• You cannot reply to this topic

Non-coiled remote Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Haven't been able to find a non-coiled remote. I know about what length I need, and it's consistent. I've pretty much confirmed the resistance my coiled remote is putting on air coming through is limiting my marker's bps and velocity consistency, mainly due to recharge time.

What do I need to make one? Steel braided hose? I have enough 1/8" NPT fittings from the coiled remote(s) I have already.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:11 AM

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...systems-remotes

#3 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

View PostSlivers, on Aug 26 2008, 09:49 PM, said:

Haven't been able to find a non-coiled remote. I know about what length I need, and it's consistent. I've pretty much confirmed the resistance my coiled remote is putting on air coming through is limiting my marker's bps and velocity consistency, mainly due to recharge time.

What do I need to make one? Steel braided hose? I have enough 1/8" NPT fittings from the coiled remote(s) I have already.

If you decide to make one-make sure you put a slide check on it. And take GREAT CARE when using a steel line- I have seen people get whipped by their own remote.

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

I prefer ball valves over slide checks - there's no o-rings to worry about. I don't see how you get whipped by your remote line, but if it worries you can always shrink wrap the line after you're done.

3-4 feet is the common length. The nice thing about making your own is you can customize it to your comfort. I would recommend using something similar like a stiff string to find out what length you want. Palmer's Pursuit Shop makes the nicest I've seen - it's finely woven and very flexible. It also come with nicked plated ends. You can also order custom lengths from them.

However, remote lines shouldn't cause any slow down in recharge time. If you're using an unregulated marker like a Tippmann or Spyder there technically is no recharge since the marker doesn't have a regulator. It's just a valve. Even crazy excessively fast shooting over 15-20+ bps is not hindered by a remote line. Microline is the only thing that ever really can choke air flow. For gaseous CO2 use remotes can sometimes increase consistency. Otherwise a remote line will have no impact on consistency. I can't guarantee that a new remote line will solve your problem.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:23 PM

The remote shouldn't cause any inconsistencies or affect your recharge time at all as far as I know. I have shot guns off remotes up to around 30-35 BPS and haven't had any troubles at all. Make sure you aren't screwing in the tank too far to the remote, and make sure you don't screw the "on/off knob" (Can't think of the proper name) on the remote in all the way, it can sometimes cut off the air supply by closing off the pin valve on your tank.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users