• You cannot reply to this topic

Cheapest Paintballs Online Research Summary

#1 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Post icon  Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

Okay, I recently conducted a survey of approximately 15-20 of the most popular online paintball suppliers and their prices for paint. I did the work, you reap the benefits!!! :o

First, the disclaimer: I do not work for any of these companies nor do I have any relationship with any of these sites. Most of these sites I have never used. These prices are "pictures of the day"...which means they are subject to change without my knowledge.

Other Notes (IMPORTANT TO READ):
A) These prices are not for "skids" or "pallet loads" of paint. If you get paint by the skid, good for you...you can probably get a better price that way...but it's not practical for most consumers.
B ) I'm sure if you've convinced some website somewhere that you deserve their sponsorship (in other words, you filled out a form), they probably give you a little better deal...good for you...but it doesn't help most of us consumers out there that aren't on your team. This also applies to being sponsored by "paint companies."
C) If your uncle owns a local store and gives you paint at cost because you're his favorite nephew....good for you....but it doesn't help the rest of us non-nephews.
D) I've tried not to use "white box/seconds" paint...because this paint can really vary in quality from source to source. At the same time, there were instances where it was necessary to include that paint because the difference between some low end paints, white box, and house paint is sometimes very little.
E) If all you shoot is marbalizers, evil, or empire paint because you're all bad like that....good for you...this list isn't going to help you.

EDIT:
F) These prices are shipped to Michigan. You can expect a difference of around 0.5 cents/ball to 1 cent/ball based on shipping differences, i.e. places that are closer to you charge you less to ship than places that are further away. That is why you should use this list as a "guide", not a firm set of prices. No matter where you live, I think the list is a good guide, a good representation of sites where paint is cheap and different kinds of orders where you get the best deals.

Price Listings are "cents per ball" and are listed from 10th best to best.
10. 1.74 cents/ball: Firstcall Paintball/Skanline: 4 cases of Nelson Precision or Zap Tork
9. 1.72 cents/ball: Action Village: 2 cases of PMI Stingers + 1500 rounds house paint
8. 1.70 cents/ball: assassinspaintball.com: 3 cases of RPS Stingers + 500 rounds of house paint (NEW 7/06)
7. 1.70 cents/ball: Action Village: 2 cases of Diablo Midnight + 1 case of seconds
6. 1.6787 cents/ball: Firstcall Paintball/Skanline: 4 cases of Zap Spank
5. 1.662 cents/ball: Firstcall Paintball/Skanline: 4 cases of paint (Mix and Match Draxxus Rainbow, Nelson Affordaball, Severe Atmosphere, or WGP White Box)
4. 1.65 cents/ball: Action Village: 2 cases of PMI Stingers + 1 case of seconds
3. 1.64 cents/ball: Firstcall Paintball/Skanline: 4 cases of Zap Revolt
2. 1.59 cents/ball: Firstcall Paintball/Skanline: 4 cases of Zap Low Ball
1. 1.537 cents/ball: Firstcall Paintball/Skanline: 4 cases of Draxxus Rainbow or Nelson Affordaballs or Severe Atmosphere or WGP White Box.

These are pretty good prices. If I were to go to the local discount sporting goods store, I would pay 1.59 cents/ball for the cheapest paint they have (1 case) if it's on sale. Most of the time I would pay 1.91-2.12 cents per ball for a case of paint at those stores, same quality of paint except I've actually found that it's older and in worse condition.

You'll notice that only two sites are listed, Firstcall Paintball (also known as Skanline) and Action Village. What makes them more affordable is the free shipping when you buy a certain amount of paint and that "certain amount" is reasonable. At firstcall, all you have to do is get 4 cases...that simple. At Action Village, you only need to spend $70. assassinspaintball has been added as of July 2006...found a good deal on Stingers there.

You only want to buy one case? Maybe it's the end of the season and you don't want paint laying around all winter? Here are the best prices I found on just 1 case of paintballs:
10) 2.18 cents/ball: countrysports.com: WGP practice paint
9) 2.18 cents/ball: xtremepaintball.com: Draxxus Midnight*
8) 2.18 cents/ball: xtremepaintball.com: Draxxus Competitive Edge
7) 2.153 cents/ball: Paintball Gear USA: Draxxus Rainbow
6) 2.153 cents/ball: Paintball Gear USA: Worr Practice Paintballs
5) 2.10 cents/ball: paintballexpress.com: White Box practice paint
4) 2.0 cents/ball: xtremepaintball.com: Draxxus Blitz
3) 1.99 cents/ball: xtremepaintball.com: Zap Spank
2) 1.947 cents/ball: a-1paintballstore.com: Zap Spank
1) 1.785 cents/ball: xtremepaintball.com: Draxxus Midnight*

I added Paintball Gear USA to the list, I don't like their $3 handling charge, but they got some cheap prices on their cheaper paint. (8-6-06)

* There are 2 different prices for this because they are running a special where you get 4 140 round pods free with the order of Draxxus Midnight. If you take into account the values of those tubes, you get a better price per ball.
Now, lets look at the worst sites I found (3rd worst to worst):
3) II Sports- 3 cents/ball for Nelson Nelsplat. This is much higher than many other sites and the shipping charges were tremendous.
2) Xtremez.com- Again, cheap brands like Core and Nelsplat at 3 cents/ball, also much higher than other sites and again the shipping charges were very high.
1) orderpaintball.com- I was excited about this site because it's actually a nice website. However, not only is free shipping not available on paintballs but they tack on a $8 handling charge to each order.

One site I was not able to assess was Paintball Gateway. For some reason the website wasn't working properly and you couldn't add paint to your cart. I tried to e-mail them about the problem and they never got back to me...so customer service is questionable in my opinion.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if there are any sites you know of that would be competitive with these sites (the good ones) in price. But please do not list sites that are running temporary specials or are selling seconds only (at a good price) or any site where you need to order more than 4 cases to get free shipping.

This post has been edited by aslanprime: 06 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#2 User is offline   NickM 

• Minnesota!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TASTESLIKECHICKEN

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

Pin this. Right now. Great work. You are my Idol for doing all this.
Farmland Paintball Club ~~~Honor~~Integrity~~Community~~~

#3 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

Buying in bulk is still best IMO.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#4 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

View PostNickM, on Jul 9 2006, 05:32 PM, said:

Pin this. Right now. Great work. You are my Idol for doing all this.

Thanks. That makes me an "American Idol". ;)

This most likely won't get pinned due to the fact that it's not comprehensive enough. Who knows, maybe if I get some recommendations from others about sites I might have missed...and maybe if I keep up with it, updating it and such...then maybe it'll get pinned down the road...but probably not right away.

I hope it's helpful! But I shouldn't get too much credit as being a "generous guy"...since the main reason for creating it was a selfish one...me getting cheaper paint! :angry:
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#5 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:45 AM

:excl: I found another site to crack the top 10, assassinspaintball.com. I've added it into the post. :wacko:

#6 User is offline   AirH0g 

• I mod while you sleep
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AirH0g

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

Good post, I was actually looking at ordering some paint last night, wish i would of seen this it would of saved some time. I ended up finding out (the long way) that firstcall/scanline... had the best price for the Zap chronic i want to try.
I'm afraid to order though knowing I'm about the last stop on my UPS drivers route, which means they will be sitting in that big brown oven all day in Florida heat.

Anybody have any problems ordering paint online in the summer?
I would hate to spend the dough for some good paint for no reason.

#7 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

View PostAirH0g, on Aug 3 2006, 12:43 PM, said:

Good post, I was actually looking at ordering some paint last night, wish i would of seen this it would of saved some time. I ended up finding out (the long way) that firstcall/scanline... had the best price for the Zap chronic i want to try.
I'm afraid to order though knowing I'm about the last stop on my UPS drivers route, which means they will be sitting in that big brown oven all day in Florida heat.

Anybody have any problems ordering paint online in the summer?
I would hate to spend the dough for some good paint for no reason.

I haven't ordered any online yet this year, but last time I did...it was hot out...and I was very surprised at how good of shape it was in...no breaks. I think I got it from Action Village.

#8 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

Here's an Excel sheet with some of the top online paintball dealers prices for paint.

Paint prices are for 2000rnd cases only. If I couldn't find a 2000rnd case, it wasn't added (ex: Diablo Dusk)
Some brands (Such as Inertia vs Inertia Pro, or Chronic vs Chronic 420) I did not separate. I went with the lower cost of the two (and there's about a $10 difference between Inertia and Inertia Pro)

There are 22 companies, and 102 different Paint models as listed by the companies.

http://myweb.cableon...ntball_cost.xls

Yes I was bored.

EDIT: I'm going to go back through and put a High, Low, and average cost in there also.

This post has been edited by sartek: 04 August 2006 - 04:17 AM

"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

#9 User is offline   Badmintoner 

• Peace!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

View Postsartek, on Aug 3 2006, 08:16 PM, said:

Here's an Excel sheet with some of the top online paintball dealers prices for paint.

http://myweb.cableon...ntball_cost.xls

Nice work! Very helpful.

#10 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:34 AM

Well, the problem with the spreadsheet is it doesn't include shipping and handling charges...but it does give me a couple more sites to review.

Remember, ordering paint online is tricky because of varying shipping and handling charges. Like I said in my original post, a site like orderpaintball.com has some great prices on cases of paint...but when you tack on the expensive shipping costs and the $8 handling charge....they become one of the most expensive sites. That's why I did my research from the "price per ball" perspective...to take into account all of the "hidden" charges which often time make paint as much as 75% more expensive than the price listed per case.

#11 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:33 PM

Thanks again for that spreadsheet...I was able to check prices on 5 additional websites...that means I think I've checked somewhere between 30-40 websites total.

Most of the ones from your list that I checked didn't crack either of the top 10s...but Paintball Gear USA did have good prices (even after shipping and handling :) ) on their cheapest paint.

I'm also trying to compile a list similar to your spreadsheet, by brand...but my list is not geared towards the high end paint...so I'd probably be missing alot of it. Right now I think I'm just short of 45 different brands.

#12 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

Anybody have some sites where they get some good deals? I'd like to make this as comprehensive as possible...so if you happen upon this thread and you have a place to buy paint online where you think the deals are pretty good...and it's not already listed...feel free to post it.

The more comprehensive the list...the better! ;)

#13 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:16 AM

I recently got a suggestion to check out compulsivepaintball.com. I heard they had decent prices and free shipping however when I went to place the order there was shipping and handling added. Someone said that they remove it after you pay...but that doesn't sound right. Why add it in the first place?

Right now I'm working off a spreadsheet that lists prices for various grades of paint and I can sort it by store and it says how many cases you have to order to get the price. I also have a list that lists the best prices I found by brand. However, I didn't post all that because the goal was simply to answer the question, "Where can I get the best deal on paint?" and "Where can I get the best deal on paint if I only want to order one case?"

I didn't want to list actual stores by name if they didn't have good prices...didn't want it to seem to be a "bashfest" or start arguements. However, just to give you some indication of the types of shipping and handling charges encountered:

Shipping/Handling charges ranged from $0 - $22.50 per case

The average shipping and Handling charge per case was approximately 13.67/case.

Sites with little or no shipping/handling charges:
Firstcall/Skanline Paintball ($3.00)
Action Village (free with $79.99 purchase)
Assassins Paintball (free on bulk orders)
a-1paintball ($4.95)
Compulsive Paintball ($6.05)
Supply Depot Warehouse ($5.50)

Sites with high shipping/handling charges:
Paintball On Demand ($18.25)
paintballexpress ($13.98 - $19.53)
xtremepaintball ($17.85)
orderpaintball.com ($20.79)
xtremez ($20.05)
IISports ($22.50)

But remember, the point of the post is price per ball. Sometimes sites have great prices on paint but high shipping charges. For example, xtremepaintball, IISports, and orderpaintball.com have great prices...they just tack on a not so little surprise at the end. At the same time, some sites have free shipping and no handling charges...but their price per case is a little higher. So the little lists above really don't take into account the price of the case...because it doesn't really matter how great of a deal you got on a case of paint if the final bill is high.

#14 Guest_PENGUIN188_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:31 AM

View PostJerseyPaint, on Jul 9 2006, 02:39 PM, said:

Buying in bulk is still best IMO.

Id have to agree about this we bought 15 cases of draxxus came out to $28.50 a case.

If you buy one case from same place it's $40.00

#15 User is offline   paintman2151 

• COMMAND SERGENT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

STICKY STICKY < need this when summer rolls around >
Check out my D-Day Scenario Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw31DMkJWl4...re=channel_page

^^^^WATCH THE VIDEO^^^^

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users