• You cannot reply to this topic

sniping information yes a sniping thing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   slayermaster 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:slayermaster

Post icon  Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

well if you want to be a sniper first STOP go through the forms and learn what a sniper is if your still interested come back!
well if you've learned it a sniper can move in many different ways, the crouched run, the baby crawl ect if u read sniper tactics you should know all of these! anyway
asembling your coarse
exercise uno: baby crawl: when you baby crawl you should have moderate cover and good noise the reason is because if u dont pracitice the baby crawl you will move to slow and be shot =u ded ):
pracitce moving fast but be silent, most likely you make more noise when u go faster, try to change this
full on crawl: the full on crawl is when you flatten yourself on the ground and have your gun flat, if your gun has a happen consider a q-loader these are very low profile or magazine fed
anyway when you do a full on crawl you need to me absolutely silent push with your toes and pull with your fingers im serius,
here are some ways to practice staying low: if you can make a small LOW box and try crawling under it until your mass can not get under but just crawl around your yard crawling causes you to sweat and not focus and maybe fog up your mask to prevent this crawl in your backyard and build stamina
crouched running: this a snipers fastest way of moving (no you can not running dummmmy) when you do this you are in a crouched low positiion have your legs crouched low and body down, have your gun in a good way that it uses your arms, your arms operate your feet if you move your ARM back and fort from where it is connected to your body keep it in an L position so that it wont move practice this without your gun then get your gun and use the same principle the faster you move your arms the faster your feet will move but dont move your feet to fast or you can trip and fall creating lots of noise you can practice this if you fell necesary but this will not usuauly help you was you need to stay hidden at most times,
another thing go in places you YOURSELF wouldnt go like if theres a hollow log say ' BOINK YEA' unless theres a bear inside ur good lol (i am not responsible if this is a big mountain dew bottle) anyway being silent is vital for a sniper practice moving quietly and sneek up on people at your house and companny (i scared my moms friend DOO DOOless when she turned around and saw my gun lol) anyway try sneaking up on birds if you can get realy close to a bird and have it not move getting close to a person is easy as *******%&$^$(* yes it is,
gear: what you think you need and what you need
now parts of gear that you should get
a full giulle suit: this is essencial but make sure you have the right colors or it is useless as a peece of poo
also dot sites: thes are sometimes spotted by enemies but are a good investment as scopes usualy have problems unless its for spotting

there are many debates over a "sniper gun"
some guns are BETTER than others that much is true but!!! a better gun does not make you better!
the gun does not make the sniper the sniper makes the gun
without one the other is useless! what is a gun without a user what is a sniper with an m16?
dont think " I HAVE AN UBER GUN IM SO L33T IM GUNNA GET SO MANY KILLS" thats not even what sniping is about but make sure your gun can reach the abilitys you need it fore like get a strong reliable woodsball gun

=Dirty Acronym MY MASK IS ALLFOGY BOINKL!!!!!FUJAOAHSC
does this happen to you? make sure your goggles are equiped with a fan and anti fog spray nothing ruins a shot more than fog!
speeking of shots after you take a shot DONT BOINKING MOVE no matter what unless you have fire being shot at you there is no nead to fire 10 shots and your ammo capacity
if you have a spec ops longbow then one clip has 21 shots on it dont waste one or your a fool
characteristics you need to be a sniper
you must be patient
you must let your enemies walk right past you fire when there backs are turned or when they are distracted
u need balls of steel
you need teamwork ! if you are a solo person this isnt for you thou u are alone most of the time you need to coaperate with your team radioing information and telling them numbers and how well armed they are this is a where a spotting scope is VERY good if you can caryy a sight and a scope
----i know some of this has bin said before and i just wanted to say something about sniping thank you for reading the whole thing

#2 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

What?! ghillie is not a necesity. i am a sabre with ACU, and i often snipe when our main sniper gets eliminated. also, red dot sights are better than lasers, if that's what you mean.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   TheChaplain 

• solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:15 PM

i agree with HOUND1, ghillie is not a necessity (although it helps a lot)
I say if you can hide with normal camo then dont waste ur money
You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you

#4 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:42 PM

I think snipers should have a ghillie.. It isnt a necesity but it helps, if you are laying down in thick grass hiding and nobody can see you. Idk, I dont really think thats sniping because you cant see them either. And yes you could peek up and see them without them seeing you. But usually this leaves your flanks open. Meaning, opponents that are behind you and/or next to you will be able to see you better.

Once you throw on a nice ghillie and the opponent looks at you and you look back. He doesnt see you and you see him. You've gotta clear shot and he doesnt even think to shoot at you. That is more of a sniper in my eyes. Just popping up and ambushing someone and popping down isnt a paintball sniper or even an ambush sniper in my eyes. Thats just guerilla tactics..

#5 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:02 AM

Ghillies are, as far as I can tell, nothing more than an optional accessory.

I've never seen one used effectively in the 10 years I've been playing paintball for a variety of reasons.

A: Color mismatch. You've got to be absolutely correct when using a ghillie to blend in with your surroundings. Fail at this, and you might as well wear blaze orange.

B: The most cautions, sneaky, and observant snipers, often put their freakin ghillies on right in the staging area. Every player in the neighborhood knows that to look for before the paint even starts to fly.

C: Ghillied players often rely too much on their gear to keep them from being seen, this leads to overconfidence, and elimination. The idea that you can sneak across an open area just because you've got a chillie suit is a humorous one. It often leads to failure.

D: Bounce rule.

E: It hinders your movement when you have to run.

This is why a lot of people decide against ghillies. They're more touble than they're worth.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#6 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

My eyes are bleeding and I skimmed that post...

Ghillie, fans, "Woodsball" Guns... You need to play ALOT more and stop reading the internets, they're not helping.

#7 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:11 PM

View PostReb, on Nov 29 2007, 01:02 PM, said:

Ghillies are, as far as I can tell, nothing more than an optional accessory.

I've never seen one used effectively in the 10 years I've been playing paintball for a variety of reasons.

As usual, Reb is not particularly constructive in his Sniper HQ posts, but he does make several excellent points which I agree with:

A: Color mismatch. You've got to be absolutely correct when using a ghillie to blend in with your surroundings. Fail at this, and you might as well wear blaze orange.

Absolutely correct. A ghillie suit should be constructed so that it may be improvised to blend in with variable field environments.

B: The most cautions, sneaky, and observant snipers, often put their freakin ghillies on right in the staging area. Every player in the neighborhood knows that to look for before the paint even starts to fly.

Also a good point, and this is one of my big issues with some snipers. No one should know a sniper in their midst until the sniper makes contact in field. If you're going to wear a ghillie, suit up and remove your ghillie in the field. Even if snipers are allowed to pre-stage, suit up in field so know one knows what to look for.

C: Ghillied players often rely too much on their gear to keep them from being seen, this leads to overconfidence, and elimination. The idea that you can sneak across an open area just because you've got a chillie suit is a humorous one. It often leads to failure.

Yup. Ghillie (and any gear for that matter) expectations are usually much higher than actual field performance. You are attempting to become invisible, but remember, you never really are. If you expect to get detected, it makes you more cautious, and encourages you to have a contingency plan or exit strategy. Don't blame your equipment when you fail to be prepared.

D: Bounce rule.

A definite disadvantage for snipers, which while increasing the challenge, can add some thrill as well.

E: It hinders your movement when you have to run.

A ghillie hinders your movement doing anything, especially running. This is more of an issue with cloak-type ghillies, than sewn on jumpsuit styles. However, sewn on styles take longer to suit up than cloak styles. But, if you're running a lot, you are not hiding very well, you are not being very selective with your shots, you are engaging the opposition too long, you are not coordinating your efforts with a team, and/or you are not picking a location with a good back door.

This is why a lot of people decide against ghillies. They're more touble than they're worth.

Not to mention HOT! But, you don't need a ghillie to play the sniper role. Playing a sniper and wearing a ghillie is a lot of work, but you can't reasonably expect more out, than the effort you are willing to put into something. It's kind of like fishing. When I go fishing alone or a with a good buddy, we usually go for something a little more challenging to catch. We have the patience to be more particular about what we catch, and we anticipate that we are likely to catch less because of that, but we enjoy each other's company and the experience just the same. When I take a kid fishing, I know they aren't really that particular about what they catch, they just want action. So we go after bluegill or crappie. Kids love 'em, and the fish almost seem to want to play along. In either case, we have rarely gone home with a "trophy", but always a smile and good memories, despite the "catch". Sometimes, that's worth a lot, despite the troubles.

I know Reb rarely offers constructive criticism in the Sniper HQ, but that doesn't mean people here should disregard what he says just because he is opposed to the position. He's been disappointed by what he has seen, and only those who want to play the sniper role can change that perspective. If you read what he says, and then respond to that criticism by improvising your tactics in the field, it will make you a better sniper. None of us will ever achieve "White Feather" status, but maybe going home with a few happy memories and smiles on our faces is enough.
:dodgy:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

Also, try wearing a real, homemade ghillie in the middle of july.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Reapa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reapa

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:24 AM

mind you i am new to specops action ghille but i used some with my longbow at ion this year at skirmishand it worked minty! i saw 11 people I shot 11 people mind you i played only for an hour I family issues and i couldnt play anymore involved my son i had to leave you see but the best was the nickname was from my own team "swampthing" and my favorite quote from a 16 yearold and his 4 friends I thought you were a G8D dammed bush they were 10 feet from me when i stood up after 3 mins of them deciding on what to do they were my allies not the same team and the fact of the bad sniper running in the fern outfit i busted in the head good day worth the 9 hour drive and now im trying to do ghostflanker local for a team
[topic="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=57886"]Official ref#69[/topic]

#10 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

View PostReapa, on Dec 4 2007, 02:24 AM, said:

the best was the nickname was from my own team "swampthing"

They must have been confused :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic