• You cannot reply to this topic

Countering Snipers Getting Rid of the Pesky Things Rate Topic: -----

#271 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

Yes but If the first sniper is worth his weight he'll counter your sniper.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#272 User is offline   Uhlan 

• Cavalryman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Uhlan

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:45 PM

I wonder...

Most of the fields I've been too aren't that big, that is the roped off day-to-day playing areas. You can usually see the whole thing and the games are fast and furious - more like gunfights. In a game like that, where's a sniper get time to get into position and do a job especially trying to move while dressed like a mat of kelp?

In a game with space to maneuver, and some time to maneuver, now you're talking about snipers in their element.

For the team, or squad:

Move quietly and alertly. Noise keeps you from hearing his shot and likely subsequent movement - like rolling out-of-site behind more cover from his shooting position. Point/Dagger should be out front, moving quietly and looking for traps. Stopping now and then, listening, smelling, looking.

Open the formation. What could be more juicy than multiple targets lined up and close together? Spaced out, he might not know there's more folks coming when he shoots and the next guy in column happens to be right on top of him. Never walk down the middle, the column is staggered left and right - increasing the space between men further. Each man watches his area according to his place in the column. The column stops and does a look-n-listen now and then.

A column moves with security set out: advance guard, rear guard, flankers; all out from the column far enough to provide ample warning and keep the column itself from announcing their presence.

If the terrain allows it - put out flankers. A couple of guys, or pairs 30-50 feet off track on either flank, or a pair of Daggers moving on either flank and on point. The sniper's got to be close enough to the track - a flanker may spot him from his rear before the column's in the fire-zone.

In regular games where there isn't the space or time, you might advance on a broad front minimizing the sniper's effectiveness. A second line further back could catch him trying to reposition or nab anyone who let the first line pass and is trying for a back-shot.

Eos stupra si jocum nesciunt accipere
M16A1 Project

#273 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:03 AM

it is impossible to hide from my kind and to kill us. Well at least those of us that have elite skills, not the elite title.
You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#274 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

well if he does get killed youll get an extemely good idea of where he is

#275 User is offline   devaldoog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:silentstryker

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

if he is good it's impossible :laugh: :laugh:

#276 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

Fact #1 No one is perfect. (except for One and the good people of this earth crucified him for it)

Fact #2 Even the best sniper makes a mistake sometime.

Fact #3 Even the best squad is gonna take a sniper casualty sooner or later.

I figure the point of this thread is "What do you do to minimize the damage a sniper is capable of doing to your squad?"

Formation. Several angles of eyes are more likely to see him than a single angle. Once he fires several angles of players make it harder for him to escape. A properly spaced squad makes it harder for him to eliminate more than one member of your squad easily before retaliation.

Discipline. Not flogging anyone who screws up but presance of mind. Your squad needs to be mentaly disciplined to not go to peices when fired upon by a concieled sniper or when confronted with an ambush. Know your role, Do your job.

Planning. If your the man eliminated by the sniper does your squad have a plan of action. When confronted with a sniper does your team have a plan of action who does what? Does your Heavy suppress in the direction of the shot while daggers move up rapidly to hound the position? Is this the time you utilize that brand new grenadier?

Prepare your team for every probable event and they will outshine the opposition.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#277 User is offline   crank wangster 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:crank wangster

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

i would take a route that is rarely used or make my own that way we can hopefully spook the sniper and then get him in a firefight and take him out

wangsters take no prisonors :)

#278 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

View Postmagnadoid, on Jan 1 2008, 06:03 AM, said:

it is impossible to hide from my kind and to kill us. Well at least those of us that have elite skills, not the elite title.

It has been my expierence that those of you with this happy little mantra are either the first ones eliminated, or the ones that noone ever sees during the game, not even your own teammates because you're so 'stealthy' that it takes you all day to move a handful of yards while the rest of the game is going on so far away from you that you're lucky to hear any shots at all.

you make me giggle.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#279 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

have a 2 man team just mop up the tape lines... or atlest if i could actualy command these walk ons...

#280 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

depends where you git hit from, but the best general tactic is to get away from it and hit the dirt, then its a matter of hide and seek while shooting at eachother
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#281 User is offline   28spike28 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

simple, check out the enemy players before the game, then, get your sniper going on the hunt. once on the hunt, radio for a small squad of 2 or 3 to walk spread out on heavy highway(high traffic trail). the sniper should have a visual of the sqad at all times. this is called baiting. yes its risky but this sniper has raped you all day and your sick of losing. now, 1 of your boys goes down. what do you do, keep your eyes on the area of the sqad. if he moves you now have one very unlucky enemy sniper. if he is smart and stays still. pay attention to where your buddy was hit, by now the other 2 are hauling it out of there. if you cant locate where the shot came from, repeat this again chances are now that you have heard the shot, and recognize you'll pinpoint it on the 2nd attempt.once done duck walk(heel-toe-knee) wrestlers to the duck walk. its quck and efficient. ive done it myself. now...back to the scenario. once you locate the shot and are almost positive youve located him, shoot a ball past where you think he is. i said ball i dont mean your entire hopper. this will get his blood pumping and maybe get him to move. if he does, you take the shot and kill him. then send the last member of the squad back to the main force as a flanker to take out any opposition that has the rest of the boys bogged down. then you come behind the enemy base for win.

#282 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

play on a field with 0 (zero) cover

#283 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

View Post28spike28, on Feb 21 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

simple, check out the enemy players before the game, then, get your sniper going on the hunt. once on the hunt, radio for a small squad of 2 or 3 to walk spread out on heavy highway(high traffic trail). the sniper should have a visual of the sqad at all times. this is called baiting. yes its risky but this sniper has raped you all day and your sick of losing. now, 1 of your boys goes down. what do you do, keep your eyes on the area of the sqad. if he moves you now have one very unlucky enemy sniper. if he is smart and stays still. pay attention to where your buddy was hit, by now the other 2 are hauling it out of there. if you cant locate where the shot came from, repeat this again chances are now that you have heard the shot, and recognize you'll pinpoint it on the 2nd attempt.once done duck walk(heel-toe-knee) wrestlers to the duck walk. its quck and efficient. ive done it myself. now...back to the scenario. once you locate the shot and are almost positive youve located him, shoot a ball past where you think he is. i said ball i dont mean your entire hopper. this will get his blood pumping and maybe get him to move. if he does, you take the shot and kill him. then send the last member of the squad back to the main force as a flanker to take out any opposition that has the rest of the boys bogged down. then you come behind the enemy base for win.

i agree with this, great post spike, keep it up. i do something similar to this but at this time i don't have a designated sniper, i usually use my 18 inch barrel and try to long ball while my squad wedge formation moves forward into the hot area, once i find the enemy i use the (alpha) squad to engage in a 50/50 fight, while i call in my support team to move in from the back, while i take the 3rd flank and keep his head down, now scared he's looking for a way out if he runs support has the rear, and if he stays put alpha and me close in on his flanks. confusing but works well in the moment.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users