Special Ops Paintball: what to do if this happens again? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what to do if this happens again? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

ok just recently i was playing a game of woodsball with a bunch of my friends. and anyway's i took out a 12 man patrol and we were walking down a path and out of no wher the other teams just spring up and start charging down a slope at us on both sides. if any of u people have seen the begining of We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson. if u have then it pretty much happend like what happend at the begining of the movie where the French troops get ther butts ambushed and slaughtered. we wer throwing grenades and everything but still couldnt stop them and i get shot in the butt lol. im a pretty good commander when it comes to commanding big open battles but i really suck when it comes to gurilla warfare. and i need to know what im supposed to do if i get ambushed like that again? thanks. :D

#2 Guest_MOATI_*

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

The best bet is to NOT get ambushed.

To accomplish that, send a player or 2 off to either side of your formation. Send them out far enough to be able to watch for an ambush but keep within communication range. Best case scenario is they spot the OPFOR and you turn the attact onto them (or you're able to avoid them if you have a more important mission at the time). Worst case scenario, one of your guys gets taken out but it's well before you're in the "kill zone" and you have a much better chance of defeating the attempted ambush.

#3 Guest_b_soukup_*

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

View PostMOATI, on May 7 2008, 10:24 PM, said:

The best bet is to NOT get ambushed.

To accomplish that, send a player or 2 off to either side of your formation. Send them out far enough to be able to watch for an ambush but keep within communication range. Best case scenario is they spot the OPFOR and you turn the attact onto them (or you're able to avoid them if you have a more important mission at the time). Worst case scenario, one of your guys gets taken out but it's well before you're in the "kill zone" and you have a much better chance of defeating the attempted ambush.

k thanks for the help. but what am i supposed to do if i somehow get ambushed? just make a run for it? :P

#4 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

IF you get ambushed, get into cover as fast as possible. Make angles and turn it into a firefight which you can work out of from there.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#5 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

Punch through.

Simply getting into cover is not going to get you out of this one. You are faceing a double flanking and just getting into cover will lead to being completely inveloped. Pick a direction and go, markers blazing and break out. Once you are free manuvre or dig in and fight, but don't fight it out from a position where you are flanked on two sides.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#6 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

It is possible to get to cover while being flanked from both sides.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#7 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

but usualy not long term successful. Out maned and out flanked, going to ground only delays the inevitable. Besides he says hes good in the open field, therefore the best solution is get out of there where he can manuvre and counter attack.

Also check out the use of initiative thread.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#8 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

Staged fighting retreat would work well here in case MOATI's plan has an ambush slip through the cracks.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Pick the weaker flank and charge through it into cover. And make sure to have a couple guys cover your tail with suppressive fire.
Of course, this all needs to happen in about 3 seconds. Thats why you need to practice this over with your team and assign guys to lead and guard the rear of the charge.

#10 User is offline   Galen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:#33

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

there are different kind of ambushes so be sure to go over all posible senerios.

how i would ge out of that particular one is i would push the weaker side if indeed there is one, if not would push the side that has the best posialbe cover from the other side ,then have a fire team lay down supressing fire to the side your not going up. at the same time order your other teammates to push up the hill if/when you get to the top of the hill have your teammates lay supressing fire so you can get your fire team out.

sound good? :panzer:

This post has been edited by Galen: 08 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

#11 Guest_b_soukup_*

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:32 AM

View PostGalen, on May 8 2008, 08:41 PM, said:

there are different kind of ambushes so be sure to go over all posible senerios.

how i would ge out of that particular one is i would push the weaker side if indeed there is one, if not would push the side that has the best posialbe cover from the other side ,then have a fire team lay down supressing fire to the side your not going up. at the same time order your other teammates to push up the hill if/when you get to the top of the hill have your teammates lay supressing fire so you can get your fire team out.

sound good? B)

ya it sounds pretty good. :ghillie:

#12 User is offline   3rd Recon 

• Coming Home to CA soon!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:3rd Recon

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

The problem with Picking a side and pushing through it is that you will take extremely heavy losses and you still dont have a guarantee that you'll get to cover. The smartest thing you can do would be to go to some ware you know is clear of opfor. Now Im not saying that you need to turn tail and run however if you have a 12 man team and you are keeping th proper dispersal ratios you'll stretch a good 30 feet long, crazy I know. so realistically you can make your team look larger than it is by having a contingency plan of when you get ambushed the rear 1/3 will drop off for a counter attack. the middle and front 1/3s will follow a leapfrog retreat until they are clear of the ambush and has the opfor in front of them as opposed to having them on two sides. Now you can have time to send firing squads to maneuver. However deciding which side is weaker is impossible to do when being ambushed. This also works if you run forward, but it is more risky. Also If you have a small squad this tactic does not work due to lack of fire power.
Tippmann Owners Club #63 - My Feedback +4/-0
Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money

#13 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

It really depends on the situation. If you manage to get yourself in a position to where you get ambushed like that again, there isn't much you can do. If the other team is experienced, and they've planned it out, you'll be lucky to get out without getting shot. Your best bet is to just try and take as many out as you can before they get you. I think the reason why MOATI gave you the advice on how to stay out of an ambush is because once you get ambushed, unless you're lucky, it's not going to be pretty. No matter what you do, you're more than likely going to suffer heavy losses.

Once you're in an ambush situation and there's nothing you can do to avoid it, there's really only a few strategies you can go with. You can run through it, you can dig in and trade fire, or you can retreat. What form of those three you use depends highly on the situation.

#14 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

Well I'm posting this here because it's a similar situation. The story is kinda cool and a good example of sticking it out.

The situation: Scenario game. six flag stations, one at each CP and four at large. You can reinsert at any flag station that is flying your color as long as you did not get shot/eliminated within 25 yds/ 75 ft of it. My force is 15 players between two flag stations. A thick bramble made up of berry bushes and willow trees makes up the 100 ft between us and the left tape line. two of my 15 are setting in ambush positions along the few trails through the bramble. To my right is an drained pond. (I have played scenarios at this field when the pond has been full.) The far side of the pond is another trail and a ridge line. This is less than half the width of the field. Our field of fire covers the whole of the pond and the far trail. Behind us is a clearing that contains a flag station with our our colors. Ahead is the enemy flag station. We are forcing ourselves down the choke point that my trail consists of. As I said before a portion of our fire power is occationaly redirected to the right shuting down the pond and the trail.

The Bad news: A LARGE force of enemy players pushed up the opposite side of the ridge past the trail on the far side of the pond. They come in behind us and cut us off from out flag station raising their flag. Then start pushing up the choke point trail I occupy and trying to establish themselves on the trail on the far side of the pond. My force isn't making headway and can't go back. Moving to the right will allow the enemy to create a full envelopement and I will lose the angel to shut down any part of the trail on the far side as well as being in the open and down hill from all enemies. The trails through the bramble are single file crawling at best. We are not pinned down per say but we can't move significantly.

The Answer: We kept shooting and two good things happened simultaneously. One key section of the forces in front of us tried to move to get an angel and was eliminated. (Two players attempting a simultaneus move) Then my two snipers made it through the bramble and popped out flanking the enemy infront of us. We fought a retreating advance. (We were moving forward in terms of field position but due to the enemy behind us we had to opperate like a fallback or retreat.) We changed the flag and found virtually no opposition between us and the enemy CP. We launched an assault on the HQ (Three players including the General and XO defending) Changed the flag at the HQ and followed the Enemys trail back to our original flag station. The enemy hadn't pursued us hard because they had the rest of our "army" to contend with.

The point is to not panic and give up in the face of being surrounded. Then watch for an opening and exploit it when it presents itself.

#15 User is offline   DaggerofBWUK 

• Theknightofbwuk-dagger styley
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

what MOATI said.

But if the *doohicky* hits the fan, there's a few possible tactics/crazy ideas that might just work.

Ranging from 1(the best)-4(the craziest)
1:Fighting retreat.
2:Punch through the weakest side
3:Split into 5 sections, 1/5 stays to fight and keep the opfor down, while 2/5 of your guys head back the way you came and the other 2/5 push forward and the 4/5 that are out of the danger zone then split and 2/5 go around the back of each side of attackers, thus surrounding the entire gurrila force.
4:stay put and lay down some heavy-butt fire, all balls to the enemy!

If you ever begin to faulter slap yourself or if the oppertunerty arrises appoint your lietenant the commanding officer for the counter-attack, you never want to over presurize yourself it's bad and it could get you sent to the dead hut.

@Prophet, nice record, I would love to play a campain game.

This post has been edited by DaggerofBWUK: 23 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

"May be the new kid on the block
but that don't really matter
'Cos I is from Gloucestershire
and I can drive a tra-ar"

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users