• You cannot reply to this topic

Pirahna LB Grips? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

I just got some brass, and im sooo in love with it, like omg that thing is sexy. It's a project gun (got it for 40 bucks), so its got some issues. And I know nothing about brass

1) theres no grips... normally i wouldnt worry, but i order stuff online, and the grip frame seems way thinner than normal guns...?
2) it leaks apparently, havent tested it, gonna replace the oring, but i didnt know if there was anything else i should know.
3) its got a pin holding the trigger in place. what should be there and where to i get it?
4) its got green stuff all over the aluminum pump handle... how do i get it off without scratching it?
5) is there anything i sshould know when polishing the brass, or anything else i should be careful of?
6) the little ball site at the end of the barrel is gone. can i replace it?

This post has been edited by Becc: 20 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

#2 User is offline   Overkillforeva 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

1.On MCB you should be able to find some wood grips for cheap or Rubber Grips for it, they take Sheridan grips, which is secured with a single screw.

2.Not sure.

3.Not sure.

4.Not sure.

5.Don't polish everyday or you'll go blind. :rolleyes:

6.Ask around MCB, I replaced mine with a small gold colored nail soldered on the the end of the barrel, but my whole site pin was missing.

Sorry..I'm not very helpful.
I am amazed that I spend countless hours on this site yet only post during a small percentage of that time.
Poor newb in need of pumpy goodness. Donations greatly enjoyed!
Orange:The color of Childhood Cancer Light Blue:The color of leukemia. I am a survivor.
I think I love Becc

#3 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

alrighty, grips, look on mcb
leak go to palmers and buy an o-ring rebuild
the pin in the trigger was done by myself, it was a nessecary thing and grips covered it up soo....
the green stuff was paint from a previous owner, i got all that i could off.. you could try hot water and a medium or fine grit sanding sponge...
don't polish it.. it looks better like it is
and the ball site can be found on airsoldier.com
Becc you coulda pm'd me. I just didn't Have time to fix it, not that i didn't know what was up :rolleyes:
Droop

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#4 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

haha i figured youd find the thread anyway, and i had to brag.

brake cleaner is doing a good job of taking the paint off... and making me a wee bit high... who in their right mind paints beautiful aluminum like that GREEN?

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

View PostBecc, on Sep 20 2009, 10:15 AM, said:

I just got some brass, and im sooo in love with it, like omg that thing is sexy. It's a project gun (got it for 40 bucks), so its got some issues. And I know nothing about brass

1) theres no grips... normally i wouldnt worry, but i order stuff online, and the grip frame seems way thinner than normal guns...?
2) it leaks apparently, havent tested it, gonna replace the oring, but i didnt know if there was anything else i should know.
3) its got a pin holding the trigger in place. what should be there and where to i get it?
4) its got green stuff all over the aluminum pump handle... how do i get it off without scratching it?
5) is there anything i sshould know when polishing the brass, or anything else i should be careful of?
6) the little ball site at the end of the barrel is gone. can i replace it?

1. Sheridan's take sheridan grips. There are only a handful of grip available for them. First are the stock plastic/wood panels. Then upgrade from that to PMI rubbers, hard to find now that PPS is out of stock, can usually find in MCB BST. Good for a nice grip, but not if you have big hands...your hands are tiny, you should be fine. Up from that is Taso Battle Grips, i had those on my SS. They are big and beefy, for huge hands. Then last you can get custom wood grips made for you. Only a few people do them. Shartley used to be the best Sheridan wood grip maker out there...but he hasnt made any in years.

Panels (custom wood, but same idea)
Posted Image

PMI Rubbers
Posted Image

Battle Grips
Posted Image

Whatever ones you want, let me know and i can sniff em out for you. :(

2. Like sparta said, PPS, get an oring kit. I can loan you my sheridan valve tool, you will neede it to open up the valve and get it out. Different then a cocker valve tool. Not hard to replace seals, just takes a minute.

3. Droop got that.

4. Goo be Gone works great too. Or just soak it for awhile, like overnight in something

5. Don't polish unless you want to have to polish it every other week. Polished brass tarnishes very fast. Leave the finish on it. It looks old school and purdy now.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

A small ball bearing and some solder will replace that sight bead (Or you can pay 25 bucks for palmers to do it)
Oiling where the pump handle meets the lower tube makes LB's pump stroke godly.
There is 4 flat seals that could leak as well as the valve o-rings. The flat seals are located under the bajo bolts on the back bottle adapter. (They hold a seal surpisingly well even when all of teh screws are loose)
Also, remember you could rebuild the whole thing with the parts palmers has.

I am PayPal Verified.

#7 User is offline   SR-Stevie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Steeel Reserve

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

do all they say...then trade it to me :wacko: I've got a trraccer, sl-68II and a kingman hammer all with your name on it.

but seriously, post some pictures up :D

#8 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

sparta never posted in here legs, i got that...

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#9 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

View PostDroop, on Sep 21 2009, 11:45 AM, said:

sparta never posted in here legs, i got that...

Sorry was up 24+ hours when i posted that. Sorry. :) I am so used to Sparta being on top of things like that. My bad. :D I need sleeps. :(
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users