• You cannot reply to this topic

Phantom in 2 weeks Woohoo! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

Well, I sold my Droid so I could buy an RX and wound up spending the money to send my wife to Wayne Dollack's Grand Finale to play with Destiny Army so I don't have enough funds for the marker I want so, it's time for me to get into pump. I'm buying:
- Silver Phantom
- 11" Barrel
- Center Feed (open class)
- 45 Frame
- BottomLine Air
- Drop Forward as an extra since I'll be running a 45/4500 and I'm not sure if I'll need the drop or not
- Detent Rings, trigger shoe, spring seal kit etc. etc.

Thank you Mr. Taxman, now would you please hurry up and deposit that check?!?!

The one thing I do want to change is the feedneck. I heard that you're supposedly able to fit an Impy feedneck or something onto a Phantom. Can anyone help me with info on that?

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

There are a numer of custom feednecks that can be done. Gen is very good at putting an Ego clamper on the center feed breech.
There is also the fact that a tabed Spyder feed nack could be mounted on a stock class breech.

The feed neck issue is not tough...just more money.

#3 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

Really, I'd go for the Stock Class breech, then you can just pull off the feedneck and buy a Noxx55 Open Class adapter and then you just put an Angel threaded feedneck on there and you're golden. Plus you have the SC feed if you ever want to try it.

Also, the right feed is really nice, you can sight down the barrel, it points beautifully.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#4 User is offline   ThirdI 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

I've tried stock class-ish and I play too much scenario. I like having a 50 round hopper to use when I'm engaging 10 targets at once.

#5 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostThirdI, on Feb 2 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

I've tried stock class-ish and I play too much scenario. I like having a 50 round hopper to use when I'm engaging 10 targets at once.

well, really I'd go for the SC breech and hopper adapter. It's ultimately up to you though. :)

Also, Slowerpig81 has a really nice Phantom setup, it's a rear air right feed with a 14" barrel, it's really amazingly easy to sight down the barrel.

Why do you want to run a 45/45? That'd last you at least a case or more. Phantoms don't really need HPA, they're one of those guns that work perfectly on CO2. The 45/45 will just be heavy, unless you don't plan on getting refills more than once a month, stick to a 9 ounce CO2, or a 3.5 ounce if you like.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

What he is not telling you....ThirdI has been using pump guns for the last year. He has tried just about every configuration you can image.

He is buying this set up after a large amount of testing and consideration...and tons of brain picking...my brain. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

THis is why his set up is the way it is...just what he likes.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 02 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

#7 User is offline   ThirdI 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

I seriously doubt I'd get anything close to a case off of a 45/4500 with a Phantom but, there are two reasons I will be using that at least for now. First and simplest, I'm out of work and another HPA or CO2 tank is just an extra $20+ that could be spent on paint. Secondly, and also part of the reason I chose center feed is, I'm used to your standard Droid/Cyborg setup and I will likely be going back and forth between MacDev guns and my Phantom so, if they are setup with a similar feel, it potentially won't be too different to switch back and forth. I.e. a snapshot with a Droid should be at least a similar feel to a snapshot with a Phantom.

And yes, I've been bugging Krazy like, well, crazy about it, not to mention over-loosening the velocity screw on his Phantom once or twice :whistle:

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Feb 2 2009, 02:46 PM, said:

What he is not telling you....ThirdI has been using pump guns for the last year. He has tried just about every configuration you can image.

He is buying this set up after a large amount of testing and consideration...and tons of brain picking...my brain. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

THis is why his set up is the way it is...just what he likes.

Ah. I see.

View PostThirdI, on Feb 2 2009, 10:23 PM, said:

I seriously doubt I'd get anything close to a case off of a 45/4500 with a Phantom but, there are two reasons I will be using that at least for now. First and simplest, I'm out of work and another HPA or CO2 tank is just an extra $20+ that could be spent on paint. Secondly, and also part of the reason I chose center feed is, I'm used to your standard Droid/Cyborg setup and I will likely be going back and forth between MacDev guns and my Phantom so, if they are setup with a similar feel, it potentially won't be too different to switch back and forth. I.e. a snapshot with a Droid should be at least a similar feel to a snapshot with a Phantom.

And yes, I've been bugging Krazy like, well, crazy about it, not to mention over-loosening the velocity screw on his Phantom once or twice :whistle:

Again, the best thing about Phantoms- you can set them up however the heck you want. :) Apparently this is what you want.

However, if your heart is set on OC, I still recommend the SC breech and a Noxx55 OC adapter, you can put any Angel feedneck on there. It's also a lot lower profile, more durable, and nicer looking than a plastic elbow.

#9 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:50 AM

This is most likely what will be done to the center feed body in the near future....Phantom Ego feed mod

Gen, the author of that thread is part of the Irregulators. As well as our primary MacDev teech and overall gun tinkering guru.

Wait til you see the goodness he is making for me!

We love Gen....now if we could just get him to actually play the sport more than once a year!

#10 User is offline   ThirdI 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

Picked it up from Krazy last night. Looks and feels great. Now if only I hadn't used all my air to fill balloons for my wife...

I'll post pictars this evening. Went with Silver and a clear yellow pump handle which looks good with the brass airline fittings.

#11 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

I want pics NOW! I might have a couple of suggestions, but I will wait for the pics.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#12 User is offline   HB 

• What should I put here?
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

I was expecting to see another thread by Boots with pictures of your Phantom before you received :blink: Pictures are a must.
I ref for Oregon Paintball
"HB"

Living the broke college student life.....

#13 User is offline   ThirdI 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

I did too. However, Krazy was packing it along with him so I could pick it up whenever. Living close to and being friend and teammate of the dealer FTW :blink:

Although, if Boots had kidnapped my Phantom, I could have further justified my continued torture of the booted one.

#14 User is offline   ThirdI 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now if only my tank o-ring wasn't damaged, I'd actually be able to mess around with it, grr... Oh, for the love of a 3-cent part.

#15 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Nice. I'm not sure about the gold pump handle though. I think it would look better with a smoke or clear handle. But, then again, that's the joy of the Phantom. It's all about personal taste.
Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users