's not a bad barrel from what I've seen (and shot with a few times), but you may find yourself being shot up when you play with the settings too much.

In other words, its just another plaything to worry about in the thick of battle.

"In simplicity lies success..."

#28 User is offline   TPA Baller 

• Former Manager, - Pritt Custom Case, and your local garage modde
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TPA Baller

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

lastmanstanding, on Aug 16 2005, 07:12 PM, said:

"In simplicity lies success..."

yeah, agreed
IPB Image

#29 User is offline   Ghost13 

• Ghost
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost13

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

i havent bought an apex yet, not sure if im ganna, and i havent even gotten to see one up close, can someone (who owns one, not just some tool with an opinion) tell me how does it work, what puts backspin on the ball? invictus thank you for posting some actual stats to go by on performance, its nice to have some facts to work off of, but my experiences with BT gear are about the same as grey fox, ive found the parts to be unreliable and often flimsy. gotta admit tho, as much as i dont buy BT products, the apex is sounding like a good deal to me as a sniper. i could probably get a more accurate barrel for short range, and thats what i normally play (since pb snipers are short range players neway) but if this thing is as accurate at good range as you say it is invictus, this could definitely change pb sniping.

#30 User is offline   lastmanstanding 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:45 PM

Uhh, no, baaad for snipers.

It's loud, and messing around with the settings too much WILL get you killed.

Plus, paintballs rarely break at the extended ranges that the apex and flatline provide.

The stiffi still is the best barrel out there.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users