• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turning The Ion On? no safety?????

#1 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

So i just got this in a trade. The guy claims he "knows nothing" about it. There isnt a safety switch, or a button. I have no clue on how to turn it on. Ive tried a brand new battery in it and nothing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Hooligan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rook5243

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:55 AM

Press the red power button; sometimes you gotta press hard. There is a little microswitch underneath. It will light up red when you are good to go

#3 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:09 AM

NICE!
Ok, and im guessing the number of blinks is the shot style its on? Like burst 3 and semi?
Does the trigger only work with co2 or nitro in it?

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

RTM - read the manual. http://forum.paintballlibrary.com/viewtopi...f=190&t=191

You need it to program the marker. btw, I always find it easiest to turn an ion on with my thumb on the button.

#5 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:22 AM

Even nicer! Is this a good marker? The guy threw in a tear drop barrel and some expensive paintballs. These just take 9 v?

#6 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

View PostEMarcus, on Dec 10 2009, 06:09 AM, said:

NICE!
Ok, and im guessing the number of blinks is the shot style its on? Like burst 3 and semi?
Does the trigger only work with co2 or nitro in it?

The rate of blinking tells you if the Eyes are on or not. If the eye is on, the gun wont fire unless a round is in the chamber ready to shoot. Eyes off & it will fire regardless.

#7 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

lol its a great marker if the electronics are still good. I love mine. You might want to buy a good hopper for it(Im using a rotor) because once everything is dialed in, it will shoot ropes - or at least as fast as your fingers will fly. HPA only unless you use antisphion C02, but it is recommended to just use HPA.
A 9v will last all day of non stop playing(remember to pull the 9v out when your done for the day). You can also get an xacto knife and peel the red button(and the surrounding black part) up if it wont turn on/off. Usually the only problems people have with this marker is the on-off switch(sometimes it gets depressed but doesn't come back up and they think the marker is broken) and the trigger switch(same problem). However, such problems usually occur after someone who doesn't know any better pulled the board out or tightened the trigger. You shouldn't have any big problems unless the solenoid goes out or something else crazy.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Ion, the marker that cost less than the body kit that's on it, but still shoots like a pro. :(

#8 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

So of its blinking its kinda like a safety? And the manual shows me how to program it? Is an electric hopper cool until I can find a rotor hopper. so nitro is reccommended?

#9 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

It tells you if the "eyes" are on or off. With the eyes on, the marker will only fire when a paintball is in the breach, if they are off, it will fire regardless. "Eyes" being "on" prevents the marker from "chopping" paint when a paintball has not fully entered the breach, but the trigger is pulled - instead off firing, the marker will just click(or not do anything). This tells you to shake the gun to get the paintball to fall down/unjam your hopper, or simply, fix the problem(which is usually done by turning eyes off and pulling the trigger, thus, chopping only once, so clean up is easier). So its kinda like a safety, but not really. The only real safety is turning the marker OFF and putting a barrel cover ON.

By program the marker, we simply mean change the dwell, Rate of Fire, and other small little customizations. This is done by pressing a small little button on the circuit board. Lights will start flashing and each different flash represents a different category. The easiest thing to do is to find out what the range of each category is, for example if(I dont know the actual numbers, the manual probably does) dwell is between 1 and 50, so set it to 25. Rate of fire is between 1-10 so set it to 5. etc. Do this for all categories, take a couple shots, see how you like it, then make small changes from there. You can also change the sloppiness in the trigger and what firing mode it is in(simi, 3 round, auto, rebound). I know mine is programmed very... different from most people's taste, but its all about personalization.

Any electronic hopper should do... but not extremely well. This marker is capable of 17bps(tourney speed) so you might want to get a hopper that can keep up. A lot of people who are serious about the sport use Halos, Rotors, or Eggs, just so that the hopper is not considered a bottle neck. Its better to buy one expensive hopper once rather than buy three different lower level ones, but that's my $.02

HPA is the way to go, more consistent shots and the FPS tends to stay within normal range. co2 is simply bad for the marker, and your accuracy altogether.

#10 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

awesome. i just read my manual. But i didnt understand how to set it up, it only showed what each light setting stood for. But i found my halo hopper, so it should keep up perfect with this gun. Thats FRAGin sweet that the gun wont chop paint! Thats all my spyder does with that electric hopper.
But ill read through the manual again and see if i get it.
Thanks guys!!!

#11 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

basically you find what you want to change - for instance - dwell up- you then press the power button until the circuit board light flash tells you it wont go higher, you then select - dwell down - you COUNT how many times you press the power button to make it read that it can go down no further, you then select - dwell up - again, and what ever you counted, you cut in half, and press the power button that many times. This will give you the default-ish dwell level. Do this on each item to achieve a factory-like setting. From there, you can dial it in.

To find the Ideal dwell --- I goggled this --- its for an ego, but it works the same... kinda... http://www.eclipse-o...hread.php?t=145

Im pretty sure that the Rate of Fire and Dwell will coincide or - one effects the other - but I might be wrong...

A Halo will do just fine! You might need a new feed neck though - cant tell from the picture.

"eyes" are a wonderful invention, but you will need to use good paint for it to be worth it lol. Bad paint and the marker might stop shooting do to the paint getting stuck more often than its worth. But Ive found that my ion does great with draxxus, marbalizers, and most Field Only Paints.

#12 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

this is a sweet gun once you get it dialed in your gunna love, i might recomend a new ASA and trigger maybe even a barrel kit then you will be good to go
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#13 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

View PostEMarcus, on Dec 10 2009, 11:22 PM, said:

awesome. i just read my manual. But i didnt understand how to set it up, it only showed what each light setting stood for. But i found my halo hopper, so it should keep up perfect with this gun. Thats FRAGin sweet that the gun wont chop paint! Thats all my spyder does with that electric hopper.
But ill read through the manual again and see if i get it.
Thanks guys!!!

Trek on over here www.Ionowners.com and sign up to that forum. Once you are accepted, you can post but you can still read stuff while waiting confirmation. Find my name [druid] and click the links in my sig. If after a few days you don't get confirmation, PM me [PMs work while you wait] and I'll get the Admin to clear you.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users